• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made some jokes about it being fixed today, but from what I've seen over the course of this season it's pretty clear that the refs are, as a group, just completely inept at their jobs. It's just mind blowing how many big calls they can miss with how many of them are on the field and with the instant replay. Makes you wonder how we ever watched the game without replay in the past.

There is some discussion of being able to challenge everything. Not sure if it would work as it would maybe make the games longer. My first thought is not a great idea. But we have to make certain that bad officiating does not decide games. Especially in the playoffs. It has happened multiple times over the years and people lose jobs over it.

We also have to make sure that there is never an inkling or appearance of bias by the officials. I don't know how they do that but we have instant replay because of just this kind of poor officiating. So far it is not enough.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before today's Lions-Cowboys playoff game, I had never thought so. I am still not sure I think so.

But...we saw that the game 6 of the Sacramento-LA playoff series was in fact fixed according to Tim Donaghy, the official convicted of felonies relating to his relationship with bookies.

Could this happen in the NFL? Did we maybe just see it? Of course it would never be investigated...

Not always, I think most of the time it's fair... BUT corruption can happen and it has in the past... Refs should never be hanging out with teams and having dinner with owners... All it takes is one ref getting paid off and he can make that big call that changes a game ... Tonight something was up... It was effin obvious... If I was Green Bay I would be seriously getting on the leagues butt before there game with Dallas next week... Watching Chris Cristie's fat ass jumping around and the weird way that game was called near the end ... Something was up...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless if it was PI or not, a flag should've been thrown for sure, for Dez running onto the field w/out a helmet... No ifs, whens, or buts about it...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over that. Odell Beckham was fined after week 16 and 17 for having his helmet off to complain to a ref. Niether was flagged, both were fined.

It happens ALL THE TIME. Refs aren't looking for that, they are working on the actual game play and letting fines handle the sideline stuff.

Not complaining Ford, no need to start shit. Stating that is a rule since people are being schooled in here. Lions screwed up many chances elsewhere for that one play to be the issue.

So are you saying no need to throw flags on high hits and just let NYC send out fines come Monday? No need to have rules in place to not call it.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole thing was a mess, no doubt about it.

still does not change the fact that Detroit had multiple chances to take that game, and they didnt do it. Blown/missed calls happen in every game. Still dont really think that play warranted a flag. Once they threw the flag, if they were going to pick it up they owed everybody an explanation. Refs are refs, they've always been lacking.

Players make the plays to win the games.

Dallas made the plays to come back and win.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless if it was PI or not, a flag should've been thrown for sure, for Dez running onto the field w/out a helmet... No if, when, or buts about it...

and hardly ever is.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether this was a bad call or not the story here is how bad the Cowboys were in the first half and how they needed help to win (by that I mean mistakes by the Lions, not the refs you paranoid fuckers).

Good luck in GB next week if that's all they bring. That comeback won't be so easy in Lambo.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was sweet of Dez to do his best Jim Harbaugh impression.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually is.

In college it is not but face guarding is an automatic PI in the NFL even if you don't touch the WR/TE

no it's not.

just read the words of the head official of the game. Quote, "face guarding is not a penalty in the NFL. It is in college football, but not NFL."

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not complaining Ford, no need to start shit. Stating that is a rule since people are being schooled in here. Lions screwed up many chances elsewhere for that one play to be the issue.

So are you saying no need to throw flags on high hits and just let NYC send out fines come Monday? No need to have rules in place to not call it.

Not saying that at all, but plays not related to what is going on in the field of play aren't the top concern. Yeah it's against the rules. Pretty sure standing near the field is against the rules too, but you see coaches standing IN the field during plays like FG's.

Point being, if every rule were enforced perfectly the games would be 18 hours long and no play would ever stand.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way do I believe it's fixed...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether this was a bad call or not the story here is how bad the Cowboys were in the first half and how they needed help to win (by that I mean mistakes by the Lions, not the refs you paranoid fuckers).

Good luck in GB next week if that's all they bring. That comeback won't be so easy in Lambo.

:clap: Thanks... it did not come down to one play at the 8:18 mark of 4th qtr.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the guy claiming that it's against the rules to have both offensive and defensive pass interference on the same play. Burden of proof is on you. Please cite the rule book and I'll eat my words. And if it isn't the case then it looks like the ref decided to pick the Cowboys defender to get the pi call when they were both roughing each other up so that would have been a good call, right?
Right. As long as the Ref picks one or the other, & most times they pick the defender over the offensive guy, when there is contact between them both. Right call or not, it will never be an offsetting penalty.

If I am a WR & I throw my defender to the ground, & he grabs my shirt & drags me down with him. I committed Pass Interference (if the ball is in the air) it isn't offsetting PIs

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I question whether people even understand football. The ref knew the cowboys would decline the offensive pass interference penalty to force the punt. Knowing this he picked up the flag. Hitchens had textbook position and the receiver grabbed his face mask to prevent him from turning around and making the interception

After reading this you should question your knowledge of football.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a thread about this, I think kramer started a year or more ago. One of the articles in that thread actually made some fairly compelling arguments as to how the NFL could be fixed and why, how, and whom would benefit. It was well done, not just a tinfoil hat hackjob. I'll go back and try to find it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams hardly do it... Not that blatantly anyways...

I'll go back to Beckahm Jr. Week 17, takes his helmet off over a no call and slams it on the ground. No flag. Fined. As clear to the ref as could be, but not called.

Two instances that are just as blatant, both with the same result.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no it's not.

just read the words of the head official of the game. Quote, "face guarding is not a penalty in the NFL. It is in college football, but not NFL."

pssst, he doesn't know what he is talking about and most people know that.