• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official offseason thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, Kris Russell got married this past weekend.

/No, I don't think Lucic was at his reception :D

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the one to point out that Detroit are once again a cap team despite not having a single player on their roster that scored more than 52 points last year.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the one to point out that Detroit are once again a cap team despite not having a single player on their roster that scored more than 52 points last year.

So...they moved Datsyuk's dead money and then used that money...to bring back their mediocre players that barely got them into one playoff series which they lost handily. Well, I guess Nielsen too. But still, they went from dreams of Stamkos to Frans Nielsen and re-signing mediocre guys.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...they moved Datsyuk's dead money and then used that money...to bring back their mediocre players that barely got them into one playoff series which they lost handily. Well, I guess Nielsen too. But still, they went from dreams of Stamkos to Frans Nielsen and re-signing mediocre guys.
Lost handily with Datsyuk on the roster. Much as I like Nielsen, even on his best day he isn't Pavel on his worst.

But hey, they got Vanek and you know what they say about one man's trash: it usually ends up in a dump in Michigan.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends how many Marlies games you plan to attend
Apparently the Shanny House Mafia really liked him during his tryout at rookie camp and he had good chemistry with Marner.

But at this point I think the Leafs have 400 forwards and I'm unsure as to what they plan to do with them all unless they plan on making the Orlando Solar Bears the most fearsome machine the ECHL has ever seen.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost handily with Datsyuk on the roster. Much as I like Nielsen, even on his best day he isn't Pavel on his worst.

But hey, they got Vanek and you know what they say about one man's trash: it usually ends up in a dump in Michigan.

I was so bummed to lose Nielsen because of his two way play. He was also great on the PP. The problem is the Isles have WAY too many centers....they needed more natural wingers. By the end of the season last year Nielsen was playing on JT's wing. I'm sure it wasn't ideal for Frans and it's part of the reason he left....that and he got overpaid. Nice contract for a 32 year old.

Vanek is awful. What a drop off that guy had.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so bummed to lose Nielsen because of his two way play. He was also great on the PP. The problem is the Isles have WAY too many centers....they needed more natural wingers. By the end of the season last year Nielsen was playing on JT's wing. I'm sure it wasn't ideal for Frans and it's part of the reason he left....that and he got overpaid. Nice contract for a 32 year old.

Vanek is awful. What a drop off that guy had.
Nielsen is indeed a very effective player, but like you said - old and overpaid. Still might be able to get a year or two out of him.

Of course, if he winds up lined up with Abracadabra and Tartar Sauce they might all be reduced to 25 pt players right off the bat. Yikes.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nielsen is indeed a very effective player, but like you said - old and overpaid. Still might be able to get a year or two out of him.

Of course, if he winds up lined up with Abracadabra and Tartar Sauce they might all be reduced to 25 pt players right off the bat. Yikes.
I feel like Detroit is trying to fill that void from when Filppula left. They are very similar players.