• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I said that my opinion and yours are irrelevant to the university. I gave you that option because you believe the university will listen to you. So again I will give them to you and you can address them. The people that make the decisions.

Actually I did defend Richardson with the house thing in Panama City. I did defend your bitter rival AUburn with the Cam "issue". Hell I even defended Mr. Die Bitch at UF. I unlike many people cannot and will not give up on people as easily as others do. I never have and never will.

You know you just made that up, don't you? I never said the university would listen to me. Never implied it.

As for defending others as rigorously as you have defended Winston, that is total crock. You have VOLUMES devoted to defending Winston.

What you seem to be doing is defending his right to play football, not him. No one is saying to draw and quarter him, (well not a lot of them), but they are saying that perhaps he needs to re-prioritize his life and that may not include football. What they ARE saying is that the university seems to have done a terrible job of mentoring him and molding him into anything except a football player.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, IMO it is a strong message to suspend someone for a game for this, and that message is, everything you say or do is going to be scrutinized and could come back to haunt you so think before you act

The problem, I think, is this... Winston went out of the way to draw untoward attention to himself as he shouted something he KNEW would be offensive. Then lied about it...

And it's not like this was his first offense. If it had been, then again, this is a non starter. Political correctness for the first offense would have been happy with a game (maybe even 1/2 game) suspension. But to have him on the field in pads, on the side line giving interviews... not so much.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I've only put one person on ignore since I've been here and it was by mistake. I just don't think folks in the FSU bubble grasp what is going on outside that bubble or else they refuse to.

And your reasoning was shit. If followed, very few things in the history of mankind would have ever been changed for the better.

I read and grasp what other people are screaming about. The problem is that those individuals come on places like here and comment sections of articles to bitch, but do not have the intestinal fortitude to actually address the university. There is a good reason for that. They understand that their voice would fall on deaf ears because there is a LOT that those people do not know for various reasons.

As far as my reasoning. It is very simple and has worked throughout mankind. Worry about shit you can control and not the things you cannot. In this situation you nor I can control what FSU does no matter how loud either of us scream.

As far as the ignore thing I apologize. I got a little heated. You are good to speak with, but when it comes to Winston it starts out good and then turns to shit because we are both stubborn. And you cannot deny that.

:suds:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you just made that up, don't you? I never said the university would listen to me. Never implied it.

As for defending others as rigorously as you have defended Winston, that is total crock. You have VOLUMES devoted to defending Winston.

What you seem to be doing is defending his right to play football, not him. No one is saying to draw and quarter him, (well not a lot of them), but they are saying that perhaps he needs to re-prioritize his life and that may not include football. What they ARE saying is that the university seems to have done a terrible job of mentoring him and molding him into anything except a football player.

Well by your words here it can be a reasonable conclusion that you did. You feel so passionately about it in one way. GO ahead and make those thoughts known.

I have been here for over a year. When those incidents happened I was not on this board. So who are you to tell me it is a total crock? Did you see my posts at ESPN? No you did not.

No I defend the university's decision on whether he plays football or baseball. In fact in another thread which may have been merged with this one I said maybe it would be best for him to go play BASEBALL professionally.

So no it does not have anything to do with him playing football. I have been the one saying who he should be forced to be around at all times outside of the football and baseball facilities. I am the one that suggested he be put in a boot camp style workouts that are meant to tear down and not make someone a better player. I am also the ONLY one that has defended every single slap at his "intelligence" due to 3 interviews. I bring up the fact he carries now a 3.4 GPA, ACC All Academic, and so on. But again all I get is who did his work, who wrote this, who wrote that.

So excuse me for telling you that you are flat wrong in your assertion. Because I have time and time again stated these things and defended the PERSON, but like many things people read or hear what they want instead of what is written or said.

Noles21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem, I think, is this... Winston went out of the way to draw untoward attention to himself as he shouted something he KNEW would be offensive. Then lied about it...

And it's not like this was his first offense. If it had been, then again, this is a non starter. Political correctness for the first offense would have been happy with a game (maybe even 1/2 game) suspension. But to have him on the field in pads, on the side line giving interviews... not so much.

It's very obvious he likes attention, he definitely needs to think before acting and get rid of the spontaneity.

As for being on the sideline, it was a suspension handed down by the school, not the ACC or NCAA... players were suspended for the OKST game for various things and were allowed to travel with the team and stand on sideline. As for coming out in pads :noidea:, my best guess is the pads and shit were laid out in lockers on Friday afternoon, and with the late change in suspension, nobody thought to take those away. I dunno, I'm not putting too much weight on him being there or coming out in pads, its just something to be reported on since they didn't lose.

I don't remember him giving any interviews before, during, or after the game? That's ESPN for you though if they did interview him.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well by your words here it can be a reasonable conclusion that you did. You feel so passionately about it in one way. GO ahead and make those thoughts known.

I have been here for over a year. When those incidents happened I was not on this board. So who are you to tell me it is a total crock? Did you see my posts at ESPN? No you did not.

No I defend the university's decision on whether he plays football or baseball. In fact in another thread which may have been merged with this one I said maybe it would be best for him to go play BASEBALL professionally.

