• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- during PSU @ MSU commercial breaks (what, you don't have a remote? hahaha)

Not just Trice, the whole squad looked like a bunch of excited kids on a playground - each trying to show off for the big guy how much they'd learned while he was gone. Payne always 'lumbers' down the floor, but limping (or favoring) wasn't noticeable at all last night.

And I must have been much less 'anxious' about the team last night...my dog is usually in-my-face worrying about all those fear pheromones I'm usually spewing...last night he didn't bother me at all (I took that as the best omen of all that things were on the upswing.)

:suds:

I laughed out loud at work. Awesome

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this week, Big Ten Network asked seven Big Ten sportswriters: "If you had the first overall pick in a Big Ten draft, who would you select?"
five out of seven said Michigan State’s Gary Harris

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game Nitts...
That was the 7th game in a row that 2 of Sparty's 5 starters did not play (Appling and Dawson).
Was good to see Payne lumbering down the court...was great to see Kaminski draining treys all night...Valentine continues to improve...Trice ran a decent point...Izzo showed class putting the scrubs in for the last 3½ minutes (was sweet seeing Wetzel's 3-ptr at the end - kid averages 30sec/game.)

here's how a Pennsylvania paper described it:
"MSU won in a laugher, 82-67...the Penn State bigs were destroyed...MSU swarmed over the Lions like a hive in attack mode. The Spartans dominated PSU on the glass, got lots of open 3-pointers and hit 12 of them"

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
up next for Mich State and Michigan
Sat: Michigan at Iowa, ESPN
Sun: Michigan State at Wisconsin, CBS

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this week, Big Ten Network asked seven Big Ten sportswriters: "If you had the first overall pick in a Big Ten draft, who would you select?"
five out of seven said Michigan State’s Gary Harris

those two incompetents should be found and fired forthwith!
go push ink for the AAC or something.

:becky:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers got screwed on a couple of awful calls but whatever neither team really deserved that. Team in free fall now.

sets up a big game for both Indiana and Minnesota when they face off at Minnesota tomorrow night on the Big Ten Network

Big Ten Network:
"The Minnesota Gophers have now lost three consecutive games to inferior competition (Nebraska, Nortwestern, Purdue) by a combined eight points. This unfortunate stretch could very well come back to haunt Minnesota on Selection Sunday"

Yahoo Sports:
"Minnesota had been cruising toward an NCAA tournament bid before dropping three straight to Nebraska, Northwestern and Purdue. Indiana desperately needs to prove it can win on the road to reach the NCAA tournament."

Indiana blog Inside The Hall:
"this is a huge three-game stretch on the horizon for Indiana and the (Minnesota) game that tips it off on Saturday may be the biggest of the three... From the Minnesota angle, this is probably a must win if they hope to finish .500 or better in league play"

Indiana blog The Crimson Quarry
"this one (at Minnesota) could be monumental... a win in this game could be Indiana inside the bubble... The Hoosiers really need to scrap out a win here... this is the game that can get them over the hump in terms of tournament resumes."

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sat: Nebraska at Northwestern (ESPNU)

If Nebraska wins, they will get their first Big Ten road win in over a year (last was Jan 19, 2013 at Penn State). The Cornhuskers are 2-21 in Big Ten road games since joining the B1G

If Northwestern wins, they will have won 6 of their last 8 as well as 5 of their last 6 in Big Ten play and be above .500 in Big Ten play for the first time since 2003-04.....a decade ago

By winning their last game (at Minnesota), Northwestern has now won three consecutive Big Ten road games for the first time since 1960.....54 years ago (Northwestern's current 3-game Big Ten road win streak was at Indiana, at Wisconsin, at Minnesota)

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sets up a big game for both Indiana and Minnesota when they face off at Minnesota tomorrow night on the Big Ten Network

Big Ten Network:
"The Minnesota Gophers have now lost three consecutive games to inferior competition (Nebraska, Nortwestern, Purdue) by a combined eight points. This unfortunate stretch could very well come back to haunt Minnesota on Selection Sunday"

Yahoo Sports:
"Minnesota had been cruising toward an NCAA tournament bid before dropping three straight to Nebraska, Northwestern and Purdue. Indiana desperately needs to prove it can win on the road to reach the NCAA tournament."

Indiana blog Inside The Hall:
"this is a huge three-game stretch on the horizon for Indiana and the (Minnesota) game that tips it off on Saturday may be the biggest of the three... From the Minnesota angle, this is probably a must win if they hope to finish .500 or better in league play"

Indiana blog The Crimson Quarry
"this one (at Minnesota) could be monumental... a win in this game could be Indiana inside the bubble... The Hoosiers really need to scrap out a win here... this is the game that can get them over the hump in terms of tournament resumes."

