• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a big move BUT...

Just pretend for a moment that there was no r*pe allegation...

Would ANY of this stuff be even a deal? Never mind a BIG deal?

No, it'd be brushed off by 95% of fans as, "Just an immature kid doing stupid stuff.".

Now, add the r*pe allegation back in and suddenly he's "Rapeis" and the biggest monster to ever suit up in college football or something.... What gets me (And a lot of fans I'd imagine) is that not only is there an allegation, but people on the outside are assuming that he DID r*pe the girl. Tried and found guilty in the media, even though the legal system didn't find enough to even charge him...

The issue with FSU not doing its due diligence with the Title IX investigation isn't an FSU problem. It has been found that over 50+ universities have been JUST AS LAX on these types of things. The Winston incident is simply the beacon that is finally drawing attention to this fact that A LOT of universities have not been doing their due diligence with r*pe allegations...

Does this clear up the perspective a little? Does it help show that we aren't a bunch of pro-r*pe heathens who want to win at all costs?

Thinking that being a thief isn't a big deal is sad. Let alone you said it wasn't a "deal" at all.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Quit saying "kids will be kids" and put out a STRONG message that this behavior is not acceptable...
not a 1/2 game suspension that got upgraded because of public outcry.

But this type of behavior from football players is "acceptable" at ALL major football universities. As I just said, it is the r*pe allegation that marks Winston as the "Biggest dickhead to ever wear a uniform"... And in order to make that leap, there MUST BE an assumption on yours and others parts that yes, Winston is GUILTY of r*pe... That's quite a nasty leap there...

BamaFanAlways said:
2. Limit Winston's press exposure. He does not HAVE to give speeches or talk with the media. The best thing he can do now is lay low and HOPE things blow over.

10000000% agree... I don't want to hear this kid utter another word...

BamaFanAlways said:
3. Actually INVESTIGATE each issue before reacting. Supporting your player is very understandable, but bending over backwards to accommodate bad behavior is not.

As I've stated, the University not doing its Title IX due diligence isn't an FSU problem. It is an NCAA-wide problem that this issue has shed light on.... So if anyone is looking for a silver lining in all this. Here ya go.

BamaFanAlways said:
Things should have NEVER gotten to this point. All FSU can do now is try to mitigate the damage.

Eh... Again, this all falls on the TPD and whether it did enough... A lot of that is a he said/she said, even more than the r*pe case itself..

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you gonna start that holocaust denial thread?

Yeah Mr. OU..... How's Joe Mixon? You know... The guy that would still be on the team for decking a woman had the police bought his "Self Defense" argument?

And say 'Hi' to Green-Beckham for me, would you? You know... The guy that was booted off Missouri, but ole Stoopsie found it within himself to bring the kid in...... IMMEDIATELY...

Glass houses and all.

As I've said, THIS is what has really torqued me the most in this thread is fans of other schools who have been ANYTHING but saintly in their drive to have a winning team trying to cast dispersion at FSU...

I'm cool with admitting that I'm not proud of my school for how this has all been handled, and look forward to the Jameis-less times in the future. But damn the feeding frenzy from fans of other high-profile D1 schools makes me want to puke...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like Neal Purt or whatever....he likes to say WE a lot when discussing games. Pretty sure he is not on the FSU roster

Already responded tool bag... I will continue to refer to my school and its athletic teams as WE... Now more than ever because it gets under your skin.

I'm SURE that in all your 12 years of existence that you never once referred to the team you root for on the field as we.... As in watching a game and saying, "Man we're really flat today!" or something....

This is just you trying to score points by being a dick. Nothing more, nothing less.. But you succeeded in the second part anyway.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Mr. OU..... How's Joe Mixon? You know... The guy that would still be on the team for decking a woman had the police bought his "Self Defense" argument?

And say 'Hi' to Green-Beckham for me, would you? You know... The guy that was booted off Missouri, but ole Stoopsie found it within himself to bring the kid in...... IMMEDIATELY...

Glass houses and all.

