• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I wasn't asked what my opinion of how swell of a guy Winston is. I too think he's a moron.

And Clarett may not have won the Heisman, but he was about as high-profile of an athlete as they get in college sports...

Did MC play for Ohio State again after the 2002 season? Come on, you know the answer to that question. Now look at Winston, since he got to FSU in 2012 hasn't it been...something about windows being shot out w/ a bb gun, the r*pe thing, the crab legs & his latest issue. Did I leave anything out? And of course Jameis is still playing for the Noles.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, and that's okay... I'm not going to attempt to argue degrees or what have you. Just that Winston ain't the first high-profile D1 college football player to make a string of really stupid decisions...

I don't recall anyone saying there haven't been others.

I also don't think that there being others is a valid excuse. In fact its a pretty stupid one.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall anyone saying there haven't been others.

I also don't think that there being others is a valid excuse. In fact its a pretty stupid one.

What in the HELL are you talking about? YOU were the one who asked me and CHALLENGED me to find another!!!

The Authority said:
Can you name another college athlete who has looked as stupid as Winston has and as many times ?

Now I have to go back and explain to the person that asked me the question why I gave the answer?

Come the hell on!!! :omg:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the HELL are you talking about? YOU were the one who asked me and CHALLENGED me to find another!!!

Now I have to go back and explain to the person that asked me the question why I gave the answer?

Come the hell on!!! :omg:

I asked for another Heisman Trophy winner that was caught being a thief while still playing. READ!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did MC play for Ohio State again after the 2002 season? Come on, you know the answer to that question. Now look at Winston, since he got to FSU in 2012 hasn't it been...something about windows being shot out w/ a bb gun, the r*pe thing, the crab legs & his latest issue. Did I leave anything out? And of course Jameis is still playing for the Noles.

And how many crimes has Winston been charged with?

Answer: 1

Petty theft.

I understand that the track record looks a heck of a lot worse when you add up the list of incidents and such, but unless you actually charge him with r*pe and do a suspension pending trial, what incident should Winston be removed from the team over?

All the angst and hatred is over the r*pe accusation which never went anywhere. We can argue until the cows come home why that is, but the fact remains...

Now I ask you. How many kids are going to line up to play for a school that kicks kids off the team who AREN'T FOUND GUILTY OF ANYTHING? Do you see the double-edged sword? In this day and age of police mistrust, a black kid is going to go to a school that pulls scholarships from athletes who are not found guilty of a crime (Or in this case, AREN'T EVEN CHARGED WITH ONE)?

I mean think about that for a moment. I know how big of a jackass Winston has been, but there's a lot that goes into a decision to boot somebody off the team....

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked for another Heisman Trophy winner that was caught being a thief while still playing. READ!

I did read. AND I quoted you word for word. That is NOT what you asked.

One more time:

The Authority said:
Can you name another college athlete who has looked as stupid as Winston has and as many times ?

Or did your sister hack your account or something?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many crimes has Winston been charged with?

Answer: 1

Petty theft.

I understand that the track record looks a heck of a lot worse when you add up the list of incidents and such, but unless you actually charge him with r*pe and do a suspension pending trial, what incident should Winston be removed from the team over?

All the angst and hatred is over the r*pe accusation which never went anywhere. We can argue until the cows come home why that is, but the fact remains...

Now I ask you. How many kids are going to line up to play for a school that kicks kids off the team who AREN'T FOUND GUILTY OF ANYTHING? Do you see the double-edged sword? In this day and age of police mistrust, a black kid is going to go to a school that pulls scholarships from athletes who are not found guilty of a crime (Or in this case, AREN'T EVEN CHARGED WITH ONE)?

I mean think about that for a moment. I know how big of a jackass Winston has been, but there's a lot that goes into a decision to boot somebody off the team....

Anyone with a brain would understand why Winston was booted if that were to be the case.

Its pretty easy to tell a kid "Don't be a fucking moron and you will be fine". Do you think kids come into school hoping to be able to do all of the things that Winston has been caught with? I doubt any of them do.

And FTW, he was found guilty of stealing. so not sure why you are saying he wasn't found guilty of "anything".

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did read. AND I quoted you word for word. That is NOT what you asked.

One more time:

Or did your sister hack your account or something?

