• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is something that you can only opine on. You have nothing to show that his parents were bad parents. Again you cannot tell me what they taught him growing up.

I can name players from FSU who did not need it, but I can also name players that DID need it.

Tim Tebow had a babysitter. His name was Urban Meyer. Those two were absolutely inseparable while he was at UF.

Cute, but not true. Tebow was brought up the right way. He didn’t need anyone to tell him “Now Tim, don’t steal things from stores okay?”

It’s an embarrassment for any school to provide such a service. That includes my school when we’ve done it, and I’m sure we have. Just think about what you are suggesting: A grown man will have a little buddy walking around with him “24/7” making decisions for him. That’s so adorable, Oh My Gaawwwwwd!!!!!!

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At best, the father is making a bad situation worse by opening his trap and saying that his full grown son needs someone to tuck him in at night. That is what you’re saying right?

At worst, the dad is part of the problem and I’m a firm believer that the apple doesn’t fall very far from the tree in most cases. One fuck-up, okay. Chalk it up to youth. A r*pe accusation ( and the word accusation is shaky as you know thanks to TPD....) AND a middle-of-the-day, in your face theft and you kind of have to look at the parents and upbringing to get the whole story of why this kid is so fucked-up. Maybe you should open your mind to that possibility.

The 1st paragraph I can agree with, but you are automatically assuming things that cannot be shown. That is my only problem.

Also was not a mid-day theft. It was a 10pm theft. Just stating the facts and nothing more. His actions were his own and he must take the responsibility.

The BB Gun thing is no big deal to me because I STILL at almost 43 yrs old have Paintball gun fights between a couple of friends and myself. Drive bys and all.

The soda thing made me laugh. How in the hell do you steal soda in a ketchup thing? Stupid decision.

The two things I will fault him for is the theft and accusation(Putting himself in that position in the first place), but again you cannot lay the blame solely at the parents feet without knowing what they actually taught him while growing up. Obviously they taught him hard work or he would not be the football player, baseball player, and student that he is. You cannot always put everything on the parents. Eventually even if a parent makes a comment like this you have to look at the kid and not the parents.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cute, but not true. Tebow was brought up the right way. He didn’t need anyone to tell him “Now Tim, don’t steal things from stores okay?”

It’s an embarrassment for any school to provide such a service. That includes my school when we’ve done it, and I’m sure we have. Just think about what you are suggesting: A grown man will have a little buddy walking around with him “24/7” making decisions for him. That’s so adorable, Oh My Gaawwwwwd!!!!!!

Are you telling me that those two were not always together? I guess it also depends upon what you think raising someone the right way is. To me Tim was sheltered beyond belief. He also was going to school EXTREMELY close to his family who had the means to support him in any way he needed. I was living in Jax at the time of the Tebow era and drove past their home in St. Augustine many times on my way to the golf course. He came from a VERY financially sound family.

Jameis not so much.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st paragraph I can agree with, but you are automatically assuming things that cannot be shown. That is my only problem.

Also was not a mid-day theft. It was a 10pm theft. Just stating the facts and nothing more. His actions were his own and he must take the responsibility.

The BB Gun thing is no big deal to me because I STILL at almost 43 yrs old have Paintball gun fights between a couple of friends and myself. Drive bys and all.

The soda thing made me laugh. How in the hell do you steal soda in a ketchup thing? Stupid decision.

The two things I will fault him for is the theft and accusation(Putting himself in that position in the first place), but again you cannot lay the blame solely at the parents feet without knowing what they actually taught him while growing up. Obviously they taught him hard work or he would not be the football player, baseball player, and student that he is. You cannot always put everything on the parents. Eventually even if a parent makes a comment like this you have to look at the kid and not the parents.

My point is the father made an absolute fool out of himself when he shrugged off some of the responsibility and made it sound like the school should have been babysitting his Man-Child son. that’s a fucking horrible copout that your father or my father would never have done.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you telling me that those two were not always together? I guess it also depends upon what you think raising someone the right way is. To me Tim was sheltered beyond belief. He also was going to school EXTREMELY close to his family who had the means to support him in any way he needed. I was living in Jax at the time of the Tebow era and drove past their home in St. Augustine many times on my way to the golf course. He came from a VERY financially sound family.

Jameis not so much.

So.

God I hate the fucking “ he came from an underprivileged family” cop-out bullshit.

Did Bo Jackson need a handler?????? Did Hershel Walker????? The last time I checked they didn’t exactly come from privilege. But what they DID have was a proper upbringing. They carried themselves like upstanding ADULTS from the time they stepped on campus. I had nothing but respect for those two gentlemen and they both played for hated rivals. So please let’s not go into the poor black kid shit. It’s a cop-out piece of crap. Look at the opposite side of the coin. How many spoiled rich white kids do you know? My town is paved with them. It’s not about money or privilege. It’s about parenting and family. Jameis Winston’s family upbringing is being exposed layer by layer. You can pull out all the straw man arguments you want, but the fact remains that we have a young man circling the drain somewhat, and one MUST look at the parents at some point. Will you not consider that?

As far as Tebow, it’s laughable if you think UMeyer was guiding him around keeping him out of trouble. Puulllllezze! Of all the things folks like to call Tebow, I don’t think thief or rapist are on the list.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up next. Winston's daddy holds a press conference where he announces he going to use some of the money FSU paid them to commit to them to rent some security for his son.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez had one, when he was a pro.

Winston is not a pro. What Winston needs is friends, a girlfriend maybe. He doesn't need a handler unless his family has money and can pay for it. Demanding the university provide a "handler" is ridiculous and just screams I'm an ignorant ass mofo. His dad seems to already be thinking celeberty reminding us that Winston is the heisman winner. What a pompess ass.

I'm sure he is looking to manziel and the celeberty he had but he forgets manziels family had money and JFF could afford to project that life so again, Winston's dad is one ignorant sob.

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez had one, when he was a pro.

Winston is not a pro. What Winston needs is friends, a girlfriend maybe. He doesn't need a handler unless his family has money and can pay for it. Demanding the university provide a "handler" is ridiculous and just screams I'm an ignorant ass mofo. His dad seems to already be thinking celeberty reminding us that Winston is the heisman winner. What a pompess ass.

I'm sure he is looking to manziel and the celeberty he had but he forgets manziels family had money and JFF could afford to project that life so again, Winston's dad is one ignorant sob.

The bold I can agree with.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.

God I hate the fucking “ he came from an underprivileged family” cop-out bullshit.

Did Bo Jackson need a handler?????? Did Hershel Walker????? The last time I checked they didn’t exactly come from privilege. But what they DID have was a proper upbringing. They carried themselves like upstanding ADULTS from the time they stepped on campus. I had nothing but respect for those two gentlemen and they both played for hated rivals. So please let’s not go into the poor black kid shit. It’s a cop-out piece of crap. Look at the opposite side of the coin. How many spoiled rich white kids do you know? My town is paved with them. It’s not about money or privilege. It’s about parenting and family. Jameis Winston’s family upbringing is being exposed layer by layer. You can pull out all the straw man arguments you want, but the fact remains that we have a young man circling the drain somewhat, and one MUST look at the parents at some point. Will you not consider that?

As far as Tebow, it’s laughable if you think UMeyer was guiding him around keeping him out of trouble. Puulllllezze! Of all the things folks like to call Tebow, I don’t think thief or rapist are on the list.

And you are assuming that Winston's parents did NOT raise him with a "proper upbringing" when you have no idea if they did. For the 5th time you can teach your kids the proper things, but it is up to them to use them.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually surprised that FSU doesn't already have this in place for Winston to begin with.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are assuming that Winston's parents did NOT raise him with a "proper upbringing" when you have no idea if they did. For the 5th time you can teach your kids the proper things, but it is up to them to use them.

