• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he as touted as winston. My guess is no.

Nobody was as touted, but that means jack shit really at FSU. Do you know how many top notch 5 star recruits we have had who turned out to be utter shit? A LOT! Now we have had more than our share of 3 star recruits who turned out to be great(Bjorn Werner, Tank Carridine). I nor anyone should come to a conclusion based on a recruiting rank. Let the guy play a game with the full first string before declaring anything is all I am saying.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't seem to be how people think around here.

Everyone seems to think because tOSU lost to the SEC in 10 random games spread out over 40 years with different players and different coaches that they will automatically lose if they played the SEC again this year.

Last years team seems a lot closer to this years team than that.

If by the bold you mean FSu it is a completely different team than last year. On both sides of the ball. The offensive play calling is actually more than what was ever run under EJ. The defense is completely different with more guys moving positions. Same can be said with the offense. We now have 8 guys playing on offense who see meaningful minutes that were defense.

If by that you mean the OSU team. Yes you guys are basically the same as last year.

I cannot help what SEC guys do or say. Every year is a different team and has a different attitude.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should bench him immediately if he still is thinking about the NCG. If he doesnt and he is suspended later I see no way they make it into the NCG, even if he limits his snaps.

That's just the football part too, I would say on moral principle he should be benched the rest of the season right now with what we know.

We do not know a hole hell of a lot. So hard to bench him on what is out there. Jimbo is going along the FSU guidelines like he has with ALL players that have gotten in trouble. If he is charged he will be indefinitely suspended immediately. Until then he is playing him. Which is what every coach would do including Saban.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do not know a hole hell of a lot. So hard to bench him on what is out there. Jimbo is going along the FSU guidelines like he has with ALL players that have gotten in trouble. If he is charged he will be indefinitely suspended immediately. Until then he is playing him. Which is what every coach would do including Saban.

I agree with not benching/suspending him until he is formally charged. Being a suspect is not a crime. However, I can see making sure that his backup is properly prepared in case he is unexpectedly needed.

IF we were to play in the championship and IF FSU were to be our opponent, I would rather face them at full strength than without their starter. If we're good enough, we win either way. If we don't, FSU was the better team and deserved it.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I tell you, doing so not only compromises your chances at the NCG but will hurt FSU's image even more.

I assure you if this was Alabama's qb I would be saying the same thing. Somethings are more important than football, and I dont say that too often.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do know he has been accused of sexual assault.

We do know there is DNA evidence.

That would be enough for me to bench him and then if no charges are filed or more evidence to support his innocence comes to light bring him back then. Not doing so hurts college football and FSU.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again. Had the Tallahassee police done their job and investigated the incident last year, when it happened, all of this would have been settled by now.

But instead, someone, apparently decided to cover it up, or do a favor for the football program, or avoid bad publicity, or some other dumb reason. So now, you have the perfect setup for a big time scandal.

The irony is that all of the publicity surrounding the possible Heisman candidacy for Winston probably ended up his downfall. Had he simply been a second stringer, no one would have been interested enough, save the victim's family, to keep digging. But now you have a national celebrity, and folks like TMZ and other celebrity hounds have the opportunity to sell advertising by making headlines.

It's never the crime, but the cover up that kills you.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do know he has been accused of sexual assault.

We do know there is DNA evidence.

That would be enough for me to bench him and then if no charges are filed or more evidence to support his innocence comes to light bring him back then. Not doing so hurts college football and FSU.

We know that someone has somebody's DNA. As far as I can tell, no one has definitively matched the DNA to Winston. Being accused doesn't make you guilty (even though he may be). IF there is definitive proof, then he needs to be charged immediately. If we don't wait for evidence, then before every game lets send a young co-ed to the opposing teams campus, and have her scream r*pe at the top of her lungs.

If he's guilty, punish him to full extent of the law. But don't convict him before the story unfolds.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that someone has somebody's DNA. As far as I can tell, no one has definitively matched the DNA to Winston. Being accused doesn't make you guilty (even though he may be). IF there is definitive proof, then he needs to be charged immediately. If we don't wait for evidence, then before every game lets send a young co-ed to the opposing teams campus, and have her scream r*pe at the top of her lungs.

If he's guilty, punish him to full extent of the law. But don't convict him before the story unfolds.

We're not talking about sending the guy to prison without a trial, we are talking about benching him in a football game. And by the way this case has gone you could send the co-ed over and even a year later they still wouldnt be suspended.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought ESPN said last night that the DNA was a match and did connect Winston to the girl.

Did that change?

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not talking about sending the guy to prison without a trial, we are talking about benching him in a football game. And by the way this case has gone you could send the co-ed over and even a year later they still wouldnt be suspended.

Now, if you want to go ahead and fry the TPD, I have no problem with that. I agree it has been handled atrociously. If it had been investigated as it should have been, then this wouldn't have been an issue. If he is guilty, he wouldn't have had a team to be benched from, if he was innocent, then it would be over by now.

But suspending him is tantamount to expressing guilt, or at the very least, it shines a negative light on the player's character that his team didn't believe in him enough to believe him innocent until proven guilty.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought ESPN said last night that the DNA was a match and did connect Winston to the girl.

Did that change?

IF so, I hadn't heard that. The last I heard was that Winston had not given any DNA for them to test against.
If it has been linked to him, why has he not been charged? (Not arguing, but asking a question)

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did that change?

They did. Now his attorney is claiming it was consensual and they knew all along it would match.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston's attorney, Tim Jansen, said Thursday that he is not surprised that his client's DNA is a match, answering "absolutely" when asked whether the quarterback had consensual sex with the woman.

"We are not surprised with the results of the DNA," he said, according to USA Today. "We voluntarily submitted to a DNA. The only thing we are surprised by is it was leaked out by law enforcement. The question the people should ask is, why is it being leaked? For what purpose?" ESPN

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Urban sat Hyde for 3 games and he was never charged.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that someone has somebody's DNA. As far as I can tell, no one has definitively matched the DNA to Winston.

The DNA HAS been definitively matched to Winston.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston's attorney, Tim Jansen, said Thursday that he is not surprised that his client's DNA is a match, answering "absolutely" when asked whether the quarterback had consensual sex with the woman.

"We are not surprised with the results of the DNA," he said, according to USA Today. "We voluntarily submitted to a DNA. The only thing we are surprised by is it was leaked out by law enforcement. The question the people should ask is, why is it being leaked? For what purpose?" ESPN

It's funny how that becomes the story after the DNA is a match.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban sat Hyde for 3 games and he was never charged.
Ok. Was he following the rules the tOSU has? Are the university rules tOSU different than at FSU? That is the question I pose to you.

And by the way I never said a word about Hyde and his "issue". I wait until all the facts come out before passing judgment.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how that becomes the story after the DNA is a match.

We know very little. Hard to say if that was not their stance all along. Remember TPD is the one who screwed this thing up from the beginning.

Jumping to assumptions just makes an ass out of you or anyone else how is jumping conclusion either way. That goes for FSU fans as well.