• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis Winston's accuser/victim speaks

the family of Winston's accuser/victim released a statement to the Tampa Bay Times through the family's attorney, Patricia Carroll (she is an ex-Florida prosecutor who is based in Tampa)

you can read the statement here or in the attached pics below...

JAzU.jpg

1Ls7k.jpg

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Forde of Yahoo Sports writes: the accusations "sound straight out of a Hollywood screenplay about the corrupting power of a big-time football program in a college town."

this wouldn't be new for FSU. back when 1st Round pick Travis Johnson was at FSU, he was put on trial for r*pe. After he was acquitted, the prosecutor said: it's nearly impossible to win a conviction against Florida State football players, referring to the program as "the machine.'' And he said: "It's always been tough to convict Florida State football players in Tallahassee. ... [But] we're going to keep prosecuting Florida State football players who break the law. It's not going to change."

and back when FSU won their last national title (1999), their star player (Peter Warrick)was charged with shoplifting at a Tallahassee Dillard's.

Mr. Warrick's lawyer, John Kenny, along with the football coach, Bobby Bowden, and athletic director, Dave Hart Jr., worked out a plea agreement with the Tallahassee prosecutor, Willie Meggs. Mr. Warrick would plead guilty to a misdemeanor, and he would serve 30 days in jail after the football season.

Then when the president of Florida State University, Talbot D'Alemberte, suggested that Warrick serve his jail sentence before returning to football, FSU fans went crazy...

''How dare you treat Athletic Director Hart and Coach Bowden as mere subordinates,'' wrote an alumnus, Ron Lawrence. ''I will never give another penny to the university as long as you are president of the institution.''

One donor threatened to withdraw a $1 million contribution, university officials said.

Mr. D'Alemberte said in an interview: ''A lot of people got outraged, in part because it looked as if everything had been worked out and I was stepping in.''

His office immediately received more than 600 letters and e-mail messages, denouncing him as well as supporting him.

''There were two or three major donors who were sending me messages that they were not going to give the gift they had promised,'' he said. ''The best thing for a university president to do is to stake out a ground that he feels comfortable with and stay there.''

Worried alumni and other Seminole football fans also bombarded the prosecutor, himself an alumnus, with angry mail. They lobbied sympathetic state legislators to use their influence. ''I had hundreds of phone calls,'' said State Senator Jim King of Jacksonville, also a graduate of Florida State. ''I thought the phone would never stop ringing.''

In the end, Mr. Warrick's lawyer brokered a new deal. Instead of jail time, Mr. Warrick was allowed to do community service -- picking up trash for 30 days -- after admitting his guilt.

The Seminoles went on to win the national championship at the Sugar Bowl, in large part because of Warrick's outstanding play (Warrick was named Super Bowl MVP with over 160 yards receiving and three touchdowns, including a 59-yard punt return...he went on to be drafted #4 overall in the draft)

Decision on Knight Shows the Fine Line That Colleges Walk - New York Times

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, money and status matter. Winston has Eric Holders backing and strategical advice for sure. If this guy was a Mexican, White or Jewish fry cook at Freds Diner in Anysmalltown, USA, he has been through the judicial process, 3 months into his 20+ year sentance and can never turn his porch light on while children trick or treat again.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to check your facts. Warrick and Coles were charged with a Felony Grand Theft. The transaction was a total of $412.38 of clothing that the clerk discounted down to $21.49. Not shoplifting. It was dropped to the misdemeanor of shoplifting.

Here is what constitutes Grand Theft in the 3rd Degree in FL.

(c) It is grand theft of the third degree and a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, if the property stolen is:
1. Valued at $300 or more, but less than $5,000.
2. Valued at $5,000 or more, but less than $10,000.
3. Valued at $10,000 or more, but less than $20,000.
4. A will, codicil, or other testamentary instrument.
5. A firearm.
6. A motor vehicle, except as provided in paragraph (a).
7. Any commercially farmed animal, including any animal of the equine, bovine, or swine class or other grazing animal; a bee colony of a registered beekeeper; and aquaculture species raised at a certified aquaculture facility. If the property stolen is aquaculture species raised at a certified aquaculture facility, then a $10,000 fine shall be imposed.
8. Any fire extinguisher.
9. Any amount of citrus fruit consisting of 2,000 or more individual pieces of fruit.
10. Taken from a designated construction site identified by the posting of a sign as provided for in s. 810.09(2)(d).
11. Any stop sign.
12. Anhydrous ammonia.
13. Any amount of a controlled substance as defined in s. 893.02. Notwithstanding any other law, separate judgments and sentences for theft of a controlled substance under this subparagraph and for any applicable possession of controlled substance offense under s. 893.13 or trafficking in controlled substance offense under s. 893.135 may be imposed when all such offenses involve the same amount or amounts of a controlled substance.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly hope that the Tallahassee PD Detective didn't basically tell her to not pursue charges. It kind of sounds like the investigation has been thoroughly mishandled from the beginning.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, an FSU player accused of a serious crime? I thought that this only happened at Florida. I guess that the Seminoles have picked up the mantle after Urban left Gainesville.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The questions are good ones. Let's go through #3, #4, and #6.

#3 The police report from the night states that the victim was assaulted by an unknown person. Not sure why it was not changed in another report, but the initial one cannot be changed.

#4 the police report states that the victim said they had been drinking. So that is where the inference from the media comes.

#6 FSU PD ALWAYS receives a copy of the police report because they forward the calls to TPD. This is standard protocol because FSU PD is an ACTUAL police department. I guess you can call it a courtesy. And this goes for all cases involving FSU students whether an athlete or not.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston will be charged within the next week or so. I can almost guarantee that. Sean Maguire will take over at QB.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU will be fine vs Idaho, but their Natty chances are in serious trouble vs Florida and the ACC title game. I don't think they survive both of those 2 games, one is surely to be a drop.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU will be fine vs Idaho, but their Natty chances are in serious trouble vs Florida and the ACC title game. I don't think they survive both of those 2 games, one is surely to be a drop.

They will still shit down the necks of Florida and whichever poser they face in the ACC CCG. They could trot Lee Corso out there and still win. Winston isn't their entire team.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not is he throws passes like this one on a consistent basis.
Syracuse vs Florida State Highlight - ESPN Video - ESPN

Plus he brings even more of a running threat because he ran a wing T offense in high school.

he looks good vs HS defenses and against sub par opponents like Syracuse in clean up duty...

Nonethless; I think what is being done to Winston is sorta BS. Sounds like this girl wasn't willing to talk, until now, where she can make headlines, if this was a serious issue, she and her parents wouldn't have given a rats ass if they were ridiculed, they would have press charges.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he looks good vs HS defenses and against sub par opponents like Syracuse in clean up duty...

Nonethless; I think what is being done to Winston is sorta BS. Sounds like this girl wasn't willing to talk, until now, where she can make headlines, if this was a serious issue, she and her parents wouldn't have given a rats ass if they were ridiculed, they would have press charges.

If you watched the video there was damn good coverage from a " sub par opponent" (who by the way had their starters in there because it was in the beginning of the 2nd half the pass took place)and he placed the ball in the ONLY spot to where O'Leary and ONLY O'Leary could catch it.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.

I really hate people sometimes.

Just people in general.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The victim just now coming out for attention.
Ah. Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. Funny that he said that though. My wife is in "Gator Country" right now in FL on business and she was expecting people to talk shit to her because she wears FSU stuff all the time. And not a single person has said a bad word to her. They are all stating the same as OD is. Which is rather shocking considering they despise FSU.