• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official offseason thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of Zibby's but if anything he's overrated. His POTENTIAL is through the roof but it's looking less and less likely that he'll reach that (for what it's worth I think he probably will). His inconsistency issues/poor starts to the year have become a problem.

He was also passed on the depth chart last year by J-G Pageau when Turris got hurt. Now that I think of it I would bet that was a big impetus for him being moved. Pageau is a good 3rd line center who can fill in short-term for a 2nd liner.

Also, the Rangers have already paid out 2 Mil this year to Brass so his salary is $3MIL to Zibaneajd's $3.25MIL.
That bonus being paid out is probably the reason for the 2nd round pick. 2nd round picks are kind of meh assets but this kind of cheapness from our owner kind of pisses me off. That's the part of the deal that I don't like the most at this point.
I have no reason to not believe anything you say of him, but I also have no reason to not believe you when you say that the recently dismissed Senators coach was a huge cause of issues with the Senators and the play of their roster.

Playing for one of the better coaches in the league will let us see just how good Ziba is.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no reason to not believe anything you say of him, but I also have no reason to not believe you when you say that the recently dismissed Senators coach was a huge cause of issues with the Senators and the play of their roster.

Playing for one of the better coaches in the league will let us see just how good Ziba is.

True enough. Like I said I'm a fan and he's got tonnes of talent. Not sure the drive is there (yet). Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs.

Playing for Vigneault could just as easily go the other way too though. Maybe he staples Zib's ass to the bench for not working hard enough (both on the ice and off). As it is, allowing players to produce offensively wasn't the issue with Cameron so we could see a drop in offensive production here too under a more defensive system. Ottawa scored plenty of goals.

I think he figures it out for himself and has a real nice career (averages 55-60 points with 25 goals during his prime). He might even break out huge and become a 70 point power forward. I hope the kid plays well and that Brassard plays well in Ottawa. As I said before I think management thinks that Brassard, at his stage of development, is a better (and cheaper :L), transition into the Colin White/Logan Brown era. They better hope they didn't strike out on those two picks or this trade will leave a huge hole in 2-3 years.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Torts isn't with the rag$ anymore

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Richards gets a gold watch and then some...

With his buyout from the Rangers, he's getting paid a little over $5 million this season, and then a little over $1 million a year for the next 9 seasons.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked Brad Richards, to bad to see him retire.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Shea Weber will have a message for Kreider if he bumps into Carey Price?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSchenn avoids arb, signs 4 year deal with a $5.125 mil AAV.

Kadri's contract looks like a god damn steal in comparison.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSchenn avoids arb, signs 4 year deal with a $5.125 mil AAV.

Kadri's contract looks like a god damn steal in comparison.

Always did.

Flyers fans have to be viewing this as a good sign regarding the front office/team building process too I'd think.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always did.

Flyers fans have to be viewing this as a good sign regarding the front office/team building process too I'd think.
Not a huge Schenn fan, but if he can put up 55-60 pts playing alongside Giroux I guess he's worth that money.

They also signed Dale Wiese for 4 years though, which is up in Matt Martin perplexing territory, and Voracek's deal is only likely to look worse going forward.

Flyer fans should be excited about the farm, though. Provorov, Konecny (still upset at the Leafs for trading this pick) and Sanheim all look like they could be stars.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone provide me with evidence to support Ken Holland having a job still? That move to the East that prolonged their playoff streak saved his rear end. They just feel like a team treading water, hopelessly stuck in between contention and lottery pick.