And for the 6th time, the father should be absolutely ashamed of himself for going public with the most ridiculous statement and INDICTMENT of his own horrible parenting skills. We all know kids can go astray from their teachings, but I bet you more often than not they don’t, at least not to the degree this thug quarterback has. You’re right, all we have to go on is what we see: you know, accused and probably covered up r*pe, admitted and flat out in-your-face theft, etc. Empirically, I think I have you on this one. Show me the evidence refuting Mr. Winston’s shitty parenting skills. And don’t use A) his son’s college scholarship, B) Heisman Trophy. Neither of those had anything to do with good parenting. Good arm and good athleticism maybe, but not good parenting.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the 6th time, the father should be absolutely ashamed of himself for going public with the most ridiculous statement and INDICTMENT of his own horrible parenting skills. We all know kids can go astray from their teachings, but I bet you more often than not they don’t, at least not to the degree this thug quarterback has. You’re right, all we have to go on is what we see: you know, accused and probably covered up r*pe, admitted and flat out in-your-face theft, etc. Empirically, I think I have you on this one. Show me the evidence refuting Mr. Winston’s shitty parenting skills. And don’t use A) his son’s college scholarship, B) Heisman Trophy. Neither of those had anything to do with good parenting. Good arm and good athleticism maybe, but not good parenting.

Now, it was an accident. He just forgot to pay. Even the video shows he forgot.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You made the assertion and should back it up. Instead you have nothing to show that Mr. Winston did not instill anything in Jameis. Only your speculative suspicions which have no basis. Which are not facts.

Kids often do go astray. Maybe not like Jameis, but most do.

Theft yes he did. r*pe only speculation. Cannot state anything else other than that. Also cannot blame HIM for what someone did. If anything at all. I have no clue and neither do you. Just your opinion which again means little. Just like mine. So no empirically you have me on nothing except in YOUR OPINION!

Lastly you have not stated 6 times he should be ashamed. YOu have state multiple times that his father and I am quoting is a "Loser and Bad Parent". With which is only your opinion again. Nothing empirical to show otherwise. That is unless you physically have gone to Hueytown, AL and spoken with EVERYONE that has ever been associated with the Winston Family. Then you would have empirical evidence. The sad thing is that even with all of this stupid shit pulled by Jameis not a SINGLE person has come out and said I am not suprised his parents did not teach him very well. The opposite has been said by people who know the family. Again as you said earlier Jameis is a Man and should act like one. Which I agreed with. Going on about his father who also blames HIMSELF is just counterproductive to me because YOU are getting all worked up over someone you have never met and do not know.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made the assertion and should back it up. Instead you have nothing to show that Mr. Winston did not instill anything in Jameis. Only your speculative suspicions which have no basis. Which are not facts.

Theft yes he did. r*pe only speculation. Cannot state anything else other than that. Also cannot blame HIM for what someone did. If anything at all. I have no clue and neither do you. Just your opinion which again means little. Just like mine. So no empirically you have me on nothing except in YOUR OPINION!

Lastly you have not stated 6 times he should be ashamed. YOu have state multiple times that his father and I am quoting is a "Loser and Bad Parent". With which is only your opinion again. Nothing empirical to show otherwise. That is unless you physically have gone to Hueytown, AL and spoken with EVERYONE that has ever been associated with the Winston Family. Then you would have empirical evidence. The sad thing is that even with all of this stupid shit pulled by Jameis not a SINGLE person has come out and said I am not suprised his parents did not teach him very well. The opposite has been said by people who know the family. Again as you said earlier Jameis is a Man and should act like one. Which I agreed with. Going on about his father who also blames HIMSELF is just counterproductive to me because YOU are getting all worked up over someone you have never met and do not know.

His father’s flippant statement to the press shrugging the responsibility from his shoulders onto the School, Boosters, whoever-the-hell is gonna “babysit” his baby boy is all I need to know about his father.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Empirically, the man-child has displayed nothing in the last year and a half that would say he is the product of a good upbringing. Please produce evidence otherwise.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good parents continue to parent their kids even when they repeatedly go astray....shitty parents blame outside forces and demand babysitters to make up for their parenting mistakes. I know some stupid people get accepted into fsu but even you should be able to connect to dots of Swamphumpy's argument fsumanager.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good parents continue to parent their kids even when they repeatedly go astray....shitty parents blame outside forces and demand babysitters to make up for their parenting mistakes. I know some stupid people get accepted into fsu but even you should be able to connect to dots of Swamphumpy's argument fsumanager.

Thank you.

Its a very simple point I’ve been trying to make but he refuses to see.

Good Parent = Take FULL responsibility for the kid’s actions, pull the kid out of school, circle the wagons and bust the kid back to the basics until his behavior changes.

Bad Parent = Ask for a babysitter.