• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I will be surprised if he gets charged and even if that does happen I would expect FSU to use their small print to keep him eligible.

There's no way (unless a witness pops up to say Winston raped her) that the prosecution could get a conviction. Feeling that way FSU would want to keep him active through season and let it play out for next season

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I will be surprised if he gets charged and even if that does happen I would expect FSU to use their small print to keep him eligible.

There's no way (unless a witness pops up to say Winston raped her) that the prosecution could get a conviction. Feeling that way FSU would want to keep him active through season and let it play out for next season

If the bold happens FSU will lose a lot of booster money. Believe that or not, but the boosters will stop donating and they WILL ask for Jimbo Fisher to be relieved of his duties. I have spoken with boosters I know and read some comments of other boosters and they all have said this. BEcause if he is charged he should go through the process before ever setting foot on the football field again for FSU.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are an FSU fan, and you think charges will likely be filed, would you prefer to have them filed sooner rather than later ( as it pertains to the FB team)?? Seems to me if the charges will eventually be filed it may be better for them to do it ASAP. A. So the team can get a few games under its belt without him, B. The later in the season it gets without charges being filed it causes more of a distraction and C. Seems like voters would be more likely to keep FSU were they are at in the polls if they see the team dominate without him. If it doesnt happen til say around the ACC title game I think a lot of them may be inclined to move the Noles down in the their polls since there wouldnt really be a good sample size to see how they perform without him. Thoughts??

No problem with the question. The pollsters will do what they are going to do regardless. Leave him be until he is formally charged which if that happens will happen this week. Wednesday at the latest according to Mr. Meggs. He is quoted as saying he will come to a decision BEFORE Thanksgiving.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the bold happens FSU will lose a lot of booster money. Believe that or not, but the boosters will stop donating and they WILL ask for Jimbo Fisher to be relieved of his duties. I have spoken with boosters I know and read some comments of other boosters and they all have said this. BEcause if he is charged he should go through the process before ever setting foot on the football field again for FSU.

Would be interesting to see that play out because I would place my money that boosters want that NC trophy and Heisman

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing that he should be benched. You asked a question, I answered it. However, to answer your question, I do think there are situations that would warrant a suspension even if none of those things had yet taken place.

Then you are making him guilty before anything has been brought to light. That is my problem with this kind of thinking no matter the player or team. I was all for Greg Dent being suspended AND kicked off the team this Jun when he pulled his stunt. I was all for them kicking Greg Reid off the team for a 2nd misdemeanor arrest for pot. I am not shy about suspending or even kicking someone off the team when they do something wrong. I do however have a problem with doing it when all there is out there are accusations. That is what the Bama fan and I were discussing last night. To each their own though.

By the way I did not think it right for Urban to suspend Hyde either since he was not charged with anything and their was video evidence that he did nothing wrong. Now I understand why he was suspended due to the arrest, but to me he jumped the gun with prosecuting him within the team.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be interesting to see that play out because I would place my money that boosters want that NC trophy and Heisman

Go over to Tomahawk Nation and you will see boosters that go along with if they use the exception clause that they are done donating. Most of the boosters and Alumni understand that the NC and Heisman are not as important. They do not want FSU to look any worse and have more things like Free Shoe U being said by everyone under the sun.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you are making him guilty before anything has been brought to light. That is my problem with this kind of thinking no matter the player or team. I was all for Greg Dent being suspended AND kicked off the team this Jun when he pulled his stunt. I was all for them kicking Greg Reid off the team for a 2nd misdemeanor arrest for pot. I am not shy about suspending or even kicking someone off the team when they do something wrong. I do however have a problem with doing it when all there is out there are accusations. That is what the Bama fan and I were discussing last night. To each their own though.

By the way I did not think it right for Urban to suspend Hyde either since he was not charged with anything and their was video evidence that he did nothing wrong. Now I understand why he was suspended due to the arrest, but to me he jumped the gun with prosecuting him within the team.

Once again, Hyde was never arrested. I posted the link earlier in the thread. He was named in the police report, but never arrested or charged with a crime.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe Hyde was ever arrested.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, Hyde was never arrested. I posted the link earlier in the thread. He was named in the police report, but never arrested or charged with a crime.

