• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial RBs I'm not touching thread

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this topic should expand beyond DMC, given how pivotal the position is and how many injury-prone runners there are.

1. Arian Foster - top 3 ADP + declining YPA and targets for 3 straight seasons + currently injured with week 1 availability in question + perhaps the best backup RB in the NFL = not gonna be playing for Ron Mexico this season in all 3 leagues.
2. DMC - This isn't a knock on his talent per se, but being healthy is also part of a demonstrable skillset and he is lacking sorely. You can't count on him to be healthy, you can't count on the Raiders offense being able to help him out, so unless it's the 6th round or later, no thanks.
3. Demarco Murray - I really love this guy when he's healthy, maybe more than anyone on this list outside of Foster. He is a horse at 225+ and has only been in the league 2 years, so I'm not ready to write him off yet. If he's healthy for a full season, he is a top-end RB2 if not a low-end RB1 choice, and a good one. That said, I'm probably looking elsewhere in the late 2nd-early 3rd, where Murray seems to be going.
4. Benjarvus Green-Ellis - There is nothing this guy brings to the table that sets him apart. He's been reasonably injury-resistant in his career, but his YPA is horrendous and his PPR potential is very weak. With Gio Bernard in town now, I don't see BJGE finishing the season being owned in a lot of leagues unless there is just a huge rash of injured RBs.
5. Ryan Mathews - Damnit, I want this kid to be healthy. He looks great this preseason thusfar, but how long is that gonna last? In a PPR league, he is an RB2 for sure when healthy, and would certainly warrant a choice in the first 50 picks. I wish I could trust him with a pick in the 5th-6th round (where I've seen him go, sometimes a little later but not much), but I just can't.
6. Frank Gore - The wheels have to come off soon. At 30, I can see this being the year where we start seeing more LMJ and Kendall Hunter and less Frank Gore, and he's going pretty high (3rd-4th round) for a guy with as many career carries as he has. Also has been hobbled recently, and doesn't play nearly as much of a role in the passing game as he used to.

Last edited by a moderator:

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from a fantasy standpoint it all depends on where they fall.. i wouldnt pick them in the first two round.. but late 3 - 4th or later.. why not take a flyer.. even if you can play the schedule and favorable matchups.. i have DMC on my team.. took him in the late 3rd round.. 11th pick in line.. to me he had the most upside of the back that were available..but theres my thought process.. on that..

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list. I picked Gore in round 2 in a choke move, and now I have to hope that he's got one more great year in him. Mathews is a total crapshoot. I love him too, but...well, we'll see. Demarco Murray is another one that, if healthy, is a great pick. He, like Mathews, killed me last year.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from a fantasy standpoint it all depends on where they fall.. i wouldnt pick them in the first two round.. but late 3 - 4th or later.. why not take a flyer.. even if you can play the schedule and favorable matchups.. i have DMC on my team.. took him in the late 3rd round.. 11th pick in line.. to me he had the most upside of the back that were available..but theres my thought process.. on that..

I'm basing those all on where I'm seeing them fall right now. In each and every instance, I'm able to see several guys who I'd rather have, if not at RB than much higher value picks at other positions that will pay off for my team's success.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list. I picked Gore in round 2 in a choke move, and now I have to hope that he's got one more great year in him. Mathews is a total crapshoot. I love him too, but...well, we'll see. Demarco Murray is another one that, if healthy, is a great pick. He, like Mathews, killed me last year.

Gore is probably the one guy on my list that I could see a strong argument for. He has had back-to-back 1200/8 seasons, and as an RB2 that is very solid. That said, he used to be such a great PPR guy - averaged 51 catches from 06-10 - and the last 2 years that aspect of his game has almost completely fallen off - averaging 22 catches. For a guy who is now 30 and has a lot of talent at his position on the roster, I am just too inclined to look at other guys who are gonna be likely to get more touches at that point in the draft.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with McFadden. Clearly he has talent. But equally as clearly, he is undependable, playing in only 71% of his games (57 of 80). His total yards per game is only 83.9 which I suppose is decent. But 14 other RB will give you better than 90.0 ypg and most will play all 16.

Gore. I respect this guy. I disagree only based on his line and his heart. For a couple of years, everyone's been expecting him to tank and he hasn't. He's been more consistent than younger guys on your list.

One guy I'm avoiding - MJD. Always liked him. Consistent. Gamer. But he's on an underachieving team going no where which is usually a good recipe for a stud RB. Plus foot injuries are nagging. And this isn't his first injury he's had as he gets into his NFL twilight years.