As I've said, THIS is what has really torqued me the most in this thread is fans of other schools who have been ANYTHING but saintly in their drive to have a winning team trying to cast dispersion at FSU...

I'm cool with admitting that I'm not proud of my school for how this has all been handled, and look forward to the Jameis-less times in the future. But damn the feeding frenzy from fans of other high-profile D1 schools makes me want to puke...

Can you name another college athlete who has looked as stupid as Winston has and as many times ?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking that being a thief isn't a big deal is sad. Let alone you said it wasn't a "deal" at all.

It isn't that, its that we could probably make a dictionary-sized list of college athletes who have done things on the "petty theft" level and not been blasted like Winston has....

For this crime, he did his community service, just like any other human guilty of petty theft would have to perform....

People act as though he needed to serve jail time or something, but didn't because he's an athlete. Simply isn't remotely close to how it works...

People act like he needed to be kicked off the football team for it. And I'd simply ask that we find a high profile D1 football school that has done so? (Save maybe BYU... )

Y

Yapp14

Already responded tool bag... I will continue to refer to my school and its athletic teams as WE... Now more than ever because it gets under your skin.

I'm SURE that in all your 12 years of existence that you never once referred to the team you root for on the field as we.... As in watching a game and saying, "Man we're really flat today!" or something....

This is just you trying to score points by being a dick. Nothing more, nothing less.. But you succeeded in the second part anyway.
You are sir are in the HOF for being a WHINEY BITCH

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name another college athlete who has looked as stupid as Winston has and as many times ?

Let's start with this guy... Bet his name might ring a bell..

Clarett's time at Ohio State University was marked by several troubling incidents. He was seen yelling at his position coach during the Northwestern - Ohio State game in the 2002 season. In December 2002, he publicly maligned OSU officials for not paying for him to fly home for the funeral of a friend and accused administrators of lying when they said he had not filed the necessary paperwork. In July 2003, Clarett became the center of an academic scandal when a teaching assistant told the New York Times that Clarett had received preferential treatment from professors (claiming he had not attended any classes during his only year at Ohio St) the investigation did not find sufficient evidence of academic misconduct.

Ohio State later suspended Clarett for the 2003 athletic year after he was charged with filing a false police report. Clarett had filed a false claim that more than $10,000 in clothing, CDs, cash and stereo equipment were stolen from a car he borrowed from a local dealership in September 2003. Athletic Director Andy Geiger stated that Clarett also took in special benefits totaling approximately $29,000, and repeatedly misled investigators. Clarett later pleaded guilty to a lesser criminal charge (failure to aid a law enforcement official) in that incident.

Clarett moved to Los Angeles after his dismissal from Ohio State, and, while living there, sued to be included in the 2004 NFL Draft. He won his case at trial. However, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the decision. Subsequently, Clarett worked with trainers in preparation for the 2005 NFL Combine, hoping to impress for the upcoming draft.[4] It was also in Los Angeles that Clarett's problems with drugs and alcohol began.[5] Clarett has battled depression and alcoholism since as early as 2002...

Robbery conviction[edit]
On January 1, 2006, police announced that they were searching for Clarett in relation to two incidents of armed robbery that took place at 1:46am outside the Opium Lounge danceclub in Columbus. Allegedly, with a .45 caliber handgun, Clarett robbed two people and then escaped in a white SUV with two unidentified persons. Clarett reportedly made off with only a cell phone valued at $150 belonging to one of the victims.[20]

Said Jim Tressel, his former coach at Ohio State, "I hope it's not true, but beyond that, I don't know much, but my reaction is, I was sad."

