• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T'Official HNIC unintentional comedy thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I'm sure it's a thrill for the kids and to a lesser extent the community they are visiting, but it's not great tv for the rest of us.
That’s great for North Middlebuckford, Saskatchewan once a year but you have potential millions of viewers at home who would rather lick pure Wuhan from a subway pole than watch Ron’s stupid face talk about the pee wee team’s chase for 5th place in their league while a guy who once took an emergency shit in the nearby motel diner and played 40 games in the NHL back in the 80s sits alongside to weigh in on the good ol days where he lost 80% of his brain cells.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took my kids to the aldergrove/langley and burnaby stops over the past 5 years. Lots of fun for them. My daughter was very excited to get a picture “with the old guy who was coaching me at canucks learn to play” sessions that she did

old guy = kirk mclean lmao

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s great for North Middlebuckford, Saskatchewan once a year but you have potential millions of viewers at home who would rather lick pure Wuhan from a subway pole than watch Ron’s stupid face talk about the pee wee team’s chase for 5th place in their league while a guy who once took an emergency shit in the nearby motel diner and played 40 games in the NHL back in the 80s sits alongside to weigh in on the good ol days where he lost 80% of his brain cells.

That's it, close the intertubes for the day, that's the best thing I'm going to read all day lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took my kids to the aldergrove/langley and burnaby stops over the past 5 years. Lots of fun for them. My daughter was very excited to get a picture “with the old guy who was coaching me at canucks learn to play” sessions that she did

old guy = kirk mclean lmao

They were in Duncan a year ago (maybe two) and parked up shop at the Big Stick, I cruised by for five minutes, decided that was enough and left.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is awe shucks ronnies forte. They should just have him tour the country with the caravan and visit these communities and share the game with people.

Set up a fake set with fake cameras and let him think what hes saying is being broadcast across the nation and we”ll all be the better for it :noidea:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I'm sure it's a thrill for the kids and to a lesser extent the community they are visiting, but it's not great tv for the rest of us.

Yeah but I think there are probably a lot of things that are thrilling for little kids that I'm not pumped about having to pay for.

OK, there it is. Now let's see the punchlines, I'm ready for a good laugh :wink:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Make sure that you send out a picture and a Facebook warning about this subway pole! Do you remember where it was?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I just have Ron MacLean fatigue, I'm tired of seeing his mug on tv and if I could use a word to describe him, it would be phony. He had plenty of chances over the years to chastise Don Cherry and never said a word and only when public outcry was massive did he address it and even then, he did a piss poor job of it.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I just have Ron MacLean fatigue, I'm tired of seeing his mug on tv and if I could use a word to describe him, it would be phony. He had plenty of chances over the years to chastise Don Cherry and never said a word and only when public outcry was massive did he address it and even then, he did a piss poor job of it.

I very much doubt that he is but I think it would truly be hilarious if he was an arrogant prick off camera. I'd love to see a clip of him throwing coffee at a gofer or even sexually harassing his hairdresser or something, I would just die laughing.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I very much doubt that he is but I think it would truly be hilarious if he was an arrogant prick off camera. I'd love to see a clip of him throwing coffee at a gofer or even sexually harassing his hairdresser or something, I would just die laughing.

Honestly now that I think of it they should have done an ad like this years ago, where they yell "cut!" and Ron basically turns into Don and vice versa. Could have been funny if they did it well.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine refs in a league he plays in, said he seemed like a good guy.

A friend of mine owns a restaurant in downtown Oakville where Ron lives and told me he was a good tipper.

Make sure that you send out a picture and a Facebook warning about this subway pole! Do you remember where it was?
At this point I would probably just avoid public transit. Not only because of the virus but, other stuff. *points to 6ixBuzz instagram account*

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's from Alberta, so I have no doubt he's a good guy :D

/He calls Red Deer home, which is probably one of the worst places in Alberta

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend of mine refs in a league he plays in, said he seemed like a good guy.

A friend of mine owns a restaurant in downtown Oakville where Ron lives and told me he was a good tipper.

At this point I would probably just avoid public transit. Not only because of the virus but, other stuff. *points to 6ixBuzz instagram account*

Yeah but you could find many refs and restaurant owners/workers that would say similar things about me, I'm definitely not convinced yet :wink:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the risk of encouraging you, damn that made me laugh.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of encouraging you, damn that made me laugh.

The crazy thing is Saskatchewan is home to towns named Climax and Big Beaver, but I can't find a North Middlebuckford :D

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Yeah but you could find many refs and restaurant owners/workers that would say similar things about me, I'm definitely not convinced yet :wink:
restaurant owners yes, but I don't think I endeared myself to many referees.
I tended to play in the Rob Blake / Chris Pronger mentality.... if I just slash everybody, they can't possibly call them all.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
restaurant owners yes, but I don't think I endeared myself to many referees.
I tended to play in the Rob Blake / Chris Pronger mentality.... if I just slash everybody, they can't possibly call them all.
The law of big numbers can really work for you.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolores Claman, the woman behind the catchy tune that used to introduce CBC's Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts, has died at 94.

Claman's daughter Madeleine Morris said Saturday that her mother died in Spain this week, about two years after she was diagnosed with dementia.

"She was a good, ripe old age, and she had an incredible life," Morris told The Canadian Press. "I'm teary from time to time, but mostly I'm thankful she's in peace."

Claman was born in Vancouver and grew up with an opera singer for a mother. She had graduated from high school by 16 and later trained as a concert pianist at the Juilliard School in New York, said Morris.