• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial RBs I'm not touching thread

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Forsett really that great of a RB to let the only other experienced backup on your team go?

Is their a difference? What exactly did Jennings do last year in MJD's absence to make them sign him back? I can take your avoidance of DMC, but not when in the same breath you can say you're not worried about MJD. You also said Oakland's offense stinks and defenses will stack the box. Uhh, let me introduce you to the Jaguars, starring Blaine Gabbert!

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tricky foot injury (the same that scares you from DMC?) and he's older... more of a track record, I get it...

Reggie's in a good situation, (minus the goal line situation?) and Sproles is a good every week low production but consistent guy, and Bell is the rookie I love and Miller has proven nothing. So track record?? I don't like Murray that much, so these could be argued, but Murray has more upside than all of them, if you ask me... but I can't defend picking Murray before them either...

But I'll take DMC all day in the 2nd round... as I'm sure all of you are aware. Yes he's extremely risky... but this is football. Heck, Le'Veon Bell missed the first preseason game of his career because of a knee injury! But that doesn't sway you away from him? Lamar Miller has started one game in his career, but you'll take him ahead?

Looks like we're on opposite ends of the spectrum, Sox... which is fine, just makes for more crow eating/crow shoveling!! I love it!!

He's said several times this offseason that he feels no pain at all and is fine. That's the only injury that he's ever had that's caused him to really miss time, so I'm fine with him as an RB2. He's older but not by a lot.

I love Reggie in Detroit. He's a great bet for 100+ yards from scrimmage and a TD each week. Sproles, I mean more in PPR formats obviously. I think Lamar Miller can be a very special back. He's strong but extremely explosive. Bell is going to be the bellcow in Pittsburgh, and he can be a sneaky good PPR guy. However, are you really comparing holding a guy out of 1 preseason game and another guy constantly missing several games for 5 years?

And yes, I'm very much looking forward to the shit talking...perhaps a DMC/MJD wager? :suds:

Is their a difference? What exactly did Jennings do last year in MJD's absence to make them sign him back? I can take your avoidance of DMC, but not when in the same breath you can say you're not worried about MJD. You also said Oakland's offense stinks and defenses will stack the box. Uhh, let me introduce you to the Jaguars, starring Blaine Gabbert!

Why on earth would I be as worried about MJD? He's missed half as much time as DMC and when healthy has been elite. You take his foot injury out of the equation (as he's apparently over it), and he's missed hardly any time.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO, I'm right there with ya, but this dude just ain't gonna come around my friend..trust me, I danced the tango with him as well. He's a go9d dancer too btw

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's Bell for sure....................hoping he falls to me in my keeper as
Foster's (tear in my eye) replacement when I have to let him go.
I have Foster in one of my keeper leagues as well and Bell is a guy I'm targeting to eventually overtake his spot. Great minds think alike?? :)

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO, I'm right there with ya, but this dude just ain't gonna come around my friend..trust me, I danced the tango with him as well. He's a go9d dancer too btw

Hey I have no beef with DMC, let me be clear. This is entirely based on his stuff on the field. Hell, the only time I've ever owned the guy was when I suckered a friend into trading him to me a couple of years ago for nothing, and he was awesome at the beginning of the year and won me a few matchups. I also have an odd liking for the Raiders, so it'd be cool if he was good. It's just a broken record with this guy that's been going on for 5 years now, and RBs age quicker than basically any position on the field.

Think about it this way - if you take out the guy's college career and subsequent studly reputation and look only at his pro career, would you still think of him as a 2nd-3rd round pick?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sox great thread

one thing though all this Murray talk

last night you guys let me have him in 4th round... :yahoo:.Tks now if he is healthy.....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it this way - if you take out the guy's college career and subsequent studly reputation and look only at his pro career, would you still think of him as a 2nd-3rd round pick?
YEP! Cuase he's one of 4-5 RB'S that have a realistic shot at 150-200 yds on any given Sunday
You can qoute all the season averages you want, doesn't change his ability to do it. Add in that he's an every down back (of which there ate like 5 of league-wide)..easy choice for me

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Woodhead.

Even though his draft position is very late, he's getting drafted, and I see no reason for it. He was the definition of a product of the system in New England, and on a bad offense I don't see what about his nonexistent skill set appeals to people.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEP! Cuase he's one of 4-5 RB'S that have a realistic shot at 150-200 yds on any given Sunday
You can qoute all the season averages you want, doesn't change his ability to do it. Add in that he's an every down back (of which there ate like 5 of league-wide)..easy choice for me

In 57 career games, he has topped 150 yards 4 times. There is nothing "realistic" about him hitting that mark if you go by what he has actually done.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sox great thread

one thing though all this Murray talk

last night you guys let me have him in 4th round... :yahoo:.Tks now if he is healthy.....

Thanks brotha, I'd like to see some new names added to freshen up the conversation.

BTW - I'm definitely a huge fan of Murray in the 4th round. That is some very, very solid value.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Woodhead.

Even though his draft position is very late, he's getting drafted, and I see no reason for it. He was the definition of a product of the system in New England, and on a bad offense I don't see what about his nonexistent skill set appeals to people.

I actually like his situation. Mathews is a huge injury risk, as is Ronnie Brown, and he's an excellent receiver out of the backfield. Mike McCoy showed in Denver that he has no problem throwing to RBs, too. Given that he's being picked around RB4 territory, he has sleeper potential IMO.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 57 career games, he has topped 150 yards 4 times. There is nothing "realistic" about him hitting that mark if you go by what he has actually done.

