• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

t'Official offseason thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Bogosian I take it?

That's actually the main reason I hope that Sergeichev or Juolevi is still on the board at the 8th spot.
I actually read yesterday that they were trying to move Bogosian, which would be a miracle because no, I am not a fan.

Though if we're being fair, he seemed to play a lot better after the all star break. Buffalo isn't going to go far with him as their second-best defenceman though.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the prime export from Buffalo is chicken wings, followed by gang violence and unemployment line standers. You can have the first and your pick of one of the last two.

Sadly, they just ran out of their remaining supply of Buffaslugs.
The cabbies in Buffalo can't take a punch either.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually read yesterday that they were trying to move Bogosian, which would be a miracle because no, I am not a fan.

Though if we're being fair, he seemed to play a lot better after the all star break. Buffalo isn't going to go far with him as their second-best defenceman though.
I would agree. I think he's a solid 2nd pairing guy, so a little help on Friday would be good.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the prime export from Buffalo is chicken wings, followed by gang violence and unemployment line standers. You can have the first and your pick of one of the last two.

Sadly, they just ran out of their remaining supply of Buffaslugs.

But see, one of the local secrets here is the restaurant chain "Buffalo Wild Wings" actually started here at OSU by two guys from Buffalo who came here for college in order to experience milder winters. So we don't need incoming Wings in any deal.

We have enough gang violence, and very low unemployment too. Not sure if those people would be happy being line standers here, because people would be giving them jobs.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Serg and Chychrun will both still be on the board at 8. Juo might get snagged by Edmonton if they wind up drafting, or maybe Arizona.
I think Arizona would be more likely to go with Sergachev (I've seen his name spelled a half dozen different ways, so I have no idea which one is right) than Juolevi, but who knows.

I think Serg is the most NHL ready of the bunch, though Juolevi being on a potential pairing with his countryman is intriguing. His size scares me a bit though.

Either of those would be my 1A and 1B choices with Chychrun as 2nd.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a season like the NFL had about 5 years ago without a cap to see what happens. This could coincide with expansion. I don't see what could go wrong here.
Or just, you know, kill the god damn thing once and for all.

So we'll lose Phoenix and Carolina and Florida. Who the hell is gonna miss them?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really like the Goligoski signing for AZ. Makes for a pretty threatening second pair with Mike Stone if they can swing a trade for a better right-handed partner for OEK.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only maybe two or three of them are in need of a bad contract though. Most of those teams have RFA's or upcoming UFA's/RFA's that they need the space for.

Yeah, once the Flames re-up Johnny Hockey and Moneyhands, they'll be a lot closer to the cap ceiling than the cap floor.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw another RUMO(U)R yesterday

Flames get #3 pick and a salary
CBJ gets #6 and the 3 flames 2nd round picks

/may or may have emanated (like a noxious gas) from Eric Francis

:think:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmieri is the biggest RFA for the Devils and after a 30 goal season he's due for a big pay raise. Smith-Pelley probably earned himself a few extra bucks as well after the tear he went on when he arrived here (really hoping they don't treat him as anything more than a really good 3rd liner).