• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't having piss poor impulse control play a part in sexually assaulting someone?

No. Look at most people convicted of it. They are very controlled and had the intent on committing the act. That is completely different.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard what he said.

That is not funny at all to be yelled out in public. Maybe a few people thought it was funny but I seriously doubt everyone thought that. Again, his personality has nothing to do with how stupid it was.

I agree. People have become too conditioned these days to stuff like this. No one wants to be the un-cool person who says they have a problem with something like this.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if everyone did think it was funny, is that a good thing?

I kind of don't think so.

I wish the best for Winston, in that I hope he pulls his act together. I seriously hate to see talent wasted. But the fact remains, it's not looking good for him.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Look at most people convicted of it. They are very controlled and had the intent on committing the act. That is completely different.

Now you are just making shit up.

There is no way you can say that people who commit sexual assault don't have impulse control issues.

Its amazing the lengths you will go to, to try deflect any blame on that moron.

Have you ever spent this much time and effort defending other athletes who weren't found guilty ?

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard what he said.

That is not funny at all to be yelled out in public. Maybe a few people thought it was funny but I seriously doubt everyone thought that. Again, his personality has nothing to do with how stupid it was.

Only reason to bring it up is to try using it as an excuse.

No not what he said. What was said by EVERYONE ELSE in the student union. I think you need to look at the tweets from those students. Not make an assumption. I read them last night. Most of the students who tweeted thought it was hilarious. Look at deadspin, Tallahasse-Democrat, and Orlando Sentinel to read them.

No bringing up what was said by the people there is not making an excuse. Even though I know even if those people were all interviewed by ESPN you would say they are making excuses. This is a constant theme in a discussion with you. Hence why I try to avoid it.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are just making shit up.

There is no way you can say that people who commit sexual assault don't have impulse control issues.

Really I am making it up? Maybe you need to research some things before making blanket statements. Most people convicted of sexual assault have the INTENT to commit the act. It was not something done on a whim.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if everyone did think it was funny, is that a good thing?

I kind of don't think so.

I wish the best for Winston, in that I hope he pulls his act together. I seriously hate to see talent wasted. But the fact remains, it's not looking good for him.

Here is the worst part of this all. There is a "movement" for the ENTIRE student body to yell the phrase during the game.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I am making it up? Maybe you need to research some things before making blanket statements. Most people convicted of sexual assault have the INTENT to commit the act. It was not something done on a whim.

Yes, you are making it up.

Maybe you should do some research

Most "college campus" sexual crimes are committed because of lack of impulse control.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen it happen. So not a large leap at all.

So you have seen a person with the EXACT same things as Winston expelled? Or you saw 1 guy expelled. Where I also have seen a guy busted selling weed 4 times not expelled for those acts. You are making the leap because you assume all college code of conducts rules and punishments are the same.

Was the guy in your example expelled for defacing school property and stealing school property? Or was what happened off campus?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not what he said. What was said by EVERYONE ELSE in the student union. I think you need to look at the tweets from those students. Not make an assumption. I read them last night. Most of the students who tweeted thought it was hilarious. Look at deadspin, Tallahasse-Democrat, and Orlando Sentinel to read them.

No bringing up what was said by the people there is not making an excuse. Even though I know even if those people were all interviewed by ESPN you would say they are making excuses. This is a constant theme in a discussion with you. Hence why I try to avoid it.

Again, if it is not an excuse why bring it up ?

It plays no part on how stupid it was.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you are making it up.

Maybe you should do some research

Most "college campus" sexual crimes are committed because of lack of impulse control.

If you believe that the allegation against him shows his impulse control then you must be admitting that her claim of being drugged is false. Because in this case she stated she was drugged. That negates everything you are trying to state.

And did I leave this as college campus items? Nope I said that those convicted of these crimes which means EVERYWHERE. Also convicted and not accused. Notice the bold.

