• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF FSU routs any team without Winston whether that be FL, Idaho, or whoever is in the ACC CCG please tell me how you think they can drop them?

Quit being so defensive. I answer a post that is all. Not going to get into if FSU or OSU has better wins.

It won't be about wins at that point. They will looking at who will give bama a better game.

The team with their starting QB or the one without.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically they would have to prove they arent as good.......by losing.

If you lose your starting Heisman candidate QB, you obviously weren't as good as you used to be.

Common sense.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point.

FSU without Winston is a different team, that shouldn't be taken into account?

No I understand your point. The problem is you, I , or anyone else have any idea what the team will look like. That is the point. If they blowout everyone like they have been without Winston why should they drop? If Maguire starts and the offense does not really miss a beat tell me why they should drop. The defense and special teams are going to be exactly the same.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they win by say 10 points in each game instead of by 40 they should drop? Isn't that the complaint of most of the tOSU fans on here? The fact that tOSU wins their games even if not by more than 7 pts is ok, but not the same standard for another team? I smell double standard.

I think he saying if they did it to tOSU then they should do it to FSU.

The voters set the precedent now they have to be consistant.

He isn't arguing if its right or not.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for FSU ( if they lose Winston ) is that none of their remaining games really give us an idea of if they are the same caliber team without him. Idaho, Florida both are pretty terrible so even blowout wins dont prove much and a win over a good Duke team just doesnt carry much cache with voters even if the Blue Devils are solid this year. At that point the voter has to ask themselves if they think FSU is the same caliber team without Jameis as they are with him. Almost would have been better for the Noles to lose him before say the Clemson game. Then if they win out they are in for sure IMO. This late in the year with the opponents they have left leaves the voters guessing.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I understand your point. The problem is you, I , or anyone else have any idea what the team will look like. That is the point. If they blowout everyone like they have been without Winston why should they drop? If Maguire starts and the offense does not really miss a beat tell me why they should drop. The defense and special teams are going to be exactly the same.
If FSU can win and do it like they have been doing then it does not matter who is the QB. FSU stays at #2 if they win out. IMO

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The voters can vote how they like. There is nothing keeping them from that.

Like I said, they can view it as who would be in better position, to beat bama.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The mindset of the whole team changes if the leader is taken away.....

If they truly look like they dont miss a beat I have no problem keeping them in.....but I think its very wishful thinking on that.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mindset of the whole team changes if the leader is taken away.....

If they truly look like they dont miss a beat I have no problem keeping them in.....but I think its very wishful thinking on that.

how many beats did ohio state miss when early heisman candidate braxton miller went out? it seems to me there was a discussion if there was a QB controversey in columbus following guiton's performances.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many beats did ohio state miss when early heisman candidate braxton miller went out? it seems to me there was a discussion if there was a QB controversey in columbus following guiton's performances.

Kenny Guiton is a very experienced backup and a team leader even as a backup.....big difference between him and the 3rd string freshmen at FSU

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No offense sakau but Kenny Guiton is probably one of the 15 best QB's in CFB. Huge difference between him and some guy that we know nothing about.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guiton is an experienced veteran Senior, he kept the Buckeyes undefeated last year coming off the benc, he improved over the offseason and could start for almoat any team out thar.

Whoever this freshman is he has no experience and isn't comparable.

See the SLIGHT difference. :L

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guiton is an experienced veteran Senior, he kept the Buckeyes undefeated last year coming off the benc, he improved over the offseason and could start for almoat any team out thar.

Whoever this freshman is he has no experience and isn't comparable.

See the SLIGHT difference. :L

a freshman with no experience won the heisman last year and another very well may win it again this year. if it isn't another freshman, it will probably be the freshman from last year.

kenny guiton and florida state's unknown both were heralded about the same coming out of high school.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will still shit down the necks of Florida and whichever poser they face in the ACC CCG. They could trot Lee Corso out there and still win. Winston isn't their entire team.

Just stop...No Winston, No winning.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be about wins at that point. They will looking at who will give bama a better game.

The team with their starting QB or the one without.

You blowin this shit straight outta your ass? Or do you have some precedent? FSU keeps winnin they stay stay ahead of osu. Pleading your dreams here isnt changing that.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a freshman with no experience won the heisman last year and another very well may win it again this year. if it isn't another freshman, it will probably be the freshman from last year.

kenny guiton and florida state's unknown both were heralded about the same coming out of high school.

so every freshman and back up should be considered great from here on out no matter who the team is.

Nice logic. :laugh3:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You blowin this shit straight outta your ass? Or do you have some precedent? FSU keeps winnin they stay stay ahead of osu. Pleading your dreams here isnt changing that.

It happened to Oregon years ago.

I'm not talking about me. Im talking about the voters and how they handle it. Its up to them, not you or me .

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he saying if they did it to tOSU then they should do it to FSU.

The voters set the precedent now they have to be consistant.

He isn't arguing if its right or not.

Poor osu is the only team ever to slack in the rankings due to a weak sos? I think the polls are pretty consistent there....since like forever.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so every freshman and back up should be considered great from here on out no matter who the team is.

Nice logic. :laugh3:

no, but it's pretty dumb to automatically drop a team that has been more impressive than ohio state thus far just because you think there will be a big dropoff when you really have no idea.

florida state has playmakers all over the field on both sides of the ball. losing 1 player might not be that big of a deal for them. i certainly wouldn't punish the rest of the roster just because i thought that they might drop off without having any proof of it.

how does it feel knowing you'll probably have to pull for florida and auburn to get into the title hunt which will only strengthen the argument that the SEC is by far the toughest in the land and the only way to beat an SEC team is to have an SEC team take them down.

SEC champion... 34-0 over the last 7 seasons in nonconference play. no other conference comes close.