• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obsfucate incessantly.

Believe it or not, FSU's shitty handling reflects badly on CFB and sports as a whole. It reinforces every negative stereotype of college athletics. As someone who is a fan of college sports, that makes me care. I also add fundamental morality is being butchered as well.

So because you care so deeply about college sports FSU should listen to your opinion? No they should not. When will people get it. They will do what they are going to do. That is the end of it. Your opinion and my opinion means jack shit to them.

And nice job with the big word. I have yet to obscure anything. I asked you a few simple questions and you pontificate about caring about college sports. Here is a novel idea. Worry about Bama and nothing else.

What is hilarious to me is how people want to call Jimbo soft(YOU) and the university as kowtowing to a FB player. When you do this over one single player it shows the lack of knowledge as to what BOTH the university and Jimbo have done in the very recent past. And when it is explained to you all anyone receives is well they are not doing that now. OR you are obsfucating things.

The best thing for all of us to do is let the university do what IT thinks is correct. Whether you, I, god, or anyone else agrees with it.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because you care so deeply about college sports FSU should listen to your opinion? No they should not. When will people get it. They will do what they are going to do. That is the end of it. Your opinion and my opinion means jack shit to them.

And nice job with the big word. I have yet to obscure anything. I asked you a few simple questions and you pontificate about caring about college sports. Here is a novel idea. Worry about Bama and nothing else.

What is hilarious to me is how people want to call Jimbo soft(YOU) and the university as kowtowing to a FB player. When you do this over one single player it shows the lack of knowledge as to what BOTH the university and Jimbo have done in the very recent past. And when it is explained to you all anyone receives is well they are not doing that now. OR you are obsfucating things.

The best thing for all of us to do is let the university do what IT thinks is correct. Whether you, I, god, or anyone else agrees with it.

Yes, because they have done such a wonderful job so far, correct? :yahoo:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because they have done such a wonderful job so far, correct? :yahoo:

Well there you go. Your opinion trumps theirs. Here is a novel idea. I will give you the interim president Garnett Stokes' mailing address and email address. I will also give you the new AD Stan Wilcox's mailing and email address. Write them and tell them how you feel.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your reasoning is all fucked up. First off, society's first line of defense against shitbags is stigmatizing shitbag behavior and we primarily do that by expressing opinions and making judgments. Also, if FSU fans like yourself spoke out instead of defending shit bag behavior your administration would respond, like they responded last week to national outrage.

And yes, someone like Jimbo can do a thousand good things and should still be called out when he does something weak and abysmal.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what do you suggest would be better?

1. Quit saying "kids will be kids" and put out a STRONG message that this behavior is not acceptable...
not a 1/2 game suspension that got upgraded because of public outcry.

2. Limit Winston's press exposure. He does not HAVE to give speeches or talk with the media. The best thing he can do now is lay low and HOPE things blow over.

3. Actually INVESTIGATE each issue before reacting. Supporting your player is very understandable, but bending over backwards to accommodate bad behavior is not.

Things should have NEVER gotten to this point. All FSU can do now is try to mitigate the damage.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there you go. Your opinion trumps theirs. Here is a novel idea. I will give you the interim president Garnett Stokes' mailing address and email address. I will also give you the new AD Stan Wilcox's mailing and email address. Write them and tell them how you feel.

Do you know what a defeatist defense is?

Hacks use it all the time to justify pacfity and inaction and you're using it right now.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Touchy, aren't we? You put out your opinion, but mine is irrelevant. I even tried to make light of it with the :yahoo: smilie, but it still upset you...

It's really simple. My opinion matters as much to me as yours does to you. But FSU would rather we all share yours.

And my opinion only, you would not so rigorously defend an Alabama player in the same position. Your bias towards your school fuels your fervor and makes your conclusions faulty.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if posted, but this was interesting.

Ameer Abdullah of Nebraska Cornhuskers says Jameis Winston of Florida State Seminoles must grow up - ESPN

Abdullah and Winston both grew up in the Birmingham, Alabama, area and trained together at the same gym. Abdullah said he considers Winston a friend.

"It's kind of hard for me to understand what's going on with him right now, but from a general standpoint it's the maturity level," Abdullah said Monday. "Think before you act. Understand the bigger picture. Everything that you do, say or how you present yourself can have dire consequences. That's something I feel like he definitely needs to assess more."

Noles21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Quit saying "kids will be kids" and put out a STRONG message that this behavior is not acceptable...
not a 1/2 game suspension that got upgraded because of public outcry.

2. Limit Winston's press exposure. He does not HAVE to give speeches or talk with the media. The best thing he can do now is lay low and HOPE things blow over.

3. Actually INVESTIGATE each issue before reacting. Supporting your player is very understandable, but bending over backwards to accommodate bad behavior is not.