Clarett turned himself in to police shortly after 9 p.m., EST, on January 2, just as the Buckeyes were defeating Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl in Tempe, Arizona, the very bowl game in which Clarett last played college football. He faced two counts of aggravated robbery. He was later released on $50,000 bond .[21]

On February 10, 2006, Clarett was indicted by a Franklin County grand jury on two counts of aggravated robbery with gun specifications and five other counts. If convicted, he would be sentenced to up to 25 years in prison. His attorneys said that he denied every allegation, saying Clarett "intends to fight this indictment with the same vigor and resolve he displayed in taking OSU to a national championship."[22]

On February 22, 2006, Maurice Clarett pleaded not guilty to aggravated-robbery charges. He was released on $20,000 bail until his trial began.[23]

On July 26, 2006, Clarett fired his lawyers, William Settina and Robert Krapenc, two weeks before his trial date. The privately retained attorneys had filed a motion two days earlier saying they wanted to withdraw their counsel, claiming that Clarett was not paying their fees or cooperating in his defense.[24][25]

At a status hearing held on August 9, 2006 pertaining to the January charges, Franklin County Common Pleas Judge David Fais increased Clarett's bond to $1.1 million.[26] This was due to Clarett's arrest earlier that morning (see below). On August 10, 2006, Fais ordered an additional status hearing which was held on August 11, 2006. This hearing had not been requested by either the prosecution or Clarett's defense team but was requested by Fais himself.[27] At the hearing, Fais delayed the trial until September 18, 2006, revoked the $1.1 million bond in the case and ordered Clarett to undergo a mental health evaluation.[28]

August 2006 arrest[edit]
In the early morning hours of August 9, 2006, Clarett was arrested in Columbus after he made an illegal U-turn and led the police on a chase in a sports utility vehicle reportedly belonging to his uncle. After Clarett drove over a police spike strip, the chase ended in a nearby restaurant parking lot.[29][30]

Police said they were forced to secure a cloth around Clarett's mouth after he allegedly spit at the officers and called them "****ers" during the arrest. According to Columbus Police Sgt. Mike Woods, the officers discovered a katana, a zanbatō, a loaded AK-47 variant and two other loaded handguns in his vehicle along with an open bottle of Grey Goose vodka.[31] The police requested that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives perform a trace on the firearms to determine if Clarett violated Federal gun laws.

The officers used mace to subdue Clarett after attempts to subdue him with a Taser proved ineffective because he was wearing Kevlar body armor.

Clarett was arraigned on the latest charges on August 10, 2006 in Franklin County Municipal Court in Columbus. During the arraignment, Judge Andrea C. Peeples set his bond on the charges of carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and failure to maintain current lane at $5 million. In setting the bond, Peeples agreed with prosecutors that Clarett is now a flight risk or could attempt to intimidate witnesses in his upcoming robbery trial.[32] Clarett remained lodged in the Franklin County Corrections Center, however, as the $1.1 million bond for the robbery charge was revoked by trial judge David Fais. According to a Columbus Dispatch report, Clarett, who was due to be tried for his January arrest, was in the neighborhood of one of the principal witnesses against him at the time the events of August 9 occurred.[citation needed]

On September 18, Clarett filed a guilty plea to the charges in a plea bargain that involved these events as well as the earlier robbery charges. He was sentenced by Judge David Fais to seven and a half years in prison, with the possibility to apply for early release after three and a half years. As part of the plea agreement, the prosecution agreed not to object to early release if and when Clarett applied for it.[33]

On December 14, it was announced that Clarett would be changing prisons to a close-security prison in a single person cell at Toledo Correctional Institution, where he was able to eat with and exercise with other inmates.[citation needed]

Clarett enrolled in a distance-learning program at Ohio University while serving his sentence at the Toledo Correctional Institution, working towards earning a bachelor's degree in Geriatrics and Gerontology.[34]

On April 7, 2010, Judge Fais granted early release to Clarett. Clarett was ordered to enter Maryhaven, a halfway house in Columbus, for up to 6 months.

Y

Yapp14

It isn't that, its that we could probably make a dictionary-sized list of college athletes who have done things on the "petty theft" level and not been blasted like Winston has....

For this crime, he did his community service, just like any other human guilty of petty theft would have to perform....

People act as though he needed to serve jail time or something, but didn't because he's an athlete. Simply isn't remotely close to how it works...

