• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what did his father fail to do?

Aww shucks around what?

His father failed to raise a son with: A) Integrity, B) Honor, C) Humility, D) any shred of Common Sense. It’s really that simple don’t you think? I was waiting patiently for a story like this to bubble to the top, because I knew it was there.

As far as Aww shucks, I think Bobby would have been knee-deep in running excuses for Jameis. He had a helluva knack when it came to playing the innocent dufus-type that just fell off the turnip truck. He had the media eating out of his hands whenever he opened his mouth. Don’t get me wrong, he was endearing and good for some sound bytes, but deadly effective when it came to downplaying “incidents”.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His father failed to raise a son with: A) Integrity, B) Honor, C) Humility, D) any shred of Common Sense. It’s really that simple don’t you think? I was waiting patiently for a story like this to bubble to the top, because I knew it was there.

As far as Aww shucks, I think Bobby would have been knee-deep in running excuses for Jameis. He had a helluva knack when it came to playing the innocent dufus-type that just fell off the turnip truck. He had the media eating out of his hands whenever he opened his mouth. Don’t get me wrong, he was endearing and good for some sound bytes, but deadly effective when it came to downplaying “incidents”.

How do you know what his father and mother taught him? Just because he has made some boneheaded decisions does not mean they did not teach him those things. You may think it does, but it does not. I know people who grew up in VERY good homes who are drug addicts. Just because you teach and tell them things does not guarantee they do those things.

You think? He did not make excuses for A LOT of players even top ones. He also did make some for others. You nor I have no idea what he would or would not do. Only speculation based upon your perception. Which is fine to do, but does not make it legitimate.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know what his father and mother taught him? Just because he has made some boneheaded decisions does not mean they did not teach him those things. You may think it does, but it does not. I know people who grew up in VERY good homes who are drug addicts. Just because you teach and tell them things does not guarantee they do those things.

You think? He did not make excuses for A LOT of players even top ones. He also did make some for others. You nor I have no idea what he would or would not do. Only speculation based upon your perception. Which is fine to do, but does not make it legitimate.

It's not like this is the first incident surrounding Winston. Once, ok he is a college kid. Twice show some concern. But how many times does this guy get to screw up and you guys defend him as "oh it's all good, boys will be boys" before you admit that this kid is a complete idiot. I thought Manziel was an idiot after the signing for cash thing and that is small compared to the situations that Winston has put himself in.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I know about his father is as plain as day. It’s right in the reading material; the dad actually BELIEVES his son, a 21 year old MAN needs a babysitter. If you can’t see the inherent FAULT in this I can’t help you. His father has OBVIOUSLY done a horrible job of raising his child and now wants the State of Florida to bail him out and do the babysitting. The most humorous part is the fact that the dad is obviously worried about his gravy-train ticket to retirement. It’s so painfully obvious......

Let me just put it to you this way: Would your Dad have made such a mind-numbing stupid statement to the press if that were you running around with crab legs hangin out your shorts? I don’t know about your home life, but my Dad would have left me rotting in jail for a few days before bringing me home to a virtual prison for the rest of my days in the house. Just imagine your parents taking the angle this scumbag father did. NO, my parents didn’t need the State to take care of their son. They took care of business early by instilling honesty, integrity, pride and decency in their children, and when we f’d up, they didn’t expect someone else to do their jobs for them.

So I ask you, why should the State of Florida take Jameis Winston, a 21 yr old MAN as a ward of the State in his remaining time at FSU?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I know about his father is as plain as day. It’s right in the reading material; the dad actually BELIEVES his son, a 21 year old MAN needs a babysitter. If you can’t see the inherent FAULT in this I can’t help you. His father has OBVIOUSLY done a horrible job of raising his child and now wants the State of Florida to bail him out and do the babysitting. The most humorous part is the fact that the dad is obviously worried about his gravy-train ticket to retirement. It’s so painfully obvious......

Let me just put it to you this way: Would your Dad have made such a mind-numbing stupid statement to the press if that were you running around with crab legs hangin out your shorts? I don’t know about your home life, but my Dad would have left me rotting in jail for a few days before bringing me home to a virtual prison for the rest of my days in the house. Just imagine your parents taking the angle this scumbag father did. NO, my parents didn’t need the State to take care of their son. They took care of business early by instilling honesty, integrity, pride and decency in their children, and when we f’d up, they didn’t expect someone else to do their jobs for them.

So I ask you, why should the State of Florida take Jameis Winston, a 21 yr old MAN as a ward of the State in his remaining time at FSU?

Reminds me of the story out of Detroit were the mom was pushing for a teacher to be fired because were son was beating the crap out of another student and the teacher (who was like 5 foot tall) grabbed a broom to try and get the two of them apart. Then the kid said she deserved to be fired and that she should have just asked them to stop. Ridiculous

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well let's start with some facts. Jameis is 20 not 21. He just turned 20 on January 6th. Still a man in the eyes of most including myself. But the difference between you and I is you are making a judgement of his father who YOU DO NOT KNOW off of a single solitary statement. Which by the way will not happen and if it does the "taxpayer" will not be footing the bill. The private booster money will. So there goes that.

