• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread tOfficial NCAA Tournament thread

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...I sure wish your boys where here. But you and I've been around this long enough to know that the one and done takes no prisoners.

When Jefferson went down he was averaging a double double. I don't care what team it is when you lose that it becomes an uphill battle. But he was also another rim protector and a great defender in the post. He was like the rock foundation for the whole defense. From that point the stars in their courses were against them.

Good luck to Syracuse, Destiny's Darlings?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Jefferson went down he was averaging a double double. I don't care what team it is when you lose that it becomes an uphill battle. But he was also another rim protector and a great defender in the post. He was like the rock foundation for the whole defense. From that point the stars in their courses were against them.

Good luck to Syracuse, Destiny's Darlings?

Thanks man.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a call the ref on the baseline makes. Not the dude at half court

Man....I was so pissed. He makes a call from way out back without the view...then they don't over turn it with video clearly showing Coo0ney was in.

Then they report something about that circumstance was not up for reviewing? I just don't get it. If SU lost cause of that, I would have been smoking mad and still having to defend SU just being there.

That one ref was about to get a visit.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quote in a CBS article:

"Good news, NCAA: We're two wins away from the Academic Fraud semifinal between North Carolina and Syracuse."

I'm caught between a facepalm and bust out laughing.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Brey is such a good dude. Nice to have a coach you like and respect. Wish I could say the same about our egomaniac ftball coach

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another cbs article....

The Orange used a stunning comeback to defeat Gonzaga 63-60, although an inexcusable call by referee Doug Sirmons nearly cost them the game.

Ole Dougie better take a rest for the remainder of the weekend.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how they didn't overturn that call.

The ref on the end line could have done it in real time.

apparently the play wasn't reviewable. So they never actually reviewed it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but if you see something, you call it. I understand what you are saying.

True. Generally with reffing you let the guy who's area that is make the ball first, unless it's really really REALLY obvious that he missed something.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref on the end line could have done it in real time.

apparently the play wasn't reviewable. So they never actually reviewed it.

They actually took about 3 minutes reviewing it on the monitor and another two minutes of discussing it between the three of them.

The conclusion they reported was that the play was not allowed to be reviewed. Well I'm confused. Why were they looking at it then? I've seen dozens of out of bounds plays reviewed where they are looking at the toe touching the line or not. But maybe someone can explain why SU's wasn't a reviewable play and others are.

Even the announcers were swinging as well as Clark Gumble and a CBS article today.

I think it's the Coonie has too small of feet rule, (section 4.1.oh shit we screwed up big time.6.play ball) of required shoe size in NCAA Tournament games.

One ref is calling a foul on the zags, the other is over ruling from center field at yankee stadium?

I think SU Fans should be able to pelt Doug Simmons with oranges equal to amount of time they took delaying the game and sending me over the cliff.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually took about 3 minutes reviewing it on the monitor and another two minutes of discussing it between the three of them.

The conclusion they reported was that the play was not allowed to be reviewed. Well I'm confused. Why were they looking at it then? I've seen dozens of out of bounds plays reviewed where they are looking at the toe touching the line or not. But maybe someone can explain why SU's wasn't a reviewable play and others are.

Even the announcers were swinging as well as Clark Gumble and a CBS article today.

I think it's the Coonie has too small of feet rule, (section 4.1.oh shit we screwed up big time.6.play ball) of required shoe size in NCAA Tournament games.

One ref is calling a foul on the zags, the other is over ruling from center field at yankee stadium?

I think SU Fans should be able to pelt Doug Simmons with oranges equal to amount of time they took delaying the game and sending me over the cliff.

Funny how quick this guy was to make that call when the "best" refs let half of Justice Winslow's foot go out of bounds last year in a key moment.

I really shouldn't be surprised when they botch replay after they screwed up the clear touch out of bounds by Duke late in the game last year as well. Sometimes you just have to wonder WTF these guys are looking at on the monitor...cause apparently it's not always the play in question.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how quick this guy was to make that call when the "best" refs let half of Justice Winslow's foot go out of bounds last year in a key moment.

I really shouldn't be surprised when they botch replay after they screwed up the clear touch out of bounds by Duke late in the game last year as well. Sometimes you just have to wonder WTF these guys are looking at on the monitor...cause apparently it's not always the play in question.

Just listened to an interview with Coonie saying they were not reviewing the play but rather determining the time left on the clock only.

That's explains what they were doing at the monitor. Oh well. I still want to throw oranges at Simmons.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called that 'Cuse over the Zags. I think the dream season comes to an end against Virginia however. Cheers @jonvi. Boeheim never gets the credit he deserves. I'm pulling for 'Cuse.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called that 'Cuse over the Zags. I think the dream season comes to an end against Virginia however. Cheers @jonvi. Boeheim never gets the credit he deserves. I'm pulling for 'Cuse.

Thanks for the support mall.

I put all my v/cash on the cuse on the Dayton game and then let it ride again on the zags. In two weeks I went from 800 v/cash to my just over $3000 today. I did lose $300 betting on Duke. I think @douggie and @redseat should cover that for me. :-)

@SportsHoopla Bookie tried suckering me into going all in on the $3200 to $100 dollar odds on SU winning the tournament. He didn't know I learned long ago that odds don't win a fight.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they shouldn't have made it. Just because they're in the elite 8 that's not changed. Being an average ACC team and then losing to a fellow bubble team in the ACC tourney shouldn't cut it. I'm not surprised though, committee loves the power 5 teams.

It's not a completely merit-less post.

Should you include those that 'should' make it in, or those who 'are the most dangerous' teams?

For example, Temple was also a 10 seed. No way in hell Temple wins 3 games. I don't care how favorably the bracket breaks for them.

The committee almost picks the teams which have the most talent and can make the most noise. And that is Syracuse.

St. Marys deserved a bid over anybody else who got shafted in my opinion.