People act like he needed to be kicked off the football team for it. And I'd simply ask that we find a high profile D1 football school that has done so? (Save maybe BYU... )
You are so FUCKING delusional its almost funny if it were not so sad. There is no hope

Y

Yapp14

Clarett's time at Ohio State University was marked by several troubling incidents. He was seen yelling at his position coach during the Northwestern - Ohio State game in the 2002 season. In December 2002, he publicly maligned OSU officials for not paying for him to fly home for the funeral of a friend and accused administrators of lying when they said he had not filed the necessary paperwork. In July 2003, Clarett became the center of an academic scandal when a teaching assistant told the New York Times that Clarett had received preferential treatment from professors (claiming he had not attended any classes during his only year at Ohio St) the investigation did not find sufficient evidence of academic misconduct.

Ohio State later suspended Clarett for the 2003 athletic year after he was charged with filing a false police report. Clarett had filed a false claim that more than $10,000 in clothing, CDs, cash and stereo equipment were stolen from a car he borrowed from a local dealership in September 2003. Athletic Director Andy Geiger stated that Clarett also took in special benefits totaling approximately $29,000, and repeatedly misled investigators. Clarett later pleaded guilty to a lesser criminal charge (failure to aid a law enforcement official) in that incident.

Clarett moved to Los Angeles after his dismissal from Ohio State, and, while living there, sued to be included in the 2004 NFL Draft. He won his case at trial. However, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the decision. Subsequently, Clarett worked with trainers in preparation for the 2005 NFL Combine, hoping to impress for the upcoming draft.[4] It was also in Los Angeles that Clarett's problems with drugs and alcohol began.[5] Clarett has battled depression and alcoholism since as early as 2002...

Robbery conviction[edit]
On January 1, 2006, police announced that they were searching for Clarett in relation to two incidents of armed robbery that took place at 1:46am outside the Opium Lounge danceclub in Columbus. Allegedly, with a .45 caliber handgun, Clarett robbed two people and then escaped in a white SUV with two unidentified persons. Clarett reportedly made off with only a cell phone valued at $150 belonging to one of the victims.[20]

Said Jim Tressel, his former coach at Ohio State, "I hope it's not true, but beyond that, I don't know much, but my reaction is, I was sad."

Clarett turned himself in to police shortly after 9 p.m., EST, on January 2, just as the Buckeyes were defeating Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl in Tempe, Arizona, the very bowl game in which Clarett last played college football. He faced two counts of aggravated robbery. He was later released on $50,000 bond .[21]

On February 10, 2006, Clarett was indicted by a Franklin County grand jury on two counts of aggravated robbery with gun specifications and five other counts. If convicted, he would be sentenced to up to 25 years in prison. His attorneys said that he denied every allegation, saying Clarett "intends to fight this indictment with the same vigor and resolve he displayed in taking OSU to a national championship."[22]

On February 22, 2006, Maurice Clarett pleaded not guilty to aggravated-robbery charges. He was released on $20,000 bail until his trial began.[23]

On July 26, 2006, Clarett fired his lawyers, William Settina and Robert Krapenc, two weeks before his trial date. The privately retained attorneys had filed a motion two days earlier saying they wanted to withdraw their counsel, claiming that Clarett was not paying their fees or cooperating in his defense.[24][25]

At a status hearing held on August 9, 2006 pertaining to the January charges, Franklin County Common Pleas Judge David Fais increased Clarett's bond to $1.1 million.[26] This was due to Clarett's arrest earlier that morning (see below). On August 10, 2006, Fais ordered an additional status hearing which was held on August 11, 2006. This hearing had not been requested by either the prosecution or Clarett's defense team but was requested by Fais himself.[27] At the hearing, Fais delayed the trial until September 18, 2006, revoked the $1.1 million bond in the case and ordered Clarett to undergo a mental health evaluation.[28]

August 2006 arrest[edit]
In the early morning hours of August 9, 2006, Clarett was arrested in Columbus after he made an illegal U-turn and led the police on a chase in a sports utility vehicle reportedly belonging to his uncle. After Clarett drove over a police spike strip, the chase ended in a nearby restaurant parking lot.[29][30]

Police said they were forced to secure a cloth around Clarett's mouth after he allegedly spit at the officers and called them "****ers" during the arrest. According to Columbus Police Sgt. Mike Woods, the officers discovered a katana, a zanbatō, a loaded AK-47 variant and two other loaded handguns in his vehicle along with an open bottle of Grey Goose vodka.[31] The police requested that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives perform a trace on the firearms to determine if Clarett violated Federal gun laws.