Another guy I'm leery about is Lynch. He looks old when he runs. And he's only 27. Not a good sign to me. Great season last year. All the more reason to avoid him. If your BEST season comes at age 27, I doubt that it will get better after that.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with McFadden. Clearly he has talent. But equally as clearly, he is undependable, playing in only 71% of his games (57 of 80). His total yards per game is only 83.9 which I suppose is decent. But 14 other RB will give you better than 90.0 ypg and most will play all 16.

Gore. I respect this guy. I disagree only based on his line and his heart. For a couple of years, everyone's been expecting him to tank and he hasn't. He's been more consistent than younger guys on your list.

One guy I'm avoiding - MJD. Always liked him. Consistent. Gamer. But he's on an underachieving team going no where which is usually a good recipe for a stud RB. Plus foot injuries are nagging. And this isn't his first injury he's had as he gets into his NFL twilight years.

Another guy I'm leery about is Lynch. He looks old when he runs. And he's only 27. Not a good sign to me. Great season last year. All the more reason to avoid him. If your BEST season comes at age 27, I doubt that it will get better after that.

I actually like MJD this year. I think Jacksonville isn't going to be good but I think they'll be better than last year. It appears that MJD is running at 100%, as evidenced by them letting his backup go to Oakland. Don't forget - he's only 1 year removed from 1600+ yards. I don't see him hitting that number this year, but I definitely see him getting at least 1200-1300. I think MJD owners who can get him in the late 2nd/early 3rd will be pleasantly surprised.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like MJD this year. I think Jacksonville isn't going to be good but I think they'll be better than last year. It appears that MJD is running at 100%, as evidenced by them letting his backup go to Oakland. Don't forget - he's only 1 year removed from 1600+ yards. I don't see him hitting that number this year, but I definitely see him getting at least 1200-1300. I think MJD owners who can get him in the late 2nd/early 3rd will be pleasantly surprised.
Rashard Jennings was allowed to leave becuase they upgraded to Justin Forsett..had nothing to do with MJD's status. MJD is the ONLY active player that I'm drawing a thick black line through on draft day. Bone on Bone knees..both of them. Odd that you'll knock on DMC and Murray for their injury issues which while they cost them games weren't major injuries, yet back up MJD who has serious problems with his legs.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on Demarco... yes he is injury risk but if u can get him in 3rd and as ur number 2 rb hes worth the risk.. especially with how few for sure things there are at rb this year

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashard Jennings was allowed to leave becuase they upgraded to Justin Forsett..had nothing to do with MJD's status. MJD is the ONLY active player that I'm drawing a thick black line through on draft day. Bone on Bone knees..both of them. Odd that you'll knock on DMC and Murray for their injury issues which while they cost them games weren't major injuries, yet back up MJD who has serious problems with his legs.

Is Forsett really that great of a RB to let the only other experienced backup on your team go? He's never been more than a journeyman. As far as MJD's knees go, he hasn't missed a game due to that injury for 3 seasons, so it looks like it's doing just fine. I'm not talking about MJD as some great dynasty player, but he has juice left in the tank. Even with MJD missing 10 games last season, he's missed barely half as many games (12) in the last 5 seasons as DMC (23). He's a workhorse back that has proven himself as a top-tier player, while DMC has been largely a bust for his career. If his foot is healthy, which is apparently the case, MJD is clearly the better choice.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on Demarco... yes he is injury risk but if u can get him in 3rd and as ur number 2 rb hes worth the risk.. especially with how few for sure things there are at rb this year

If he can stay healthy, he deserves that draft spot, no doubt. He's missed 9 games in 2 years though, and that's what kills me. In the area he's getting picked, I can grab a guy like Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, Darren Sproles, Leveon Bell, or one of the many top-tier QBs and WRs that are out there that I can depend on for sure.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this topic should expand beyond DMC, given how pivotal the position is and how many injury-prone runners there are.

