• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was clearly a classic face guarding penalty, defensive pass interference. If you want to argue that that was a face mask before the ball got there, well, then it should have been offsetting penalties as noted. That's not what was called. Instead the refs picked up the flag with no explanation--and looked the other way about the fact that Dez Bryant, an offensive player, had stepped way out on the field to argue with them. Extremely sketchy situation.

dezappears.0.gif

Face guarding is not interference. Must be contact

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think NFL games could be fixed?

Before today's Lions-Cowboys playoff game, I had never thought so. I am still not sure I think so.

But...we saw that the game 6 of the Sacramento-LA playoff series was in fact fixed according to Tim Donaghy, the official convicted of felonies relating to his relationship with bookies.

Could this happen in the NFL? Did we maybe just see it? Of course it would never be investigated...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no. You can have both offensive and defensive pass interference on the same play. An example of that is the receiver pushing off on the opponents face mask and then the defender runs him over, kind of like what happened on that play. Offsetting. Down should have been replayed.

only way to have offsetting Pi calls is if it happened in two different areas.
What you are explaining it would be PI on the 1st guy initiating contact. Not on both players. Impossible to have PI on both of those players in this example. One or the other.

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't for a second think that is how most Cowboy fans think.

Yes he actually did grab Hitchens face mask first and one of the replays caught it if you rewatch it - the one from the end zone. But, it was explained properly that two things must happen for it to be a penalty: no attempt at the ball and contact with the receiver and this is why it WAS pass interference. I said in another thread that I think what happened was that when he put his hands up at the end and at the very end wasn't making contact that one of the refs used this as a reason to incorrectly over turn the call because he didn't see the contact. The weird thing is now everyone is acting like he totally mauled him, which he did not.

DUDE....! Are you blind. He knocked the guy down. But really, I am not a Lion's fan and the Cowgirls are going to get handed their spleen in GB. So who cares, expect maybe Jerry who is writing all those payoff checks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't for a second think that is how most Cowboy fans think.

Yes he actually did grab Hitchens face mask first and one of the replays caught it if you rewatch it - the one from the end zone. But, it was explained properly that two things must happen for it to be a penalty: no attempt at the ball and contact with the receiver and this is why it WAS pass interference. I said in another thread that I think what happened was that when he put his hands up at the end and at the very end wasn't making contact that one of the refs used this as a reason to incorrectly over turn the call because he didn't see the contact. The weird thing is now everyone is acting like he totally mauled him, which he did not.

Oops didn't see the video posted. Yup, that's the angle, but the obvious bump by the defender was more severe and just the way they call it in the NFL. Like I said it really wasn't a bad interference by Hitchens and I don't think it would have been a big deal if not called. It was just the fact that they picked up the flag and picked it up so late that makes it a kind of bizarre play.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually are glad you won. But when its a gift from the officials it destroys people's trust in the league.

Like having a TD called for you when an INT should have been called?

But that was ok, at the time but THIS...man THIS is a fix!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only way to have offsetting Pi calls is if it happened in two different areas.
What you are explaining it would be PI on the 1st guy initiating contact. Not on both players. Impossible to have PI on both of those players in this example. One or the other.

No, when two guys are both committing pass interference on the same play they can both be flagged for pass interference. Receiver pushed off the face mask to get separation. That's offensive pass interference. The defender then ran right into the receivers body. That's defensive pass interference.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they keep deciding games with obviously biased officiating, it will become a huge issue and could bring the whole thing down. Imagine an owner with a ton of money just starting his own investigation. What happens when a few other owners get on the same bandwagon. People will go to prison. The NFL has to make some changes real soon.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny.

Just be thankful the refs helped you win but don't think for a second you get the same help in Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers is the poster boy for the NFL.

If he just turns his head it is a no call. For some reason they decide to call it differently today than they have all season.

Good win for Dallas.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like having a TD called for you when an INT should have been called?

But that was ok, at the time but THIS...man THIS is a fix!

Damn your faster than me...plus I screwed up the link...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was contact as well.

Agree, was just responding to what you wrote where you said it was classic face guarding since that is not PI.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is all the proof you need that Dallas fans know they got a gift. If it wasn't a major deal, no thread.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was clearly a classic face guarding penalty, defensive pass interference. If you want to argue that that was a face mask before the ball got there, well, then it should have been offsetting penalties as noted. That's not what was called. Instead the refs picked up the flag with no explanation--and looked the other way about the fact that Dez Bryant, an offensive player, had stepped way out on the field to argue with them. Extremely sketchy situation.

dezappears.0.gif

face guarding is NOT a penalty in the NFL.

it is in college football.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, when two guys are both committing pass interference on the same play they can both be flagged for pass interference. Receiver pushed off the face mask to get separation. That's offensive pass interference. The defender then ran right into the receivers body. That's defensive pass interference.

I wish you could tell when a receiver & a defender were both called for offsetting PIs, because it has never happened.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of bitches getting schooled on rules in here :pop2:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I question whether people even understand football. The ref knew the cowboys would decline the offensive pass interference penalty to force the punt. Knowing this he picked up the flag. Hitchens had textbook position and the receiver grabbed his face mask to prevent him from turning around and making the interception

I do agree he grabbed the face mask. He still had his hand on the shoulder before that.

The part you do not say since you are talking correct calls is Dez on the field one during a defensive series and without a helmet. So I do understand football rather good. Seen three wrong calls on the same play there.

Before you say I am butthurt about refs. Need to see other posts from me. I have not gone there at all.