• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the sake of resolution I'd like to see a civil case, which is probably inevitable anyhow.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about to get more interesting... It's looking more and more like it's going to turn into a clusterfuck sooner than later...

Jameis Winston attorney reportedly informs FSU r*pe accuser sought money to stay silent - Orlando Sentinel

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about to get more interesting... It's looking more and more like it's going to turn into a clusterfuck sooner than later...

Jameis Winston attorney reportedly informs FSU r*pe accuser sought money to stay silent - Orlando Sentinel

More and more from the letter is going to be told. It is going to get ugly real fast. Patricia Carroll is going to speak tomorrow. She is the accuser's aunt and attorney from last fall. Today the accuser's title ix attorney said that Winston initiated the payoff thing.

FSU just fucked up again by allowing this letter to get out. I am sure this was thought of as a great likelihood by Winston's attorney and that is why the letter was sent.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I side track the current discussion for a second?

lol

Florida State served visiting recruits crab legs at Clemson game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to read the 13 page letter here it is.

The letter

Heh, so FSU might be have gotten themselves into trouble, but not for the reasons everyone assumes...

IE. By succumbing to the pressures of an attorney-stoked media (and public) fire storm, FSU has basically ignored Winston's right to defend himself in the Title XI case, using facts of the case that reflect very poorly on the accuser and her account of events and her motivations..... The university has basically ignored its own rules about timely Title IX investigations to satiate the blood lust of the public and the media, even though the reason that no Title IX investigation was ever performed is because the accuser never filed to have a Title IX hearing and refused to cooperate...

Sadly, FSU is wrong either way, but the ignorant who don't wish to read the details of this case will assume it is just another Penn State issue where the university went down defending one of its football players (or program), when in fact (If this is all true), they should be getting in trouble for caving to media and the court of public opinion and throwing one of its football players under the bus....

Crazy....

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the accusers legal team sent out a rebuttal accusing Winston's council of lying.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the accusers legal team sent out a rebuttal accusing Winston's council of lying.

Well, so we're back to, "Guilty" then. I mean if they said so, then...

Id be happy to read the rebuttal though, assuming its a little better than the My Cousin Vinny rebuttal of, "Everything that guy just said is bullshit, thank you.". :)

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

why are you putting words in my mouth? Im just telling you what happened.

They read some of their rebuttal on the radio. Her team is suggesting Winston is going to be chaged by FSU for something and this was their last ditch effort to try and clear his name. Also said that winston's team offered money first not the other way around.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Id be happy to read the rebuttal though, assuming its a little better than the My Cousin Vinny rebuttal of, "Everything that guy just said is bullshit, thank you.". :)

I hate to do this, but I do not think by his post this once that he was stating that. Although I could be wrong. Here is a link that shows the short rebuttals and some tweets from Cornwell after their statements.

Jameis Winston's lawyer, accuser's lawyer make accusations - Tomahawk Nation

Supposedly Patricia Carroll is having some presser or statement release today. Have not seen or read it.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting ridiculous... Both counsels acting like children...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you putting words in my mouth? Im just telling you what happened.

They read some of their rebuttal on the radio. Her team is suggesting Winston is going to be chaged by FSU for something and this was their last ditch effort to try and clear his name. Also said that winston's team offered money first not the other way around.

Apologies on the hair trigger. No, you didnt say that.

Anyway, I guess their rebuttal is unsurprising. Looking to see how they refute all of the points brought up, but Ill reserve judgmentuntil I read what they have to say.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are and it is not suprising. This is the first that Winston's attorneys have said anything accusatory, but it is not just towards the accuser's attorney, but also the university. And there are some humdingers about the university. I am assuming that after this year Winston is leaving. No way can he stay with the stuff his advisor/lawyer said in his letter.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are and it is not suprising. This is the first that Winston's attorneys have said anything accusatory, but it is not just towards the accuser's attorney, but also the university. And there are some humdingers about the university. I am assuming that after this year Winston is leaving. No way can he stay with the stuff his advisor/lawyer said in his letter.

Well, either way, it'd be for the best that Winston move on sooner rather than later.

Thing is, that in a case like this there is NO way he can be completely exhonerated. No lawyer will ever admit to wrong-doing in this case and there will always be a rebuttal to the rebuttal of the rebuttal...

So there will always be a large contingent of people who simply think he's a rapist. No matter what.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a big assumption. It might be sooner than that.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, it seems that way... But when you think about it, one is likely telling the truth while the other is childishly giving the, "Nuh uh... YOU did!!" response...

Doesn't look like either side is denying that they met in Atlanta to negotiate, so.... Someone either offered money, or asked for money.... Question is WHO?