1. Arian Foster - top 3 ADP + declining YPA and targets for 3 straight seasons + currently injured with week 1 availability in question + perhaps the best backup RB in the NFL = not gonna be playing for Ron Mexico this season in all 3 leagues.
2. DMC - This isn't a knock on his talent per se, but being healthy is also part of a demonstrable skillset and he is lacking sorely. You can't count on him to be healthy, you can't count on the Raiders offense being able to help him out, so unless it's the 6th round or later, no thanks.
3. Demarco Murray - I really love this guy when he's healthy, maybe more than anyone on this list outside of Foster. He is a horse at 225+ and has only been in the league 2 years, so I'm not ready to write him off yet. If he's healthy for a full season, he is a top-end RB2 if not a low-end RB1 choice, and a good one. That said, I'm probably looking elsewhere in the late 2nd-early 3rd, where Murray seems to be going.
4. Benjarvus Green-Ellis - There is nothing this guy brings to the table that sets him apart. He's been reasonably injury-resistant in his career, but his YPA is horrendous and his PPR potential is very weak. With Gio Bernard in town now, I don't see BJGE finishing the season being owned in a lot of leagues unless there is just a huge rash of injured RBs.
5. Ryan Mathews - Damnit, I want this kid to be healthy. He looks great this preseason thusfar, but how long is that gonna last? In a PPR league, he is an RB2 for sure when healthy, and would certainly warrant a choice in the first 50 picks. I wish I could trust him with a pick in the 5th-6th round (where I've seen him go, sometimes a little later but not much), but I just can't.
6. Frank Gore - The wheels have to come off soon. At 30, I can see this being the year where we start seeing more LMJ and Kendall Hunter and less Frank Gore, and he's going pretty high (3rd-4th round) for a guy with as many career carries as he has. Also has been hobbled recently, and doesn't play nearly as much of a role in the passing game as he used to.

The only guy on that list that I won't own is BJGE; I'll draft Murray, DMC or Gore as a #2 (actually have Gore AND Murray as my #1 and #2 in one league) and I'll take a chance on Mathews if he falls far enough. Foster, well I haven't drafted him on any of my 3 teams but I do own him in my keeper and I won't throw him back; I will be drafting Tate in the 5th-6th round of that draft though so Foster does come at a high price this year, Still, having the starting RB in the Houston offense is worth it IMO.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only guy on that list that I won't own is BJGE; I'll draft Murray, DMC or Gore as a #2 (actually have Gore AND Murray as my #1 and #2 in one league) and I'll take a chance on Mathews if he falls far enough. Foster, well I haven't drafted him on any of my 3 teams but I do own him in my keeper and I won't throw him back; I will be drafting Tate in the 5th-6th round of that draft though so Foster does come at a high price this year, Still, having the starting RB in the Houston offense is worth it IMO.

This logic is fine. If you draft Foster and don't end up with Tate, that is a very unenviable position to be in IMGHO.

If Gore and Murray can both be healthy, you're in good shape, but hopefully it's not a PPR league.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can stay healthy, he deserves that draft spot, no doubt. He's missed 9 games in 2 years though, and that's what kills me. In the area he's getting picked, I can grab a guy like Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, Darren Sproles, Leveon Bell, or one of the many top-tier QBs and WRs that are out there that I can depend on for sure.

In a redraft I'd take Murray out of all 4 of those guys but in a keeper it's Bell for sure....................hoping he falls to me in my keeper as Foster's (tear in my eye) replacement when I have to let him go.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a redraft I'd take Murray out of all 4 of those guys but in a keeper it's Bell for sure....................hoping he falls to me in my keeper as Foster's (tear in my eye) replacement when I have to let him go.

Not a PPR I assume?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have never understood the big interest in BJGE. I guess he's ok, but I don't think of him as anything special.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never understood the big interest in BJGE. I guess he's ok, but I don't think of him as anything special.

He had 24 combined rushing TDs in 2010 and 2011, and was a 1000 yard back last year. That's it. If I needed an RB3 in the 8th or 9th rd, I'd take him. He's a viable choice for a TD on any given week, but he's only gonna get you 12-13 points even if he gets a TD, so that's about it. If he doesn't get a TD, it's ugly (only managed 2 double digit point outings last season when he didn't get a rushing TD). He didn't even have another back to pressure him last year, so now with Bernard, he has no place as an RB2.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not anything special..he just happens to be an excellent short yardage/TD vulture..his only purpose for being

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tricky foot injury (the same that scares you from DMC?) and he's older... more of a track record, I get it...

In the area he's getting picked, I can grab a guy like Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, Darren Sproles, Leveon Bell,

Reggie's in a good situation, (minus the goal line situation?) and Sproles is a good every week low production but consistent guy, and Bell is the rookie I love and Miller has proven nothing. So track record?? I don't like Murray that much, so these could be argued, but Murray has more upside than all of them, if you ask me... but I can't defend picking Murray before them either...

But I'll take DMC all day in the 2nd round... as I'm sure all of you are aware. Yes he's extremely risky... but this is football. Heck, Le'Veon Bell missed the first preseason game of his career because of a knee injury! But that doesn't sway you away from him? Lamar Miller has started one game in his career, but you'll take him ahead?

Looks like we're on opposite ends of the spectrum, Sox... which is fine, just makes for more crow eating/crow shoveling!! I love it!!