So no it does not have anything to do with him playing football. I have been the one saying who he should be forced to be around at all times outside of the football and baseball facilities. I am the one that suggested he be put in a boot camp style workouts that are meant to tear down and not make someone a better player. I am also the ONLY one that has defended every single slap at his "intelligence" due to 3 interviews. I bring up the fact he carries now a 3.4 GPA, ACC All Academic, and so on. But again all I get is who did his work, who wrote this, who wrote that.

So excuse me for telling you that you are flat wrong in your assertion. Because I have time and time again stated these things and defended the PERSON, but like many things people read or hear what they want instead of what is written or said.

Once again, you are wrong. I was a member on the ESPN board for years before coming to this one. And NO, you did not defend them as ferociously as you have Winston. YOU'RE the one making assumptions.
I have stated my opinions and stated facts.

And I never ASSERTED anything. What I said was that it SEEMS like that's what you're doing. It really is the impression that many seem to get, not just me...

I get defending your university, I really do. But sometimes, just like defending your children, you have to say that enough is enough.

I know that I will never sway your opinion, as you will doubtless dissuade me of mine. But I think you are not being honest with yourself if you think your opinions are not influenced by his position, not his humanity.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, you are wrong. I was a member on the ESPN board for years before coming to this one. And NO, you did not defend them as ferociously as you have Winston. YOU'RE the one making assumptions.

And I never ASSERTED anything. What I said was that it SEEMS like that's what you're doing. It really is the impression that many seem to get, not just me...

I get defending your university, I really do. But sometimes, just like defending your children, you have to say that enough is enough.

I know that I will never sway your opinion, as you will doubtless dissuade me of mine. But I think you are not being honest with yourself if you think your opinions are not influenced by his position, not his humanity.

So you went to the FSU forum all the time? I did not spend a lot of time on the general forum at ESPN. Too many Bama and Buckeye fans arguing all the time. I was either in the FSU forum or the political forum. So again I highly doubt you saw many things that I posted. Had you been in there you would have seen me standing up for every single one of those people against fellow FSU fans. Along with arguing with them over the handling of Bobby Bowden.

I will still defend the university whether you agree with their decisions or not because there is a lot that neither of us will know what goes on behind closed doors. That goes for you and Bama and all other fans of other schools. There is so much that is never told or shown.

As far as defending his position versus him. I can only say things so many times when it comes to him as a person before it gets old and tiresome. Why should I keep repeating and repeating when all I get back is oh you're wrong and he is a total dipshit? What is the point? And the best part was that I defended the university's decision to suspend him when others on here said it was BS. I agreed with the suspension this spring. So if I was truly only worried about his position then why would I agree?

Kind of like the allegation thread from long ago. I was called an apologist because I defended his RIGHT to be innocent until proven guilty. After so long it just gets old.

Here is the kicker to me. Even if he gets his shit completely together there will not be a single person on here or anywhere else that will acknowledge it. To them he will always be the "rapist and thief". And you know this to be true.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think that the hunting squirrels with a pellet gun and the bb gun fight involving 5 other players(who have NEVER been named by the media) should really mean anything or matter. Not because he is a QB at FSU, but because I did the exact same things when I was 18
I'm sorry. But that is the most asinine excuse I have ever heard. If you can find other 18 year olds who commit robbery, should we excuse that as well? And if you did find an 18 year old vandalizing your car, would you reward him with a scholarship?

The things he has done are either okay or not okay on their own. It doesn't matter if other people have done those things or not. And whether you like to hear it or not, the only reason he is getting passes to the extent that he is is because he is the starting QB at Florida State. And that is a problem.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To end all of this arguing and discord. I will recuse myself from all Jameis Winston talk unless it is game related. I will only speak about games and performances for FSU from now on. It is getting tiresome arguing with people that I actually like to discuss things with.

Peace out. :suds:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To end all of this arguing and discord. I will recuse myself from all Jameis Winston talk unless it is game related. I will only speak about games and performances for FSU from now on. It is getting tiresome arguing with people that I actually like to discuss things with.

Peace out. :suds:

When you gonna start that holocaust denial thread?

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you went to the FSU forum all the time? I did not spend a lot of time on the general forum at ESPN. Too many Bama and Buckeye fans arguing all the time. I was either in the FSU forum or the political forum. So again I highly doubt you saw many things that I posted. Had you been in there you would have seen me standing up for every single one of those people against fellow FSU fans. Along with arguing with them over the handling of Bobby Bowden.

I will still defend the university whether you agree with their decisions or not because there is a lot that neither of us will know what goes on behind closed doors. That goes for you and Bama and all other fans of other schools. There is so much that is never told or shown.

As far as defending his position versus him. I can only say things so many times when it comes to him as a person before it gets old and tiresome. Why should I keep repeating and repeating when all I get back is oh you're wrong and he is a total dipshit? What is the point? And the best part was that I defended the university's decision to suspend him when others on here said it was BS. I agreed with the suspension this spring. So if I was truly only worried about his position then why would I agree?

Kind of like the allegation thread from long ago. I was called an apologist because I defended his RIGHT to be innocent until proven guilty. After so long it just gets old.

