• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official offseason thread

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of these stories of WTF invites to camp, I could have poked a lot of fun. But I didn't. Something told me not to.

Talk to me baby
giphy.gif

meh if he can still win faceoffs and sees limited minutes and expects to be paid as such

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh if he can still win faceoffs and sees limited minutes and expects to be paid as such

We have had a problem with faceoffs since we traded Johansen away last year. No one is sure why.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After kicking around a three-way trade with Calgary and Columbus that would have dropped Edmonton to sixth (and a selection of Mikhail Sergachev or Matthew Tkachuk)

I would really, really like to know what how these three GM's were trying to shoot themselves in the foot. Assuming Calgary wanted Pulji and so wanted to move to 3, and CBJ were intent on Dubois and so would draft 4th, what was Calgary willing to give up to get up to 3rd and why was moving down and including Hall such a non-deal for Edmonton that they would later trade their second-best player for a guy who might still not be their best defenceman on a team full of not-so-good defencemen?

I’m not sure Colorado ever got past Subban’s contract. Same with Edmonton. Chiarelli wouldn’t comment, but multiple sources said conversations between the Canadiens and Oilers did not last very long at all. The Oilers did not like the ask, and they know McDavid could become the highest-paid player in the NHL. They were not interested in pairing whatever that number will be with Subban’s $9M.

Sometimes, things are just so fucking stupid they verge on unbelievable.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, there are other GM's who appear as equally delusional as Bergevin:

Told that, another GM said that’s exactly why Subban was the one to go.

“It’s harsh, but it’s the reality of the cap, right? Your team falls apart without Price and you know what that means.”

“When is [Price’s] contract up?” Answer: Summer of 2018.

“So, if you keep Subban, how much are you looking at for both of them?”

About $1.1 million more than Weber's cap hit will cost you but for 4 fewer years, for the duration of which he will almost assuredly be the better player. That's a dipshit reason for a trade if I've ever heard one.

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres a name from the past (cesspool mentioned him) ... Peter Mueller looking for a PTO

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody want/need Kris Verstud - His contract in the Swiss league has been voided and he is a free agent.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, there are other GM's who appear as equally delusional as Bergevin:

Told that, another GM said that’s exactly why Subban was the one to go.

“It’s harsh, but it’s the reality of the cap, right? Your team falls apart without Price and you know what that means.”

“When is [Price’s] contract up?” Answer: Summer of 2018.

“So, if you keep Subban, how much are you looking at for both of them?”

About $1.1 million more than Weber's cap hit will cost you but for 4 fewer years, for the duration of which he will almost assuredly be the better player. That's a dipshit reason for a trade if I've ever heard one.

"It's a big problem if we have too many super talented elite players"

Said no right-thinking team ever.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
some PTOs

Setoguchi to the Kings
MA Bergeron to the BJ's
Yan Stastny to St Lou
The Wiz to Tampa

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some PTOs

Setoguchi to the Kings
MA Bergeron to the BJ's
Yan Stastny to St Lou
The Wiz to Tampa

Oh good, I was worried the Blue Jackets were heading to camp without enough defensemen who don't have an NHL-level skill set.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good, I was worried the Blue Jackets were heading to camp without enough defensemen who don't have an NHL-level skill set.

Well, here's a dman with a NHL level skill set still looking for a team...From Elliotte Friedman:

“Kris Russell, I hear, has got some interest out there and that he’s probably getting close to make a decision in the next few days. He’s a Western guy. I think in a perfect world he would stay out West, but right now he’s kind of got to wait. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if maybe he wants to go back to Calgary. Calgary has got a really crowded blueline. Unless they can do something there with one of their existing contracts, I’m not sure there’s room. But I think you’ll hear Russell signing probably within the next few days.”

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here's a dman with a NHL level skill set still looking for a team...From Elliotte Friedman:

“Kris Russell, I hear, has got some interest out there and that he’s probably getting close to make a decision in the next few days. He’s a Western guy. I think in a perfect world he would stay out West, but right now he’s kind of got to wait. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if maybe he wants to go back to Calgary. Calgary has got a really crowded blueline. Unless they can do something there with one of their existing contracts, I’m not sure there’s room. But I think you’ll hear Russell signing probably within the next few days.”
I'm really unsure who I'd rather have between MA Bergeron and Kris Russell, even if both were playing for the minimum.

At this point it wouldn't shock me at all if Russell winds up on a PTO. I doubt it'll come to that but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it wouldn't shock me at all if Russell winds up on a PTO. I doubt it'll come to that but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

He's probably going to have to "settle" for another show me 1 year contract for close to what he was making last season (2.5 million to 3 million). If the Flames could find someone to take Dennis Wideman, I'd gladly take Russell back, alas, there are no takers for Dennis.