Things should have NEVER gotten to this point. All FSU can do now is try to mitigate the damage.

1. A full game suspension, hell even a 1/2 game seems like a pretty fucking strong message to me for saying "Fuck her right in the pussy"

2. Agreed

3. FSU definitely reacted too quickly on this one and caved in at the last minute like you said... that's the biggest gripe I have with it. Stand firm with punishments you hand out.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. A full game suspension, hell even a 1/2 game seems like a pretty fucking strong message to me for saying "Fuck her right in the pussy"

2. Agreed

3. FSU definitely reacted too quickly on this one and caved in at the last minute like you said... that's the biggest gripe I have with it. Stand firm with punishments you hand out.

He didn't just "say" it, if media reports are correct. He jumped up on a table, waved his arms wildly, and SHOUTED IT repeatedly in a very public place, after being DARED to do it... knowing that it was very inappropriate... especially in the light of his recent allegations. If he had just "said" it, this would be a non starter.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your reasoning is all fucked up. First off, society's first line of defense against shitbags is stigmatizing shitbag behavior and we primarily do that by expressing opinions and making judgments. Also, if FSU fans like yourself spoke out instead of defending shit bag behavior your administration would respond, like they responded last week to national outrage.

And yes, someone like Jimbo can do a thousand good things and should still be called out when he does something weak and abysmal.

The part you are missing about Jimbo is that 1 thing does NOT wipe out all the others. Well I guess in your case it does.

And quite frankly do you think I really care what you think about my reasoning or what the university does?

There is a nice little thing to remember. YOu will never agree with people on everything. No matter how many times you try to FORCE it. They are called opinions and nothing more. If you do not like mine you can either not respond to me OR put me on ignore. That is your choice.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like every other 'scandal' that spirals, it happens because authorities within it try to minimize the impact in the beginning and the result is more damage done in the long term.

Same shit, different day. - Just look at what is going on in the NFL right now.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touchy, aren't we? You put out your opinion, but mine is irrelevant. I even tried to make light of it with the :yahoo: smilie, but it still upset you...

It's really simple. My opinion matters as much to me as yours does to you. But FSU would rather we all share yours.

And my opinion only, you would not so rigorously defend an Alabama player in the same position. Your bias towards your school fuels your fervor and makes your conclusions faulty.

No I said that my opinion and yours are irrelevant to the university. I gave you that option because you believe the university will listen to you. So again I will give them to you and you can address them. The people that make the decisions.

Actually I did defend Richardson with the house thing in Panama City. I did defend your bitter rival AUburn with the Cam "issue". Hell I even defended Mr. Die Bitch at UF. I unlike many people cannot and will not give up on people as easily as others do. I never have and never will.

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what a defeatist defense is?

Hacks use it all the time to justify pacfity and inaction and you're using it right now.

No when someone tells me that they are not doing a good job I will offer up the avenues for said person to convey that. It is no different than what I do everyday dealing with customers face to face. If they are unsatisfied or do not understand I give them the avenues to which things can be explained or remedied. Nothing defeatist about it.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like every other 'scandal' that spirals, it happens because authorities within it try to minimize the impact in the beginning and the result is more damage done in the long term.

Same shit, different day. - Just look at what is going on in the NFL right now.

Ok Same shit different day. It is no different than politics or anything else. I think you are looking for change that is never going to come.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part you are missing about Jimbo is that 1 thing does NOT wipe out all the others. Well I guess in your case it does.

And quite frankly do you think I really care what you think about my reasoning or what the university does?

There is a nice little thing to remember. YOu will never agree with people on everything. No matter how many times you try to FORCE it. They are called opinions and nothing more. If you do not like mine you can either not respond to me OR put me on ignore. That is your choice.

:lol: I've only put one person on ignore since I've been here and it was by mistake. I just don't think folks in the FSU bubble grasp what is going on outside that bubble or else they refuse to.

And your reasoning was shit. If followed, very few things in the history of mankind would have ever been changed for the better.

Noles21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't just "say" it, if media reports are correct. He jumped up on a table, waved his arms wildly, and SHOUTED IT repeatedly in a very public place, after being DARED to do it... knowing that it was very inappropriate... especially in the light of his recent allegations. If he had just "said" it, this would be a non starter.

Either way, IMO it is a strong message to suspend someone for a game for this, and that message is, everything you say or do is going to be scrutinized and could come back to haunt you so think before you act

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No when someone tells me that they are not doing a good job I will offer up the avenues for said person to convey that. It is no different than what I do everyday dealing with customers face to face. If they are unsatisfied or do not understand I give them the avenues to which things can be explained or remedied. Nothing defeatist about it.

Don't explain 'avenues' if you don't know all the streets. :rollseyes: