• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official offseason thread

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yesterday, Jarmo said pretty foolishly on TSN Radio "If someone wants to put in a crazy high offer sheet for Jones, we'll match it". Careful what you wish for.

I wouldn't mind having Hartnell on the Isles. Always love the way that guy plays.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yesterday, Jarmo said pretty foolishly on TSN Radio "If someone wants to put in a crazy high offer sheet for Jones, we'll match it". Careful what you wish for.

"If someone wants to put in a crazy high offer sheet, we'll take draft picks."

Boll and Tyutin are as good as bought out, Clarkson will likely be Prongered for the remainder of his life. If they can package someone with Hartnell, everything will be fine.

I believe I have heard that the Jackets want to go 7mx8yr for Jones. Anything above that and they walk away. I think it's too much dollars, would rather see 6m-6.5m. But after what Goligoski got, it's a bit hard to assume less.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If someone wants to put in a craxy high offer sheet, we'll take draft picks."

Boll and Tyutin are as good as bought out, Clarkson will likely be Prongered for the remainder of his life. If they can package someone with Hartnell, everything will be fine.

I believe I have heard that the Jackets want to go 7mx8yr for Jones. Anything above that and they walk away. I think it's too much dollars, would rather see 6m-6.5m. But after what Goligoski got, it's a bit hard to assume less.
Is that you revising the quote? Because...

That's from the interviewer lol.

I don't think CBJ is walking away from Jones no matter what comes their way.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And will you also take Johnson?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind having Hartnell on the Isles. Always love the way that guy plays.
If Columbus eats a mil and takes, say, Ho Sang and a later pick, I think it's a good deal. The Isles are rumoured to be interested in Ladd so they could use the money they were gonna throw at him on something else, too.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that you revising the quote? Because...

That's from the interviewer lol.

I don't think CBJ is walking away from Jones no matter what comes their way.

I was just saying what I heard in your quote. They said the same shit with Johansen in an effort to scare people off but I think there was a definite line in the sand at that time too.

It would be really stupid to lose Jones especially after the circus around getting him, but John Davidson won't put anyone above the team. I am sure there is a dollar figure that the team has set as a limit. Now, it's probably very high and the Jackets are saying they want him for max term, so maybe he'll accept a bit lower dollar for 8 years of stability.

But if someone wants to offer him 9+ for 7 years, I am not sure the Jackets match. It will be another fiasco, but I really don't think they do it.

And, of course, I am not sure if anyone even *can* make that kind of offer to him.

You can have Josh Bailey. No money need to be retained either....

Who is he, and what does he think of Cleveland?

No. We will not. Good day sir.

Oh, poo.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Columbus eats a mil and takes, say, Ho Sang and a later pick, I think it's a good deal. The Isles are rumoured to be interested in Ladd so they could use the money they were gonna throw at him on something else, too.

I hate the interest in Ladd BS being thrown around. If you are willing to throw Ladd, who is 30, a long term deal with high AAV, why the fuck wouldn't you want Okposo for maybe at tops a $1M more who's 28. Ridiculous.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cesspool saying Yzerman may do a trade and sign with Stamkos in the next 24 hours ... team that trades for him will be able to give him max years

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth noting that RFA's were able to talk to other teams as of yesterday (but not, officially, about $$$) so maybe Jones had a few convos and figured nobody was going to pry him from CBJ.

If he managed to get an 8th year that probably helped.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, at 5.3 million, Stamkos can buy a downtown condo in Vancouver and have enough left over for a Ford Fiesta.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, at 5.3 million, Stamkos can buy a downtown condo in Vancouver and have enough left over for a Ford Fiesta.
At $4.7 million he can live above a bodega in T.O.

/But he can always live at home with his folks in Markham so I'm calling it advantage Leafs.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At $4.7 million he can live above a bodega in T.O.

/But he can always live at home with his folks in Markham so I'm calling it advantage Leafs.

I was gonna say this about Andrew Ladd and Troy Brouwer re Vancouver ... they could sign here ... pocket the money and move into their respective mom and dads basements :noidea:

LIVIN THE LIFE!!!!