• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Jameis Winston" Superthread

Will Winston Finish the Season For FSU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You DON'T have a better resume.....you homers kill me.

BAYLOR has beaten a top 10 team. tOSU has not, and probably will not all season. Baylor plays their second top 10 team this week. If they win that, they'll have 2 wins against the top 10. tOSU ZERO.

I don't understand how this is even a debate.

you really think OU is a top 10 team?
stop being a BIG12 homer dude

Ohio State and Baylor will not be playing each other this year so it is not worth it to get worked up about it and have to pimp Baylor.

Unless you are doing it to get a rise out of people.
I had fun doing it yesterday

Baylor is having a nice season so far and we will see if they can finish it off with 3 more wins

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point disparity between No. 1-2 and No. 3-4 is just so huge that it would take something crazy for one of them to make it. FSU has a relatively easy road, and I'm not a big believer in Auburn just yet, so the NC is FSU/Bama's to lose imo. Also, OSU might have a better resume now, but if both teams make it through undefeated then there would be a legitimate debate. I'm actually not a big believer in Baylor either, I was just being an asshole before.

I think we can at least agree that its unfortunate that the playoff system can't start this year...

I agree with you 100% on this point, and if OSU runs the table and ends up in the Rose, so be it. We had our chances to apply some style points like FSU has and we didn't take advantage. Facing Oregon is, IMO, going to be as good a barometer of how good we actually are as anyone in the nation. However, Bama showed this weekend they are anything but flawless, so anything is possible, especially in a rivalry game.

If Baylor runs the table, they'll claim wins over Okie State and Oklahoma, the only other 2 Big 12 teams likely to be ranked, and only Okie State is likely to be even top 15. We will have wins over Wisconsin and then likely Michigan State in the B1G CCG, 2 teams who are likely to be top 15. I don't see how you can say our resume isn't better.

I figured you were being an asshole, and as an asshole myself, I can respect that. This does seem like the perfect year for it, but it's still gonna be awesome next year.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you really think OU is a top 10 team?
stop being a BIG12 homer dude

Ohio State and Baylor will not be playing each other this year so it is not worth it to get worked up about it and have to pimp Baylor.

Unless you are doing it to get a rise out of people.
I had fun doing it yesterday

Baylor is having a nice season so far and we will see if they can finish it off with 3 more wins

Not pimping anything.

OU was top 10 when they lost to Baylor. That is a FACT.

tOSU has no top 10 wins, and will likely have none at the end of the year. If Baylor is undefeated, they will have 2.

Those are facts. They CLEARLY have a better resume.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BAYLOR has beaten a top 10 team. tOSU has not, and probably will not all season. Baylor plays their second top 10 team this week. If they win that, they'll have 2 wins against the top 10. tOSU ZERO.

1 Alabama 10-0
2 Florida State 10-0
3 Ohio State 10-0
4 Baylor 9-0
5 Oregon 9-1
6 Auburn 10-1
7 Clemson 9-1
8 Missouri 9-1
9 Stanford 8-2
10 Oklahoma State 9-1

Which of these teams has Baylor beaten?

I do, however, see Wisconsin is ranked ahead of Oklahoma RIGHT NOW, dumbass.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not pimping anything.

tOSU has no top 10 wins, and will likely have none at the end of the year. If Baylor is undefeated, they will have 2.

LMAO, you fucking moron. You really have no idea how rankings work, do you?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, you fucking moron. You really have no idea how rankings work, do you?

Apparently I know more than you.

True or false......OU was top 10 when they played. BECAUSE BAYLOR BEAT THEM, they dropped out of the top 10.

Can you grasp this simple concept? The FACT Baylor is going to jump tOSU in the rankings if they win out is testimony that you CAN'T figure this out.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL@ Jordan Lynch. Remember what happened last time he played a real defense?

15/41, 176 yards and an 18.2 QBR. 18.2.

Jordan Lynch is not in this discussion

As I say every time somebody makes this point, go ahead and look at Manziel's stats against the best defense he played last year (LSU).

29-56, 276 Yards, 0 TDs, 3 Ints., and 17 carries for 27 yards. That's a 25.8 QBR.

And he did this with a supporting cast that's about 10,000 times better Lynch's.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I know more than you.

True or false......OU was top 10 when they played. BECAUSE BAYLOR BEAT THEM, they dropped out of the top 10.

Can you grasp this simple concept? The FACT Baylor is going to jump tOSU in the rankings if they win out is testimony that you CAN'T figure this out.

:lol::lol::laugh3::laugh3:

Rankings at the time of a win are irrelevant. By this logic, UCF has a top 10 win. LMAO get out of here dude, you are in way over your head.

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not pimping anything.

a better resume to get them to the Fiesta Bowl so they can play Fresno State or No Illinois and that is it

Congratulations everyone will tune in for Baylor vs Fresno State or No Illinois it will be historic

jlesho09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you 100% on this point, and if OSU runs the table and ends up in the Rose, so be it. We had our chances to apply some style points like FSU has and we didn't take advantage. Facing Oregon is, IMO, going to be as good a barometer of how good we actually are as anyone in the nation. However, Bama showed this weekend they are anything but flawless, so anything is possible, especially in a rivalry game.

If Baylor runs the table, they'll claim wins over Okie State and Oklahoma, the only other 2 Big 12 teams likely to be ranked, and only Okie State is likely to be even top 15. We will have wins over Wisconsin and then likely Michigan State in the B1G CCG, 2 teams who are likely to be top 15. I don't see how you can say our resume isn't better.

I figured you were being an asshole, and as an asshole myself, I can respect that. This does seem like the perfect year for it, but it's still gonna be awesome next year.

If things play out like most people think they will, I'm just saying that there will be a debate, and each team would have a legit argument. But really, whether you're 3 or 4, you're going to the Rose Bowl regardless. It really won't matter at all unless FSU or Bama slip up, and if somehow they both slip up then it REALLY won't matter.

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If things play out like most people think they will, I'm just saying that there will be a debate, and each team would have a legit argument. But really, whether you're 3 or 4, you're going to the Rose Bowl regardless. It really won't matter at all unless FSU or Bama slip up, and if somehow they both slip up then it REALLY won't matter.

I want Bama vs FSU & Ohio State vs Oregon

I dont give a crap about the polls and look who is jumping Ohio State now BS

I want Ohio State to win out and go up against Oregon again in the Rose Bowl

Bama and FSU aint losing again this year

jlesho09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I say every time somebody makes this point, go ahead and look at Manziel's stats against the best defense he played last year (LSU).

29-56, 276 Yards, 0 TDs, 3 Ints., and 17 carries for 27 yards. That's a 25.8 QBR.

And he did this with a supporting cast that's about 10,000 times better Lynch's.

Manziel also beat Bama AT Bama last year, so that sort of makes up for it, don't you think? Lynch has had no such opportunities, and while that may not be his fault, that's the way the system works.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still holding out that the following happens:

MSU beats tOSU
Auburn beats Bama
Misery loses last game before SECG
Misery beats Auburn
OSU beats Baylor

My OD moment :)

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol::lol::laugh3::laugh3:

Rankings at the time of a win are irrelevant. By this logic, UCF has a top 10 win. LMAO get out of here dude, you are in way over your head.

Rankings at the time of the win are the ONLY thing that's relevant, otherwise there would BE NO RANKINGS in the middle of the year!

Stanford stayed in the top 5 with a loss to Utah BECAUSE they beat #2 at the time Oregon. If you can't grasp this, you don't know squat about college football.

This is obvious. And whether you like or respect Baylor or not does not change the FACT that if they win out they'll have beaten 2, TWO top 10 teams.

Get over it. Because the polls and BCS will be 'over' tOSU.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rankings at the time of the win are the ONLY thing that's relevant, otherwise there would BE NO RANKINGS in the middle of the year!

Stanford stayed in the top 5 with a loss to Utah BECAUSE they beat #2 at the time Oregon. If you can't grasp this, you don't know squat about college football.

This is obvious. And whether you like or respect Baylor or not does not change the FACT that if they win out they'll have beaten 2, TWO top 10 teams.

Wow. This may be the single most painfully stupid thing I have ever read on this site.

So you think OSU's win over Northwestern was more impressive than their win over Wisconsin?

Just wow.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. This may be the single most painfully stupid thing I have ever read on this site.

So you think OSU's win over Northwestern was more impressive than their win over Wisconsin?

Just wow.

No. I think you move up and down in the rankings based on who is ranked WHEN you play them. What, you don't think USC gets credit for beating a top 5 Stanford?

Let me guess, you think Clemson didn't move up for beating a top 5 Georgia? Rankings at the time you play MATTER. To say they don't is incredibly stupid.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you seriously refer to Oklahoma as a top ten team? I doubt even most Sooner fans think they're top ten material...

and yes, if Baylor wins @ Okie Lite then they have a better resume...

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait... So Northwestern WAS a quality win then?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you seriously refer to Oklahoma as a top ten team? I doubt even most Sooner fans think they're top ten material...

and yes, if Baylor wins @ Okie Lite then they have a better resume...

I never thought OU was top 10 to begin with......but they WERE ranked top 10......and because they lost to Baylor they dropped, and Baylor rose in the rankings. This is indisputable fact.