Now let's look at some other athletes who have had or should have a handler. Dez Bryant anyone? Aaron Hernandez, Cam Newton, Antonio Morrison, and Chris "Die Bitch Die" Rainey should all have had handlers.

I guess the biggest thing that really confuses me is that you think all of these things without knowing anything. Just your own prejudices and suspicions on what his father is like. All without knowing the man or what he did try to instill in Jameis. That to me is completely ignorant.

The old saying goes here. YOu can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. That is what raising a child is like. YOu can do everything in your power to instill the best in them, but you have no guarantee if they turn out well. It is up to them at some point. Some take longer than others to get it.

As far as my father and what he would have done. 1st he probably would have beat me for stealing something. He then would probably have been speaking with the coaching staff on what could be done to curtail my behavior. I.E. Living in a dorm where supervision could be done. He would not have spoken with a reporter, but he would have done whatever he could to see that I was getting back on the right path. I have no idea if his father did those things. And neither do you.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little note.

If you are going to make a thread at least spell it correctly.

Not "Today's Rapies Winston Thread", but Today's Rapeis Winston Thread.

:yahoo:

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's start with some facts. Jameis is 20 not 21. He just turned 20 on January 6th. Still a man in the eyes of most including myself. But the difference between you and I is you are making a judgement of his father who YOU DO NOT KNOW off of a single solitary statement. Which by the way will not happen and if it does the "taxpayer" will not be footing the bill. The private booster money will. So there goes that.

Now let's look at some other athletes who have had or should have a handler. Dez Bryant anyone? Aaron Hernandez, Cam Newton, Antonio Morrison, and Chris "Die Bitch Die" Rainey should all have had handlers.

I guess the biggest thing that really confuses me is that you think all of these things without knowing anything. Just your own prejudices and suspicions on what his father is like. All without knowing the man or what he did try to instill in Jameis. That to me is completely ignorant.

The old saying goes here. YOu can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. That is what raising a child is like. YOu can do everything in your power to instill the best in them, but you have no guarantee if they turn out well. It is up to them at some point. Some take longer than others to get it.

As far as my father and what he would have done. 1st he probably would have beat me for stealing something. He then would probably have been speaking with the coaching staff on what could be done to curtail my behavior. I.E. Living in a dorm where supervision could be done. He would not have spoken with a reporter, but he would have done whatever he could to see that I was getting back on the right path. I have no idea if his father did those things. And neither do you.

I’m sorry but it’s quite obvious the father wants to lay the responsibility on the University and not his son. For God’s sake, dad said “he’s the Heisman Trophy Winner, someone should be with him at all times......”
REALLY????? Did you need someone to be with you at all times? I didn’t. I went to college, paid my dues, studied hard, had fun and stayed the fuck out of trouble. Never once did I need a “handler”. And don’t come back with the bullshit about how Jameis is different, he’s an athlete and is in the spotlight. I call bullshit on that. If he’s a big enough boy to hoist the Heisman, he can babysit himself.

My Father would have pulled my happy-ass out of college and made me give back the Heisman. The very fact that Winston’s father hasn’t pulled his son out of school and taken control of the behavior(s) is beyond me. You say I don’t know anything about the father. Wrong again. His LACK of action to throttle his son starting in the aftermath of the r*pe ”accusation” ( I’m sure there’s a lot of smoldering evidence out there just waiting to come out on that one........ don’t rest thinking that’s gonna go away) to this obvious case of THEFT is appalling. You know what they say, where there’s smoke.......

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sorry but it’s quite obvious the father wants to lay the responsibility on the University and not his son. For God’s sake, dad said “he’s the Heisman Trophy Winner, someone should be with him at all times......”
REALLY????? Did you need someone to be with you at all times? I didn’t. I went to college, paid my dues, studied hard, had fun and stayed the fuck out of trouble. Never once did I need a “handler”. And don’t come back with the bullshit about how Jameis is different, he’s an athlete and is in the spotlight. I call bullshit on that. If he’s a big enough boy to hoist the Heisman, he can babysit himself.

My Father would have pulled my happy-ass out of college and made me give back the Heisman. The very fact that Winston’s father hasn’t pulled his son out of school and taken control of the behavior(s) is beyond me. You say I don’t know anything about the father. Wrong again. His LACK of action to throttle his son starting in the aftermath of the r*pe ”accusation” ( I’m sure there’s a lot of smoldering evidence out there just waiting to come out on that one........ don’t rest thinking that’s gonna go away) to this obvious case of THEFT is appalling. You know what they say, where there’s smoke.......

And the last quote from his father is this. Yet you forgot to mention it OR did not see it.

"It's just a different standard for (Jameis) and Johnny (Manziel)," Winston's father said. "He's just got to endure, just make better decisions and he's just got to endure that."

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the last quote from his father is this. Yet you forgot to mention it OR did not see it.

"It's just a different standard for (Jameis) and Johnny (Manziel)," Winston's father said. "He's just got to endure, just make better decisions and he's just got to endure that."