That is right. It was the other guy that got arrested and charged. So for Hyde it was the same deal. Person of interest in a physical assault on a woman who accused him of hitting her. I did not agree with that suspension because it tells the player that the coach and team do not believe him. This is my only point. Once arrested or charged then suspend them. Pre-emptive punishment for an accusation is not what I believe in for any player, team, or person in general.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is right. It was the other guy that got arrested and charged. So for Hyde it was the same deal. Person of interest in a physical assault on a woman who accused him of hitting her. I did not agree with that suspension because it tells the player that the coach and team do not believe him. This is my only point. Once arrested or charged then suspend them. Pre-emptive punishment for an accusation is not what I believe in for any player, team, or person in general.

I think it is equally valid for a coach to send a message to the team and to the player that how you comport yourself reflects on the team and university and that doing so poorly puts your status on the football team in jeopardy.

I know there is a division among Buckeye fans about whether Hyde should have been suspended, but I have no problem with it. I know that Urban and the staff have made it abundantly clear to every player in the program that this kind of embarrassment will not be without consequence, even if one is totally "innocent."

As one who was less than thrilled with the hire of Urban at OSU because of the discipline problems he had at Florida, I can say that so far he has surprised me with his reactions to situations like this, including dismissing players from the team for exhibiting poor judgment.

Some things are more important than who wins a football game.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is innocent you should because if they were to follow your advice and sit him for the remainder of whatever it will effect him period. It is not fair to him nor his teammates to do so at this time. It has not been shown that he did anything wrong. So why punish the other 21 players that start?

I hate to break it to you and seeing how this thread has exploded I dont want to pile on, but his actions have already affected his team negatively. If it wasnt for his already admitted actions you and me wouldn't be having this conversation at all and FSU wouldnt be in the news with r*pe allegations attached.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't attend VT. I attended grammar school, middle school, high school, and college in the state of Alabama and have made exceptional grades in doing so. If my edumacational skills suck, then contact the dumbass you probably voted into office and get him to do something about the shitty school systems in the state.

I referred to you as retarded because you made a retarded statement blindly defending some shit when you didn't even know what I was was talking about. I don't think I am the one that needs an interpretation, nor does it take a degree from VT to obtain the reading comprehension skills to deduce the point that I was making which completely soared over your head.

I know exactly what you were saying. You were TRYING to get a point across that if someone is going to blindly accuse Winston then Saban shouldn't of even recruited a guy who had 2 kids entering Alabama. Now this is where you need to take that finger in your avi and plug up your ass so maybe this won't come out the other end but comparing a kid with kids at early age and out of wedlock is NOT r*pe and IS scrutinizing the kid, the coach and the University. Also, there was an obvious cover up or a mighty big coincidence of how things went down because it just so happened to be their star QB up for the Heisman and having FSU's best year in some time. And FSU has done this before. If it is proven FSU covered up they will be in the category of Penn St. NOT SURE THEY WANT THAT!! Sitting the kid is not as idiotic as you propose. :scratch:

You also post a link to an orgy sex tape by TMZ. Yea, no bad intent toward Richardson at all! Thank you, come again, By the way, you still excited about that 35-10 LOSS to Alabama because you shut down their offense? :laugh3:

Originally posted by Camfantasy
Why don't you go back and read what I was responding to before making a retarded statement defending someone I'm not even trying to scrutinize.

As for your education their are tons of Universities in Alabama and some of them(like every state) are just a paper degree. It is also up to the student. Maybe you should listen better! Thank you, come again.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam

I am going to try and make it simpler for you. When these things happen coaches take two positions. One, "he is still on our team and starter until the judicial system plays out. Innocent until proven guilty."

Two, "He is indefinitely suspended until the judicial system plays out or we know more."

Lots of time it depends on the crime and the amount of evidence. There sure seems to be a ton here. A cover up after the girl went straight to the hospital, DNA matches and she named Winston. However, no true investigation until now, which might be too late. Remember the 4 Auburn kids who robbed the students? They were all kicked off from the beginning. If you do it the other way, and hide behind,
"the every person is innocent until proven guilty" argument, every damn kid would play until it finally went to court and they are in the NFL. However, there was enough evidence for a reasonable assumption of guilt. Maybe you're getting stuck on the word reasonable since you don't seem to exercise it much!

Each decision shows a persons character and what makes them tick. We know where you stand! :nod:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he gets off. WAY too hard now to tell, it is becoming a he said she said, and the victims actions leading up to 11 months later is super odd.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he gets off. WAY too hard now to tell, it is becoming a he said she said, and the victims actions leading up to 11 months later is super odd.