The officers used mace to subdue Clarett after attempts to subdue him with a Taser proved ineffective because he was wearing Kevlar body armor.

Clarett was arraigned on the latest charges on August 10, 2006 in Franklin County Municipal Court in Columbus. During the arraignment, Judge Andrea C. Peeples set his bond on the charges of carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and failure to maintain current lane at $5 million. In setting the bond, Peeples agreed with prosecutors that Clarett is now a flight risk or could attempt to intimidate witnesses in his upcoming robbery trial.[32] Clarett remained lodged in the Franklin County Corrections Center, however, as the $1.1 million bond for the robbery charge was revoked by trial judge David Fais. According to a Columbus Dispatch report, Clarett, who was due to be tried for his January arrest, was in the neighborhood of one of the principal witnesses against him at the time the events of August 9 occurred.[citation needed]

On September 18, Clarett filed a guilty plea to the charges in a plea bargain that involved these events as well as the earlier robbery charges. He was sentenced by Judge David Fais to seven and a half years in prison, with the possibility to apply for early release after three and a half years. As part of the plea agreement, the prosecution agreed not to object to early release if and when Clarett applied for it.[33]

On December 14, it was announced that Clarett would be changing prisons to a close-security prison in a single person cell at Toledo Correctional Institution, where he was able to eat with and exercise with other inmates.[citation needed]

Clarett enrolled in a distance-learning program at Ohio University while serving his sentence at the Toledo Correctional Institution, working towards earning a bachelor's degree in Geriatrics and Gerontology.[34]

On April 7, 2010, Judge Fais granted early release to Clarett. Clarett was ordered to enter Maryhaven, a halfway house in Columbus, for up to 6 months.
Payton can copy and paste!:clap:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robbery conviction[edit]

August 2006 arrest[edit]

Bringing up MC...aren't you reaching just a bit in an attempt to defend your boy Winston?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are sir are in the HOF for being a WHINEY BITCH

If the sport is "Putting Morons in Their Place"? Then yes, as just seen here.

Have a nice day Judge, Jury, Executioner....

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yea, I am tossing the possibilities aside, he raped that woman. GUILTY

Even though forensic evidence shows no signs of outward trauma which is typically the damning evidence provided by a r*pe kit.....

Yeah, whatever fits your narrative

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't ever recall a Heisman Trophy winner caught being a Theif after winning the award and still playing football.

"Everybody Does it" if a fucking lame excuse.

No one in this thread said he needed to be kicked off the team simply for that. I am just laughing at the notion that you are saying its not an issue at all.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing up MC...aren't you reaching just a bit in an attempt to defend your boy Winston?

I was asked if any other college player had the history of doing stupid things... I'd say Big Mo ranks up there.... Sorry if it hits close to home...

Y

Yapp14

Even though forensic evidence shows no signs of outward trauma which is typically the damning evidence provided by a r*pe kit.....

Yeah, whatever fits your narrative
GUILTY!

I am proclaiming myself a forensic expert. Its really that easy, FSUManager did it, why can't I?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever recall a Heisman Trophy winner caught being a Theif after winning the award and still playing football.

No one in this thread said he needed to be kicked off the team simply for that. I am just laughing at the notion that you are saying its not an issue at all.

Way to twist my argument.... LOL!!

I didn't say, "Everybody does it.", I said everybody who commits that level of crime is punished the same way by the legal system (for the most part)....

People here seem to think he should have been locked up for it.

Y

Yapp14

He is delusional...too far gone for reason