Our slim tourny hopes rest on this game, we win, we have a shot. We lose, hello NIT.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw this out there right now.. GR3 shouldn't be a first round pick anymore.. He has been trash in EVERY big game.. When the stakes are high, he plays like shit.. Period point blank..

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Vonleh in foul trouble we played a good half, everyone played well. Only up by 6 though, let's see if we can hold this lead after blowing a much bigger one at Nebraska.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck of a game Indiana/Minnesota

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a big game for both teams. Going to be a intense finish.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you gotta call a timeout on that. The game was basically over. Now we got ourselves a new game.

Awesome to see Rick Pitino cheering harder than anyone in the stands.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad. Tom Crean won't be the coach at IU in two years, he just can't make halftime adjustments. Have seen it in many games this year(and by this year I mean the last six years). Especially in the past two, Nebraska, northwestern, and minny(getting outcoached by those schools? Ouch). Hoosier nation is sick of it.

Great recruiter, terrible in game. A halfway decent in game coach raises a banner with last years team.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad. Tom Crean won't be the coach at IU in two years, he just can't make halftime adjustments. Have seen it in many games this year. Especially in the past two, Nebraska and minny. Hoosier nation is sick of it.

lol you're telling me. Marquette's my number 1 team(gopher hockey fan that's what's with the logo) and we were sick of his act for a while. The man can recruit no doubt but he is a straight up tool when it comes to the coaching. Been funny seeing how more and more IU fans are realizing the same thing.

Anyways, great game. Both teams really needed it. Wasn't quite do or die but both needed it. Indiana is a little farther down on the bubble and could use the road win but the gophers could not go 4 straight L's and 4-7.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this previously, but Carver Hawkeye is becoming one of the best home court advantages in the Big Ten, if not the country. Was going to be an uphill climb for Michigan, but I didn't think it would be that lopsided.

As a Badger fan, I really don't have much in the way of sympathy for Tom Crean. I just am constantly amazed that, that man probably couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. He got so lucky with Dwayne Wade and Cody Zeller. It's amazing that he hasn't had more success with the talent he's been bringing in at Indiana.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Badger fan, I really don't have much in the way of sympathy for Tom Crean. I just am constantly amazed that, that man probably couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. He got so lucky with Dwayne Wade and Cody Zeller. It's amazing that he hasn't had more success with the talent he's been bringing in at Indiana.

Shit don't forget the 3 amigos he brought in at Marquette. It took until he was gone that Wesley Matthews truly blossomed. Buzz realized how to use Matthews and well...you know the story.

Granted they were all finally seniors at the time but Buzz immediately had them as one of the best teams in the country until the Dom James injury that ruined a fantastic team. Still kills me what could have been.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit don't forget the 3 amigos he brought in at Marquette. It took until he was gone that Wesley Matthews truly blossomed. Buzz realized how to use Matthews and well...you know the story.

Granted they were all finally seniors at the time but Buzz immediately had them as one of the best teams in the country until the Dom James injury that ruined a fantastic team. Still kills me what could have been.

It was a foot injury to James, right? Still too bad Wes Matthews had to leave Madison, and Vander Blue(should have stayed for his senior year) never could have stayed in Madison. I've built a respect for Buzz Williams, he gets max effort from his teams, even if they are offensively challenged like they are this year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a foot injury to James, right? Still too bad Wes Matthews had to leave Madison, and Vander Blue(should have stayed for his senior year) never could have stayed in Madison. I've built a respect for Buzz Williams, he gets max effort from his teams, even if they are offensively challenged like they are this year.

Yeah broke his foot in the top 10 showdown vs UConn. Team spiraled to a 6 seed after and lost the heartbreaker to Mizzou. Replay that tourney 3 years later and MU might win every game by 15.

Nice to see you are not one of those Badgers fans that claims they wouldn't want Vander. The dummy should have stayed though.

Most Buzz teams are not offensively challenged but to call them that this year is an understatement. The guy is stubborn but he's earned it. You play hard in practice, you play. Sadly for this year it's lead to having the worst starting backcourt ive ever seen.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol you're telling me. Marquette's my number 1 team(gopher hockey fan that's what's with the logo) and we were sick of his act for a while. The man can recruit no doubt but he is a straight up tool when it comes to the coaching. Been funny seeing how more and more IU fans are realizing the same thing.

Anyways, great game. Both teams really needed it. Wasn't quite do or die but both needed it. Indiana is a little farther down on the bubble and could use the road win but the gophers could not go 4 straight L's and 4-7.

Don't talk too much. IU fans have always known this, but the sanctions and recruiting classes have had us live with it. Ain't like Marquette is better this year.

And Cuse spanked both teams last tourny.