Anything that MC did after he was dismissed does not count. one could argue that what he did prior to being dismissed wasn't even as stupid as what Winston has done. So try and find another example because that one just proves the point you are trying to argue.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with a brain would understand why Winston was booted if that were to be the case.

Its pretty easy to tell a kid "Don't be a fucking moron and you will be fine". Do you think kids come into school hoping to be able to do all of the things that Winston has been caught with? I doubt any of them do.

And FTW, he was found guilty of stealing. so not sure why you are saying he wasn't found guilty of "anything".

Already asked this but will ask again. Show me other players at high profile universities that have been kicked off the team for a misdemeanor incident (Which is what petty theft is)...

Not trying to be a jerk, but MUCH more often (If not all the time), the kid is retained, unless he's an absolute scrub.... But that is not exclusive to FSU...

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already asked this but will ask again. Show me other players at high profile universities that have been kicked off the team for a misdemeanor incident (Which is what petty theft is)...

Not trying to be a jerk, but MUCH more often (If not all the time), the kid is retained, unless he's an absolute scrub.... But that is not exclusive to FSU...

Charlie Strong seems to have a whole bunch of examples.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything that MC did after he was dismissed does not count. one could argue that what he did prior to being dismissed wasn't even as stupid as what Winston has done. So try and find another example because that one just proves the point you are trying to argue.

I'll bring up Joe Mixon again...

Now I get that he was dismissed, but if you follow the timeline, he was accused of hitting a girl (his girlfriend I believe) ala Ray Rice.... Oklahoma did NOT boot him UNTIL he was formally charged indicted. And Mixon didnt' deny hitting her!!! He said it was "self-defense"...

I know you would like to believe that had Winston been charged that he'd still be on the team, but I sincerely doubt it... Either way, we'll never know that answer, will we?

Either way, you know darn well that there have been plenty of idiots getting in trouble with the law at the college level, so no need for us to continue this game... I don't see how its productive.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Strong seems to have a whole bunch of examples.

Show me.... Give me a link.... Or a player name...

Were these kids first time offenders committing a misdemeanor?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a jerk

BITCH YOU HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT A JERK:lame:

Only to you......

Only to you.

I give what is deserved. You have shown ZERO desire to have a discussion, only to hurl insults and be an all-around douche. While I may not care for the implications that Authority and others make, at least they are discussing it... You seem incapable of such discourse... So anyway, why don't you do something productive like go help Brady Hoke gameplan for Alcorn State or some team you all can actually beat.... :yahoo:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me.... Give me a link.... Or a player name...

Were these kids first time offenders committing a misdemeanor?

Hes dismissed something like 9 kids. Go look it up for yourself.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bring up Joe Mixon again...

Now I get that he was dismissed, but if you follow the timeline, he was accused of hitting a girl (his girlfriend I believe) ala Ray Rice.... Oklahoma did NOT boot him UNTIL he was formally charged indicted. And Mixon didnt' deny hitting her!!! He said it was "self-defense"...

I know you would like to believe that had Winston been charged that he'd still be on the team, but I sincerely doubt it... Either way, we'll never know that answer, will we?

No and thats the biggest crime around his situation is that it didn't go to trial.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes dismissed something like 9 kids. Go look it up for yourself.

Nah, that isnt how this works. You asked for specifics. I gave you specifics.

If you are unwilling to show me the same courtesy, we can stop now. I'm not going to do your research for you.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and thats the biggest crime around his situation is that it didn't go to trial.

As has been mentioned several times already, State Attorney, Willie Meggs, is no friend of FSU. He didnt charge Winston because there wasnt enough there to convict and he knew it.

How? You may ask? Meggs had been down this road before and was embarrassed while trying to convict a player of r*pe. An all female jury came back in less than 30 minutes with an acquittal.

Ill pull your stunt and tell you to, "Look it up.", since I guess thats how we debate now?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been mentioned several times already, State Attorney, Willie Meggs, is no friend of FSU. He didnt charge Winston because there wasnt enough there to convict and he knew it.

How? You may ask? Meggs had been down this road before and was embarrassed while trying to convict a player of r*pe. An all female jury came back in less than 30 minutes with an acquittal.

Not being a friend doesn't mean things couldn't change. There are a million reasons why that excuse doesn't hold water.

There have been r*pe trials over less evidence (such as no DNA).

r*pe can happen without some smoking gun lying around.