My guess is the quicker the SA makes a decision the better it is for Winston. But, going by what we know to be the facts and not conjecture or maybes, right now I think it is hard for him not to press charges at least. That doesnt mean I think he is guilty either because I admittedly have no idea and no one else does besides him and her. Thus why I think it would be football smart for FSU to start someone else for the time being as a contingency if nothing else.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know exactly what you were saying. You were TRYING to get a point across that if someone is going to blindly accuse Winston then Saban shouldn't of even recruited a guy who had 2 kids entering Alabama. Now this is where you need to take that finger in your avi and plug up your ass so maybe this won't come out the other end but comparing a kid with kids at early age and out of wedlock is NOT r*pe and IS scrutinizing the kid, the coach and the University. Also, there was an obvious cover up or a mighty big coincidence of how things went down because it just so happened to be their star QB up for the Heisman and having FSU's best year in some time. And FSU has done this before. If it is proven FSU covered up they will be in the category of Penn St. NOT SURE THEY WANT THAT!! Sitting the kid is not as idiotic as you propose. :scratch:

You also post a link to an orgy sex tape by TMZ. Yea, no bad intent toward Richardson at all! Thank you, come again, By the way, you still excited about that 35-10 LOSS to Alabama because you shut down their offense? :laugh3:

As for your education their are tons of Universities in Alabama and some of them(like every state) are just a paper degree. It is also up to the student. Maybe you should listen better! Thank you, come again.

Cam

I am going to try and make it simpler for you. When these things happen coaches take two positions. One, "he is still on our team and starter until the judicial system plays out. Innocent until proven guilty."

Two, "He is indefinitely suspended until the judicial system plays out or we know more."

Lots of time it depends on the crime and the amount of evidence. There sure seems to be a ton here. A cover up after the girl went straight to the hospital, DNA matches and she named Winston. However, no true investigation until now, which might be too late. Remember the 4 Auburn kids who robbed the students? They were all kicked off from the beginning. If you do it the other way, and hide behind,
"the every person is innocent until proven guilty" argument, every damn kid would play until it finally went to court and they are in the NFL. However, there was enough evidence for a reasonable assumption of guilt. Maybe you're getting stuck on the word reasonable since you don't seem to exercise it much!

Each decision shows a persons character and what makes them tick. We know where you stand! :nod:

MillerDanceDidntRead.gif

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to break it to you and seeing how this thread has exploded I dont want to pile on, but his actions have already affected his team negatively. If it wasnt for his already admitted actions you and me wouldn't be having this conversation at all and FSU wouldnt be in the news with r*pe allegations attached.

They have impacted the team negatively? Please explain how? There has been zero drop off in production from either the offense or defense. The players when you watch them on the sideline like I do are not shying away from him in any way. They are standing right with him talking and joking around. They are not being affected in any way. They are not being interviewed by the media about this. They are not having questions posed about them in the media. So how exactly are they being impacted negatively?

I do not care if the thread has blown up. I am talking with you directly.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have impacted the team negatively? Please explain how? There has been zero drop off in production from either the offense or defense. The players when you watch them on the sideline like I do are not shying away from him in any way. They are standing right with him talking and joking around. They are not being affected in any way. They are not being interviewed by the media about this. They are not having questions posed about them in the media. So how exactly are they being impacted negatively?

I do not care if the thread has blown up. I am talking with you directly.

FSU has slipped. My computer predicted they would score 85 today and you only got 80.

Your defense did pick up some of the slack, but not all of it. As Idaho was predicted to score 16, but only got 14.

Disappointing really.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TO the bold do you have any proof to substantiate that assertion? Also at the time of the incident and up until August 29th 2013 Jameis Winston was not even a starter. That day in August is when he was named the starter. Kind of hard to "cover up" for a Heisman frontrunner when he had never even taken a snap in a game. Hell not even the spring game.

TO the underlined. Let me guess you mean Peter Warrick? Let me explain something to you since obviously you do not actually know what happened. Peter Warrick, Lavernious Coles, and the store clerk who gave the discounts were all charged with a 3rd degree felony initially because the discounts came up to $400.00. Warrick was suspended immediately after it happened for two games until the SA decided to lower the charge to a misdemeanor. SO where exactly is the cover up.

ANd before you cast stones at FSU I think you need to remember two names DJ Fluker and Trent Richardson. One has stated publicly that he was paid at Alabama, but there has been no investigation. Is that a cover up? And how did Trent's mother obtain the funds for that damn nice house? Was that a cover up. Please come down off your high horse because we can all play this game of point the finger with no actual proof to back up an assertion.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU has slipped. My computer predicted they would score 85 today and you only got 80.

Your defense did pick up some of the slack, but not all of it. As Idaho was predicted to score 16, but only got 14.

Disappointing really.

:lol:

Got it.