• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official offseason thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't assume they're not going to trade him anyway. Someone making good money has got to be moved somewhere.
It has, not for one second, made any sense that the guy they would trade would be their best blue liner.

Then again, it probably wouldn't even be in the top five dumbest things to happen in the NHL recently so why should I be so shocked.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subban took a jab at his new home south of the border in Nashville as well.

“If there’s one thing I’ve tried to do in all the cities I’ve played in, it’s immerse myself in the local culture. In Belleville, I learned how to sail, when I moved to Montreal, I learned how to speak French – right ladies? And in Hamilton, I learned how to breathe through my mouth,” he joked, as the audience laughed. “So now that I’m living in Nashville, it’s time I learned more about…” he said, baiting the audience… before he hit the punchline: “That’s right, getting pulled over by the cops.”

:laugh:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subban took a jab at his new home south of the border in Nashville as well.

“If there’s one thing I’ve tried to do in all the cities I’ve played in, it’s immerse myself in the local culture. In Belleville, I learned how to sail, when I moved to Montreal, I learned how to speak French – right ladies? And in Hamilton, I learned how to breathe through my mouth,” he joked, as the audience laughed. “So now that I’m living in Nashville, it’s time I learned more about…” he said, baiting the audience… before he hit the punchline: “That’s right, getting pulled over by the cops.”

:laugh:

Lmao

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shea Weber is gonna get chewed up and spit out of Montreal isnt he? by both media and the fans ... theyre talking about the deal in the cesspool and they brought up the article written by some habs reporter yesterday re "where is Shea Weber?"

in summary, the writer wanted to know why Weber hasnt shown his face in Montreal yet for any type of press conference

i mean ... Shea is not helping matters much ... when Weber was in the cesspool last week at the Moj golf tournament, he was short and didnt want to talk about the trade or how he felt about it at all ... almost seemed like he was in denial

it was great (awkward lol ) radio ... Weber was on with his childhood buddy Cody Franson and the radio guys were reminiscing about how last year at the golf tournament when they were on the air, Shea was ripping/ribbing Franson for not being able to land with a team and Franson took it and (sadly) laughed it off

... and this year when the radio hosts asked Franson if he had some verbal shots/barbs to hit at his buddy as revenge, Franson said "I dont think Im allowed to talk about that" wow lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and this year when the radio hosts asked Franson if he had some verbal shots/barbs to hit at his buddy as revenge, Franson said "I dont think Im allowed to talk about that" wow lol

Cody isn't one to throw stones, although Weber could probably use a little Rosetta Stone...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Kris Russell camp is still waiting for a few teams to clear money. Free agency can be a tough waiting game.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shea Weber is gonna get chewed up and spit out of Montreal isnt he? by both media and the fans ... theyre talking about the deal in the cesspool and they brought up the article written by some habs reporter yesterday re "where is Shea Weber?"

in summary, the writer wanted to know why Weber hasnt shown his face in Montreal yet for any type of press conference

i mean ... Shea is not helping matters much ... when Weber was in the cesspool last week at the Moj golf tournament, he was short and didnt want to talk about the trade or how he felt about it at all ... almost seemed like he was in denial

it was great (awkward lol ) radio ... Weber was on with his childhood buddy Cody Franson and the radio guys were reminiscing about how last year at the golf tournament when they were on the air, Shea was ripping/ribbing Franson for not being able to land with a team and Franson took it and (sadly) laughed it off

"can i go bake to the lake now?"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meanwhile in vancouver ???

Subban ... in Vancouver, suiting up for the "Vancouver All-Stars"

/Oprah is mocking me!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not yet - Last I heard he and his agent were still waiting for some teams to clear some cap space.

Ottawa has the cap space. I'd be fine with Russell taking Borowiecki's spot on the third pairing at ~$2M. Somehow I don't think that's what Russell has in mind though

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ottawa has the cap space. I'd be fine with Russell taking Borowiecki's spot on the third pairing at ~$2M. Somehow I don't think that's what Russell has in mind though

He might have to "settle" for about what he was making last season (2.6 million).