I am not talking in the bubble of a college campus. On a college campus they call it an acquaintance r*pe. By which it means the people know each other. That does not indicate one way or the other if it is an impulse control issue. All that states is that when the majority are reported the person accused is someone the other knows. You have no idea if those accused did it on a whim, bet, dare, or because they had been thinking about it for a while.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the worst part of this all. There is a "movement" for the ENTIRE student body to yell the phrase during the game.

Wow! So society really is turning into a complete a total shit-pile. I have no problem with people using some profanity, but in the right situation. You don't do it in public places where you have no idea just who might be listening... and if FSU's fans do it during a game, then NCAA needs to make an example by banning them from post-season play.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if it is not an excuse why bring it up ?

It plays no part on how stupid it was.

I never said it was not stupid now did I?

I am telling you that your assumption that only some thought it funny is fully incorrect. I even gave you the places to read for yourself. I know you will not and this is why I stopped discussing things with you. You hold tight to your beliefs without first reading the entirety of a situation. Showing you that the majority of the others in the student union thinking it was funny goes more to him trying to be funny than a correlation that he did in fact r*pe a girl. Which you have tried to link these two with about 1/10 of a % of the story. Just the headline.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fucking stupid. You can't compare Jameis to a random college kid. He's not random. He won the Heisman and led FSU to a title last year.

So that means he's less of a moron college kid?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! So society really is turning into a complete a total shit-pile. I have no problem with people using some profanity, but in the right situation. You don't do it in public places where you have no idea just who might be listening... and if FSU's fans do it during a game, then NCAA needs to make an example by banning them from post-season play.

How do you ban a team for the actions of people who purchased tickets, say something which is protected under the 1st amendment(even if profane and vulgar), and are NOT athletes?

If they do it I will be pissed, but there is no jurisdiction for the NCAA over the non athletes and other fans within the stadium.

ESPN has heard about it and I bet that they will have the game on a 7 second delay.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe that the allegation against him shows his impulse control then you must be admitting that her claim of being drugged is false. Because in this case she stated she was drugged. That negates everything you are trying to state.

And did I leave this as college campus items? Nope I said that those convicted of these crimes which means EVERYWHERE. Also convicted and not accused. Notice the bold.

I am not talking in the bubble of a college campus. On a college campus they call it an acquaintance r*pe. By which it means the people know each other. That does not indicate one way or the other if it is an impulse control issue. All that states is that when the majority are reported the person accused is someone the other knows. You have no idea if those accused did it on a whim, bet, dare, or because they had been thinking about it for a while.

Lack of impulse control applies to bad judgement on ones actions.

Banging a girl that is drugged and unable to be coherent would fall into that category.

They were on a college campus so why would that not be relevant ?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But again, it all come down to self control, right? There's a reason why I don't go out and take things that belong to others. I'm sure that I could probably get away with it as long as I don't go overboard. But I have self-control, I don't act on impulses and I know right from wrong. We allow society to break down when we start being ok with things like this.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was not stupid now did I?

I am telling you that your assumption that only some thought it funny is fully incorrect. I even gave you the places to read for yourself. I know you will not and this is why I stopped discussing things with you. You hold tight to your beliefs without first reading the entirety of a situation. Showing you that the majority of the others in the student union thinking it was funny goes more to him trying to be funny than a correlation that he did in fact r*pe a girl. Which you have tried to link these two with about 1/10 of a % of the story. Just the headline.

Why are you trying to act like you know how every person that was present felt about his yelling of an obscenity?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you ban a team for the actions of people who purchased tickets, say something which is protected under the 1st amendment(even if profane and vulgar), and are NOT athletes?

If they do it I will be pissed, but there is no jurisdiction for the NCAA over the non athletes and other fans within the stadium.

ESPN has heard about it and I bet that they will have the game on a 7 second delay.

No, I'm talking about hitting everyone where it hurts and not letting FSU(the team) play a single post-season game. You've got to make a stand and put an end to crap like this or like cancer, it will grow and spread.