Here is the kicker to me. Even if he gets his shit completely together there will not be a single person on here or anywhere else that will acknowledge it. To them he will always be the "rapist and thief". And you know this to be true.

I don't believe that to be true. I think that having the r*pe allegation against him will linger quite a while, much longer than the other offenses, but if he truly straightens out, in a few years, it will all be behind him. Many people have things in their past that fade with time.

If he is successful in life (not necessarily sports), then these things won't matter. But he must make better decisions, and he must show true repentance. I think that is what most see... that he just keeps doing similar things, and really doesn't show remorse. He apologizes to his team, but not the ones he's wronged.
His apology speech was about him, how HE was not a ME kinda guy, that he would not let HIS team down again... not I'm sorry that I offended anyone, or that I'm sorry I acted badly, but we are FSU and we overcome adversity.... without really admitting that he caused the adversity... or at least that's the way it sounded to me...

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry. But that is the most asinine excuse I have ever heard. If you can find other 18 year olds who commit robbery, should we excuse that as well? And if you did find an 18 year old vandalizing your car, would you reward him with a scholarship?

The things he has done are either okay or not okay on their own. It doesn't matter if other people have done those things or not. And whether you like to hear it or not, the only reason he is getting passes to the extent that he is is because he is the starting QB at Florida State. And that is a problem.

Ok I am trying to leave this for good because I am tired of arguing, but VANDALISM requires INTENT to damage, destroy, or deface private or public property. A bb gun battle where you are taking aim at another person does not meet the requirement of intent. Kind of like me hitting a baseball through my neighbor's window when I was younger. It happened, but that was not the intent. Thus restitution being the correct action.

Also he was cited, paid restitution, performed community service, and served a suspension. Robbery is not the same as shoplifting or what he was cited for Petty theft. Robbery in the state of FL requires the use of force or violence.

ANd to answer your question. You are asking me is they did something first before getting said scholarship. Not even the same circumstances. And just a little story from this past June I had 4 kids in my neighborhood who were having a paintball war. 3 of them just graduated and one is a senior now. I went to the 3 kids graduation parties. While in the midst of their war they hit my house and truck. Did they mean to do it? No, but it happened. All I required was the house to be cleaned and the truck to be cleaned. 1 is attending ND as we speak. 1 is at University of Indianapolis. The last one is at IU.

I look at the circumstances of the incidents and not the incidents themselves. Whether it happens to myself or anyone else.

Now for the last time I am out.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I am trying to leave this for good because I am tired of arguing, but VANDALISM requires INTENT to damage, destroy, or deface private or public property. A bb gun battle where you are taking aim at another person does not meet the requirement of intent. Kind of like me hitting a baseball through my neighbor's window when I was younger. It happened, but that was not the intent. Thus restitution being the correct action.

Also he was cited, paid restitution, performed community service, and served a suspension. Robbery is not the same as shoplifting or what he was cited for Petty theft. Robbery in the state of FL requires the use of force or violence.

ANd to answer your question. You are asking me is they did something first before getting said scholarship. Not even the same circumstances. And just a little story from this past June I had 4 kids in my neighborhood who were having a paintball war. 3 of them just graduated and one is a senior now. I went to the 3 kids graduation parties. While in the midst of their war they hit my house and truck. Did they mean to do it? No, but it happened. All I required was the house to be cleaned and the truck to be cleaned. 1 is attending ND as we speak. 1 is at University of Indianapolis. The last one is at IU.

I look at the circumstances of the incidents and not the incidents themselves. Whether it happens to myself or anyone else.

Now for the last time I am out.
And the Greatest Neighbor of the Year Award goes to......

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Technically its not his university. He never went there and he is not from Florida.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can assume guilt or innocence, and usually do, in any situation. To actively defend or attach is another matter. My personal opinion of whether Winston did it not withstanding, I have abstained from either in most cases.

What we know by his own deeds is that Winston participated in a act that destroyed property, a theft, a lie about the theft, an "obscene" act, and, as reported by FSU, another lie about the "obscene" act. These are pretty much undisputed. No guilt is assumed, but in most cases, confessed.

I know this is a big move BUT...

Just pretend for a moment that there was no r*pe allegation...

Would ANY of this stuff be even a deal? Never mind a BIG deal?

No, it'd be brushed off by 95% of fans as, "Just an immature kid doing stupid stuff.".

Now, add the r*pe allegation back in and suddenly he's "Rapeis" and the biggest monster to ever suit up in college football or something.... What gets me (And a lot of fans I'd imagine) is that not only is there an allegation, but people on the outside are assuming that he DID r*pe the girl. Tried and found guilty in the media, even though the legal system didn't find enough to even charge him...

The issue with FSU not doing its due diligence with the Title IX investigation isn't an FSU problem. It has been found that over 50+ universities have been JUST AS LAX on these types of things. The Winston incident is simply the beacon that is finally drawing attention to this fact that A LOT of universities have not been doing their due diligence with r*pe allegations...

Does this clear up the perspective a little? Does it help show that we aren't a bunch of pro-r*pe heathens who want to win at all costs?