• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His name is Morelli.

he actually answered a question, which was "isnt face guarding a foul?"

He said, "Face guarding is not a foul. It is a penalty in college, but not in professional football."

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such horse shit to pick up that flag and clearly turn things around, Detroit most likely wins if the correct call stands. If that isn't pass interference then I dont know what is.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no I don't think NFL games are fixed.

As bad as the call was, Detroit still shanked the punt and committed 2 obvious defensive penalties that aided the Boys GW TD drive

But they wouldn't have been in that position had the correct call stood. They'd have had first and ten at about the 30. Totally different circumstances.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only was that call BS but:

1) Dez Bryant running on the field screaming at the ref without his helmet on? That's 15 yards and it's DEAD obvious.

2) Williams getting up after the ref called no TD and literally pressing his helmet onto the face of the ref and yelling at him? Obvious 15 yards.

3) Cowboys holding the HELL out of the Lions line on that drive (even one where the RT was BLATANTLY holding - arm was wrapped around the neck and you could see him being pulled back) where they get a DEFENSIVE holding favoring them? Give me a break.

That last quarter of officiating was worse than pretty much every game I've ever seen. I really have never questioned if a game has been fixed (Seattle/Pitts wasn't even close to this and there was only one BS call which was illegal tackling by Matt Hasselbeck after he threw the pick lol) but this one I REALLY question it. IMO Romo still hasn't proven he can win a playoff game and overcome choking.

It's too bad for the Lions, but Green Bay will destroy you guys next week. There's no refs in the world that would piss off the Packers/Hawks fanbases IN their home stadium. They'd be killed on the way out.

Fortunately these refs had the protection from Jerry and the obvious pay off from their betting or Jerry himself. Either way Dallas was favored by 4 points, which is EXACTLY what the refs gifted them. Obviously money was involved by the officials.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such horse shit to pick up that flag and clearly turn things around, Detroit most likely wins if the correct call stands. If that isn't pass interference then I dont know what is.

from the most unbiased Cowboy fan :boink:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get people hate the Cowboys but let's stop acting like that was the only reason Dallas won.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually is.

In college it is not but face guarding is an automatic PI in the NFL even if you don't touch the WR/TE

just quoting this for posterity sake.

Tell me more about facegaurding not being illegal in CFB but how it is in the NFL. :pound:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a thread about this, I think kramer started a year or more ago. One of the articles in that thread actually made some fairly compelling arguments as to how the NFL could be fixed and why, how, and whom would benefit. It was well done, not just a tinfoil hat hackjob. I'll go back and try to find it.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/cincinnati-bengals/133457-nfl-rigged.html

Didn't remember it being that long. I don't feel like going all the way through that thread and figuring out what link I referenced. There is one in there though that was pretty interesting though :thumb:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: Thanks... it did not come down to one play at the 8:18 mark of 4th qtr.

Your team played well. Road playoff games are never easy and your defense had a pretty good day overall, even if they didn't hold late.

Tate was a beast in that first half.

Any game that ends with fans bitching on both sides of a debate about officiating was a great game. This was no exception.

I just love the idea that Seahawks fans are up on arms because they are worried. If that's all Dallas has they stand no chance next week. Not worried AT ALL about anything past that. Seattle still has their hands full this week introducing Cam to the Clink. One thing at a time.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well hell, my head hurts.

I enjoyed the game, despite the clusterf@#& of that play.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#@$^ off .... Don't doubt me boy... When it comes to fair play I"m as serious as a #@$^ heart attack..

Boy??? Fuck off???? :pound: How angry you are that the Cowboys won. You didn't kick the dog, did you?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way do I believe it's fixed...

Not fixed.. But corruption can happen.. One ref, one payoff... Even if the other refs aren't in on it... NFL or any pro sport for that matter HAS to watch that stuff closely... There is a lot of money involved here... Look at the NBA ... Ref actually came out and admitted it , he also implicated other refs and then recanted... Probably after his life was threatened...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. As long as the Ref picks one or the other, & most times they pick the defender over the offensive guy, when there is contact between them both. Right call or not, it will never be an offsetting penalty.

If I am a WR & I throw my defender to the ground, & he grabs my shirt & drags me down with him. I committed Pass Interference (if the ball is in the air) it isn't offsetting PIs

Please, show me in the rule book where there can't be offsetting pass interference on the same play. And yes, I have seen it called offsetting in college games and I'm pretty sure over the years that it has been called in NFL games as well. It's just not as common here. You're the one claiming that it's in the rule book that there can only be one PI call on the same play. Please cite this in the rule book or just move on.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep+fighting+this+thread+is+amazing+_0c854247b48b5303b7b62deb29daa57f.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, it happened in NBA because of money bets and we witnessed it tonight.

Dallas was going to go down with 10 or 7 with at most a chance to tie it and eek out a field goal win in OT (face it TDs just don't happen that often in OT) and the spread was 4 points, which is exactly what the refs got for them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team played well. Road playoff games are never easy and your defense had a pretty good day overall, even if they didn't hold late.

Tate was a beast in that first half.

Any game that ends with fans bitching on both sides of a debate about officiating was a great game. This was no exception.

I just love the idea that Seahawks fans are up on arms because they are worried. If that's all Dallas has they stand no chance next week. Not worried AT ALL about anything past that. Seattle still has their hands full this week introducing Cam to the Clink. One thing at a time.

I don't think anyone said it was because Sea fans are worried. I think the comments have all (or at least most) been about Seattle being upset because they don't like Dallas. But mostly, just that they are so upset in general for whatever reason.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think it can happen? Yes. You can call a penalty on damn near every play in a NFL game. So I could see it if the early TD's are called back. Detroit helped this conspiracy out by shooting themselves in the foot, shin and the fucking knee caps today.