How does that statement change the fact that he also wants a BABYSITTER for his son?

Dude, just think about that for a second and let it sink in. A grown man with a babysitter.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that statement change the fact that he also wants a BABYSITTER for his son?

Dude, just think about that for a second and let it sink in. A grown man with a babysitter.

And again Dez Bryant had one. Nothing new here. They have been around for decades.

I honestly cannot say what I would be like if in his shoes or someone who is super famous and instantly recognizable. Easy to sit here and say this or that, but until in that position I do not know if my head would be on straight.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again Dez Bryant had one. Nothing new here. They have been around for decades.

I honestly cannot say what I would be like if in his shoes or someone who is super famous and instantly recognizable. Easy to sit here and say this or that, but until in that position I do not know if my head would be on straight.

And everyone and their dog knows that Dez's mom is a piece of shit. Not helping your "Winstons dad isn't a POS" argument by citing Dez or his mom.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I think Dez Bryant, Chris Rainey, etc. are ALL a bunch of overgrown children. That’s all. Jameis is just the latest ridiculous fool who’s making a mockery of adulthood. But hey, I guess we just continue to look the other way.

I still think his Dad is a chump though. You won’t change my mind on that one, regardless of how you try to spin it. A REAL father would have knocked the stupid out of his son long before it ever came to this embarrassing circus. A REAL father wouldn’t lay responsibility for his fool son’s actions on other parties.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like this is the first incident surrounding Winston. Once, ok he is a college kid. Twice show some concern. But how many times does this guy get to screw up and you guys defend him as "oh it's all good, boys will be boys" before you admit that this kid is a complete idiot. I thought Manziel was an idiot after the signing for cash thing and that is small compared to the situations that Winston has put himself in.

Once I watched the video I actually called him a fucking douche. Not defending him at all, but I am defending his father who made a single comment to a reporter.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think Dez Bryant, Chris Rainey, etc. are ALL a bunch of overgrown children. That’s all. Jameis is just the latest ridiculous fool who’s making a mockery of adulthood. But hey, I guess we just continue to look the other way.

I still think his Dad is a chump though. You won’t change my mind on that one, regardless of how you try to spin it. A REAL father would have knocked the stupid out of his son long before it ever came to this embarrassing circus. A REAL father wouldn’t lay responsibility for his fool son’s actions on other parties.

What do you mean look the other way? He fucked up and should bare the responsibility of it.

TO your bold. Yep that always works. SARCASM! And if you read his comment in full and not just focus on the 24/7 thing he said that HE and FSU dropped the ball. Even Stan WIlcox the FSU AD said that they are in contact with Mr. and Mrs. Winston about the services that FSU gives to all students and which ones that Jameis should be taking part in.

I am not trying to change your opinion. Just stating you are basing an entire person off of 1 single comment. Which to me is not very adult like.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gator fans being Gator fans:L

Not so. Did Chris Weinke need a “handler”? How about Tim Tebow, or Hershel Walker, or RGIII? Did those guys need a fucking BABYSITTER to keep them out of trouble?

Bad parenting is bad parenting. It doesn’t have a team loyalty.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And everyone and their dog knows that Dez's mom is a piece of shit. Not helping your "Winstons dad isn't a POS" argument by citing Dez or his mom.

Not saying she wasn't, but Jameis is not beating up his father now is he? Different argument entirely. Was just pointing out that Dez had anger problems and needed a babysitter and other things to get past it.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean look the other way? He fucked up and should bare the responsibility of it.

TO your bold. Yep that always works. SARCASM! And if you read his comment in full and not just focus on the 24/7 thing he said that HE and FSU dropped the ball. Even Stan WIlcox the FSU AD said that they are in contact with Mr. and Mrs. Winston about the services that FSU gives to all students and which ones that Jameis should be taking part in.

I am not trying to change your opinion. Just stating you are basing an entire person off of 1 single comment. Which to me is not very adult like.

At best, the father is making a bad situation worse by opening his trap and saying that his full grown son needs someone to tuck him in at night. That is what you’re saying right?

At worst, the dad is part of the problem and I’m a firm believer that the apple doesn’t fall very far from the tree in most cases. One fuck-up, okay. Chalk it up to youth. A r*pe accusation ( and the word accusation is shaky as you know thanks to TPD....) AND a middle-of-the-day, in your face theft and you kind of have to look at the parents and upbringing to get the whole story of why this kid is so fucked-up. Maybe you should open your mind to that possibility.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so. Did Chris Weinke need a “handler”? How about Tim Tebow, or Hershel Walker, or RGIII? Did those guys need a fucking BABYSITTER to keep them out of trouble?

Bad parenting is bad parenting. It doesn’t have a team loyalty.

The bold is something that you can only opine on. You have nothing to show that his parents were bad parents. Again you cannot tell me what they taught him growing up.

I can name players from FSU who did not need it, but I can also name players that DID need it.

Tim Tebow had a babysitter. His name was Urban Meyer. Those two were absolutely inseparable while he was at UF.