• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't lamichael james actually arrested (which jameis has not been) for choking his girlfriend? he still played during the 2010 season and the BCS title game.

James charges were misdemeanors. Same with Carlos Hyde.

The problem for Winston is his potential arrest are for felonies.

That is the dividing line.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dropped you due to your schedule and lack of ranked teams on it. Not tOSU's fault, but that is why you dropped. Cannot do the same for losing a player even the Heisman frontrunner because you have no clue what the team will look like without him.

I really don't see how one situation outweighs the other.

They dropped tOSU because of who they played, but they can't drop a team based on them losing their best player. Why not?

They are both arbitrary situations.

Furthermore, FSU hasn't played anymore ranked teams than tOSU at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL FSU has tried winning the title with a third stringer before in the first BCS title game.

THE ROOSTER! Marcus Outzen

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another in a LONG line of coverups by athletic departments/college town police etc. This is nowhere near the first time something like this has happened nor will it be the last. Makes me wonder how my team manages to get 17 guys arrested every year... LOL. Frankly if this story is true its pretty fucking horrendous and reminds me of the PSU debacle ( although not nearly as hideous as that )

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dropped you due to your schedule and lack of ranked teams on it. Not tOSU's fault, but that is why you dropped. Cannot do the same for losing a player even the Heisman frontrunner because you have no clue what the team will look like without him.

Come on man.....you honestly believe FSU performs at even nearly as high a level with a 3rd stringer with no meaningful game experience?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They dropped tOSU because of who they played, but they can't drop a team based on them losing their best player. Why not?

IF FSU routs any team without Winston whether that be FL, Idaho, or whoever is in the ACC CCG please tell me how you think they can drop them?

Quit being so defensive. I answer a post that is all. Not going to get into if FSU or OSU has better wins.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The CFP committee has already had mention of dropping a team because of an injured star player or a player that has been suspended.

And it has been done in the past. I can only speak for Oregon. In 2005 they had one loss to #1 USC, then their star QB was injured. The BCS passed up Oregon and chose another team even though Oregon was 5th in the BCS and ranked higher than the team they chose.

Now, that went under the radar as it was just a BCS at large bid and Clemons. Winston and a potential NATTY bid would stand out much more obviously if pollsters bumped them based on potential future results.

Last edited by a moderator:

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF FSU routs any team without Winston whether that be FL, Idaho, or whoever is in the ACC CCG please tell me how you think they can drop them?

Quit being so defensive. I answer a post that is all. Not going to get into if FSU or OSU has better wins.

:L Idaho? the 1-9 Vandals just lost 59-38 to Old Dominion, you could play QB for FSU and they'd win comfortably.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man.....you honestly believe FSU performs at even nearly as high a level with a 3rd stringer with no meaningful game experience?

kenny guiton anyone?

incidentally, you know who started the 1994 football season as tennessee's 3rd string QB? peyton manning. their starter was future MLB star Todd Helton, but he went down with an injury, as did the backup.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as losing your star QB, if Alabama loses AJ, we're fucked. That's all I know about that.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win the last 2 they should not drop whether he is there or not.

I disagree with that actually. All we always hear is that the BCS title game is supposed to match the 2 best teams. An FSU without Winston is not better than Baylor or OSU IMO. They would still have a very good team but not at the level of those other 2. We have already established that its not the better resume that gets you the title game. Its simply which team the voters think is better so Id have zero problem dropping FSU without Winston ESPECIALLY if we find out that the University played a big role in the coverup etc etc.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are both arbitrary situations.

Really??? I have never seen a team drop in accordance to quality of injuries/suspensions. I have seen a teams rank held up or dropped due to percieved sos every week forever.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Idaho? the 1-9 Vandals just lost 59-38 to Old Dominion, you could play QB for FSU and they'd win comfortably.

Guess we will have to wait and see. I know the OSU fans are holding hope that FSU gets dropped or passed over.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Long CFP committee Director

"I think it would unfair if we didn't take into account injuries as they got into the latter part of the season. They do play a factor in the strength of the team as they finish the year and go on to the playoffs."

Now this ^^ is for next year and moving forward into the CFP.

But I have also heard mention from a committee member that pollsters (especially Harris) take this into account heavily.

I personally think it is wrong. Don't agree with it, but it is what is it is.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we will have to wait and see. I know the OSU fans are holding hope that FSU gets dropped or passed over.

I think if Winston is suspended and FSU goes out vs Florida and in the ACC title game and proves they are not near the same team they should drop.....is that not a valid argument?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Winston is suspended and FSU goes out vs Florida and in the ACC title game and proves they are not near the same team they should drop.....is that not a valid argument?

So if they win by say 10 points in each game instead of by 40 they should drop? Isn't that the complaint of most of the tOSU fans on here? The fact that tOSU wins their games even if not by more than 7 pts is ok, but not the same standard for another team? I smell double standard.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well.... the polls have done it in the past.

And the cfp selection committee already said that they will drop a team that is in FSU's shoes.

So it is a valid argument for sure. One that you would win because it has happened and will again.

With FSU? WHo knows.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they win by say 10 points in each game instead of by 40 they should drop? Isn't that the complaint of most of the tOSU fans on here? The fact that tOSU wins their games even if not by more than 7 pts is ok, but not the same standard for another team? I smell double standard.

You are missing the point.

FSU without Winston is a different team, that shouldn't be taken into account?