Name 5 other active RB's who have done it in roughly %10 of their games and I'll switch sides. And I wont even complain about you counting the games in 08 and 09 when he wasn't the lead back.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name 5 other active RB's who have done it in roughly %10 of their games and I'll switch sides. And I wont even complain about you counting the games in 08 and 09 when he wasn't the lead back.

That is actually 7% of his games. A better way to look at it is that he's done it 4 times in 5 seasons, as that's the relevant stat. When I just look at the top 10 backs from last season, I found 4 guys that have done it at way higher than 7% of the time -

Chris Johnson - 8 times in 79 games
Adrian Peterson - 15 times in 89 games
Jamaal Charles - 7 times in 65 games
Arian Foster - 6 times in 51 games

Then, if you wanna take it a step further, he's only gone above 120 yards rushing 6 times in 5 years. Are you telling me a starting RB who can only give you that kind of output 6 times in 5 years is worth a 2nd rounder? If so, then he is all yours. Like I've said, this isn't about his talent, it's about his health. He's showing that he can't take the pounding he did in college. He shows glimmers of his talent, but in the end his poor health wins out. When you look at just his NFL career, he is not a legit RB2, not until he can prove that he can stay healthy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Woodhead.

JDM, you are wrong on this one. I hope I never have to start Woodhead, but he could be like a poor man's Sproles this year. I think you are missing the boat with this system player idea. RBs in particular can be held back by Belichek because he limits their roles. A third down back could see the field an awful lot for a bad team like the Chargers who figure to be in catch-up mode a lot. Here is a quote on Woodhead:

The Union-Tribune San Diego's Michael Gehlken reiterated that Danny Woodhead is going to be a "big part" of the Chargers' offense.
"So Woodhead is going to be a big part of this thing," Gehlken said. "Woodhead is just better in a lot of areas than Ryan Mathews." The new Chargers regime has talked up Mathews as a "bellcow back" capable of playing all three downs, but they wouldn't have brought in Woodhead and re-signed Ronnie Brown if they felt that comfortable with Mathews. Woodhead is purely a flex option in standard leagues, but his value jumps considerably in PPR formats. Jun 26 - 8:46 PM

Am I drafting him to play? No, but as a 5th or 6th RB, I like the upside a heck of a lot more than someone like Michael Bush who needs an injury to be relevant.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I drafting him to play? No, but as a 5th or 6th RB, I like the upside a heck of a lot more than someone like Michael Bush who needs an injury to be relevant.

Ugh... don't tell that to us folks who started Matt Forte in week 1 last season.... :gaah:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant change the rules to suit your formuka...besides your talking about not wanting him in the first three rounds..which means you really should be finding about 20-25 RB'S that can do it. And since your up for changing the rules to make your point. .. if you take out the 25 games were he was not the only back in town ( 08-09)...it's 12.5
And yes that's exactly what I'm telling you.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant change the rules to suit your formuka...besides your talking about not wanting him in the first three rounds..which means you really should be finding about 20-25 RB'S that can do it. And since your up for changing the rules to make your point. .. if you take out the 25 games were he was not the only back in town ( 08-09)...it's 12.5
And yes that's exactly what I'm telling you.

I'm not changing the rules to suit my formula, I'm making it more relevant to this conversation. It doesn't look good either way you slice it. It would make sense to go by total games played if he didn't miss as much time being hurt as he has. However, when a guy has played as many seasons as he has, it matters that he has such a pattern of missing time every season. I mean, someone called the guy a 3 down back, yet he has only had over 113 carries (under 10 carries a game) twice in five seasons. That is an incredibly unreliable guy.

Also, there's no reason I'd look to find 20-25 backs that have a better chance of doing one arbitrary stat unless I wanted to be a poor fantasy player. You don't base a position as important as RB2 on a guy who has had roughly 1 explosive game a season, do you? Sounds like maybe at best an RB3 that you just play during a bye week and pray rather than a guy you rely on week in, week out.

I also just right now realized you're a Raiders fan, so I see why you're so passionate about this topic.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't excuse this for Fan-dom..and arbitrary stats are how we score the game..sorry you don't agree. Keep drafting that #15-#25 RB who has little to no chance of being elite in rds 2 & 3..I'll take a guy that has the ability to run with the big dogs

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't excuse this for Fan-dom..and arbitrary stats are how we score the game..sorry you don't agree. Keep drafting that #15-#25 RB who has little to no chance of being elite in rds 2 & 3..I'll take a guy that has the ability to run with the big dogs

My RB2 in this league is MJD, a guy I got in the 3rd round who has less of an injury concern and far more big fantasy days than DMC. My RB2 in my other league is Chris Johnson, one of those guys I mentioned who has a higher % of 150 yards days than DMC. I'd say I'm doing just fine. You keep chasing that unicorn and find yourself scrambling throughout the season trying to get a handcuff or hope someone trades you one of their RBs so you can start someone while DMC is resting one of the 7 injuries that have cost him time in his career.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM, you are wrong on this one. I hope I never have to start Woodhead, but he could be like a poor man's Sproles this year. I think you are missing the boat with this system player idea. RBs in particular can be held back by Belichek because he limits their roles. A third down back could see the field an awful lot for a bad team like the Chargers who figure to be in catch-up mode a lot. Here is a quote on Woodhead:

I don't think he has the skills to get more than 2-3 yards per touch. He's not all that quick, he's fast but not breakaway fast, and he drops too many balls for how limited his game is. He's intelligent but he physically there's just nothing there.

San Diego is going to be sorely disappointed if they expect him to be a significant player in their offense.

Last edited by a moderator: