• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Huskers Bullshit Thread-Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shitty part about the whole situation is that there are potentially "victims" coming forward who weren't actually victims now........cuz they see an opportunity to make money

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on all levels of radio (local and national)

Since the start of the trial. Just alittle bit local radio and on national radio nothing that I have heard. Once the judgement comes down I bet it grows legs again.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the HuskerMax BBS - Everything you ever wanted to know about the Huskers - Will redshirts of 2008 pay off for 2012 Blackshirts?

Remember 2008? The way Bo Pelini finished his first season at Nebraska had Cornhusker fans at least as optimistic as Michigan fans must feel about Brady Hoke and the Wolverines right now.

The Huskers won six of their last seven games to finish 9-4 in Pelini’s first year as head coach, capped by a 26-21 win over Clemson in the Gator Bowl. It looked even better coming off a depressing 5-7 season under Bill Callahan in 2007.

Pelini did it with a lack of speed and athleticism on defense, especially the secondary. He gambled – and won – that he could redshirt most of his first recruiting class. Will there be a payoff four years later?

With Joe Ganz at quarterback distributing the ball to receivers Nate Swift, Mike McNeill and Todd Peterson, plus Roy Helu Jr. and Marlon Lucky providing sufficient punch in the running game, the 2008 Huskers had plenty of offense. But the defense suffered, especially early in the season.

Yes, Ndamukong Suh was a junior, and he had a lot of help on the d-line, but the back seven was shaky. The linebacking corps was mediocre at best (Phillip Dillard had his renaissance the following year – in 2009) and the secondary was leaky – Prince Amukamara and Alfonzo Dennard weren’t far enough along to make a difference yet.

Players who possibly could have given Nebraska a boost in 2008 – guys like Baker Steinkuhler, Will Compton, Sean Fisher and P.J. Smith – ended up redshirting. So did Alonzo Whaley and Courtney Osborne, who were selected co-MVPs of the scout team that fall.

It stands as one of Pelini’s best achievements in his first four years at Nebraska, wringing nine wins out of that 2008 team that allowed 28 points per game. That payoff needs to come in a big way this fall on a defense that will be short on star power but long on depth. The leadership should be there, but will anyone be able to make an explosive play?

Turnover margin has been a big problem for the Big Red. The Blackshirts were unable to get two takeaways per game in either 2010 or 2011. All eyes will be on quarterback Taylor Martinez this fall, and if the defense can’t get him a short field once in awhile, the pressure on Martinez and the Nebraska passing game will ratchet up exponentially. Martinez has been working on his throwing mechanics, but has not yet proven he’s a good enough passer to hit targets under duress (more on Martinez in another column).

Giving T-Mart a short field to work with once or twice a game would go a long way toward a Big Ten title. And even a few tackles for loss (NU rated 112th among all major college teams last fall) would be welcome. At the very least, it would help the Huskers get off the field on third down more often than in 2011, when they rated 64th in that category.

Meanwhile, Michigan came in at No. 68 in tackles for loss and No. 36 in third down defense. No wonder it felt like Hoke had Michigan playing more consistently in year one of his tenure than Pelini did Nebraska in year four of his.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get your DVR's ready...

B1G network is showing Nebraska for the next 3 days

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at what they're showing. I own all the 90's games and have seen them 500 billion times.

Seen 2010 missouri game at least 15-20 times.

Seen tOSU game at least 10 full times.

They're showing the Northwestern game. What the fuck. I have seen that game once and that's more than enough.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:couch2:Jed will be watching! Then he will be on the :ranger:. With more stats to drop on us.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the HuskerMax BBS - Everything you ever wanted to know about the Huskers - Will redshirts of 2008 pay off for 2012 Blackshirts?

The leadership should be there, but will anyone be able to make an explosive play?

Turnover margin has been a big problem for the Big Red. The Blackshirts were unable to get two takeaways per game in either 2010 or 2011. All eyes will be on quarterback Taylor Martinez this fall, and if the defense can’t get him a short field once in awhile, the pressure on Martinez and the Nebraska passing game will ratchet up exponentially. Martinez has been working on his throwing mechanics, but has not yet proven he’s a good enough passer to hit targets under duress (more on Martinez in another column).

Giving T-Mart a short field to work with once or twice a game would go a long way toward a Big Ten title. And even a few tackles for loss (NU rated 112th among all major college teams last fall) would be welcome. At the very least, it would help the Huskers get off the field on third down more often than in 2011, when they rated 64th in that category.

Meanwhile, Michigan came in at No. 68 in tackles for loss and No. 36 in third down defense. No wonder it felt like Hoke had Michigan playing more consistently in year one of his tenure than Pelini did Nebraska in year four of his.

........................................................ :think:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stool. open up the 50 k threads....they are all short like 500 plorsts now.

oooh.....that is why we didn't win the championship...we were using an ineligble plorster in RTID.

:L

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stool. open up the 50 k threads....they are all short like 500 plorsts now.

oooh.....that is why we didn't win the championship...we were using an ineligble plorster in RTID.

:L

LOL... those types of threads are :frusty: :burt:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... not a purchase I will be making.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is literally nothing harder than waxing a mustang.

What was supposed to be a 1 hour project has turned into a 3 hour ordeal.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's worth it........

Please tell me you use meguiars.......

I have a special black wax from a dealership that I get a deal on from a buddy. Otherwise it would be ridiculously expensive.

It's better than meguiars, but I do have a lot of meguiars product that I have used/use.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, lol- yeah the professional stuff is better.. Just most people can't get it or don't know where to get it or don't wanna spend that much.

Most places that have PPG paints have was better than meguiars but, most people buy their wax at a local auto parts store..

Status
Not open for further replies.