• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the TPD handled this quite literally pisses me off, if for no other reason than it reinforces every negative stereotype of the culture of football in the south. I'd like to beat them with my mom's oversized Roll Tide! purse.

Princess-bride-image.jpg

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean a QB not on the team. Not a QB who is not Winston. That QB is up in Buffalo right now. Not in Tallahassee.

The reason that I brought up the CCG is because yes they could not play for it. Yet you are trying to diminish FSU and what they were able to and DID win.

What was the entire point of your post anyways? How does EJ Manuel have anything to do with this team since he is not part of it any longer?

Are you really this slow.

Your team with another QB that wasn't winston lost to an unranked team. I know its last year but its still a lot of the same players.

Its mainly to point out the potential of what your team could be without your new QB Star.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your team with another QB that wasn't winston lost to an unranked team. I know its last year but its still a lot of the same players.

Its mainly to point out the potential of what your team could be without your new QB Star.

FSU had the most players of any team drafted to the NFL last year, with 11 players.

Not sure how it's the same team.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason that I brought up the CCG is because yes they could not play for it. Yet you are trying to diminish FSU and what they were able to and DID win.

I wasn't trying to dimish your season I was trying to tell to give you an idea of what your team might be like without Winston.

You then got all rustled and brought OSU into it which had nothing to do with anything being discussed.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I am not slow. YOur point means nothing for many reasons. here I will list a few.

1. Last year we were playing 2 OTs that were playing their FIRST time ever on the OL. Menelik Watson and Cameron Erving. This year we are playing Cameron Erving and Bobby Hart(who had to start many games his freshman year at the age of 17 due to injuries).

2. The play calling this year even with the backups is the same as with the 1st string guys. This was not done last year. When you saw Clint Trickett in the game we ran the ball most of the time.

3. Last year Jameis was sitting the bench for a Redshirt. He ran the scout teams with Sean Maguire. He had not effect on what the team did last year.

4. The NC State loss was due to piss poor play calling when we got a lead. Playing to protect a lead instead of winning. This is not the same this year whether it was Sean Maguire or Jacob Coker in relief.

So your point makes no sense because the WRs and RBs are the same on the O, but the FB, and some of the OL are not. THe defense is entirely different. The staff is entirely different(6 new coaches).

So now tell me how you can state for a fact that without Jameis Winston that FSU is going to be so much worse off. YOu can't. It is your personal opinion and speculation. Nothing founded in proof.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU had the most players of any team drafted to the NFL last year, with 11 players.

Not sure how it's the same team.

So all that NFL talent lost to an unranked 7-6 team?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to dimish your season I was trying to tell to give you an idea of what your team might be like without Winston.

You then got all rustled and brought OSU into it which had nothing to do with anything being discussed.

YOu cannot give me an idea since you have never seen Sean Maguire. YOu are guessing at best and grasping at straws at the very worst. I have seen Maguire play.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I am not slow. YOur point means nothing for many reasons. here I will list a few.

1. Last year we were playing 2 OTs that were playing their FIRST time ever on the OL. Menelik Watson and Cameron Erving. This year we are playing Cameron Erving and Bobby Hart(who had to start many games his freshman year at the age of 17 due to injuries).

2. The play calling this year even with the backups is the same as with the 1st string guys. This was not done last year. When you saw Clint Trickett in the game we ran the ball most of the time.

3. Last year Jameis was sitting the bench for a Redshirt. He ran the scout teams with Sean Maguire. He had not effect on what the team did last year.

4. The NC State loss was due to piss poor play calling when we got a lead. Playing to protect a lead instead of winning. This is not the same this year whether it was Sean Maguire or Jacob Coker in relief.

So your point makes no sense because the WRs and RBs are the same on the O, but the FB, and some of the OL are not. THe defense is entirely different. The staff is entirely different(6 new coaches).

So now tell me how you can state for a fact that without Jameis Winston that FSU is going to be so much worse off. YOu can't. It is your personal opinion and speculation. Nothing founded in proof.

Like, I said, just telling you what happened.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is its up to the voters. They can do whatever they want for whatever reason they want.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only solution is to bench him immediately and see how they perform from here on out, even if their remaining schedule is weak.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like, I said, just telling you what happened.

I know what happened and it has NO BEARING on how this season plays out. With or without Winston. Is it that difficult to grasp this concept?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only solution is to bench him immediately and see how they perform from here on out, even if their remaining schedule is weak.

I am assuming that we will see Sean Maguire a lot on Saturday. I cannot find any practice reports that show who is taking the majority of the 1st team snaps. But I do not think that JImbo will straight out bench him. I could see him playing the 1st quarter and then letting Maguire play the rest of the game. Just in case.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am assuming that we will see Sean Maguire a lot on Saturday. I cannot find any practice reports that show who is taking the majority of the 1st team snaps. But I do not think that JImbo will straight out bench him. I could see him playing the 1st quarter and then letting Maguire play the rest of the game. Just in case.

It's against Idaho, shouldn't that be a given no matter what?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOu cannot give me an idea since you have never seen Sean Maguire. YOu are guessing at best and grasping at straws at the very worst. I have seen Maguire play.

Was he as touted as winston. My guess is no.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what happened and it has NO BEARING on how this season plays out. With or without Winston. Is it that difficult to grasp this concept?

That doesn't seem to be how people think around here.

Everyone seems to think because tOSU lost to the SEC in 10 random games spread out over 40 years with different players and different coaches that they will automatically lose if they played the SEC again this year.

Last years team seems a lot closer to this years team than that.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He should bench him immediately if he still is thinking about the NCG. If he doesnt and he is suspended later I see no way they make it into the NCG, even if he limits his snaps.

That's just the football part too, I would say on moral principle he should be benched the rest of the season right now with what we know.

Last edited by a moderator: