• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't talk too much. IU fans have always known this, but the sanctions and recruiting classes have had us live with it. Ain't like Marquette is better this year.

And Cuse spanked both teams last tourny.

What do you mean don't talk to much? I was just saying that IU fans are seeing what Marquette fans have always seen. It was simple fact. As long as Buzz could recruit, the team was going to be better off. Guess what? It has.

When your top 50 PG ends up redshirting and your best player inexplicably bails for Israli pastures, you are due for a rare down year.

Take that back, not a good game. Glad you clowns lost.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean don't talk to much? I was just saying that IU fans are seeing what Marquette fans have always seen. It was simple fact. As long as Buzz could recruit, the team was going to be better off. Guess what? It has.

When your top 50 PG ends up redshirting and your best player inexplicably bails for Israli pastures, you are due for a rare down year.

Take that back, not a good game. Glad you clowns lost.

NDHoosier101 said:
IU fans have always known this, but the sanctions and recruiting classes have had us live with it.

Anyway, best of luck to Marquette with Luke Fisher, kid is going to turn out to be a solid player. Y'all have always been butthurt towards IU since we took Crean, and I get it, but it's silly to speculate about what our fanbase knows or doesn't know about our head coach.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, best of luck to Marquette with Luke Fisher, kid is going to turn out to be a solid player. Y'all have always been butthurt towards IU since we took Crean, and I get it, but it's silly to speculate about what our fanbase knows or doesn't know about our head coach.

Thing is, I wasn't speculating. I've spoken with IU fans, I've seen IU boards. IU fans have been on MU boards, Gopher boards. They have all said the same thing. Heck, you said the same thing and all I said was that I knew your pain. Nobody is butt hurt to IU at least most fans I know. Two teams never cross paths. Just don't get the "talk to much" or "Marquette aint doing better comments". I said what you said, and didn't bash Indiana.

But yeah, would love for Fischer to work out. Gonna need him immediately starting second semester next year. Were graduating both centers.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, I wasn't speculating. I've spoken with IU fans, I've seen IU boards. IU fans have been on MU boards, Gopher boards. They have all said the same thing. Heck, you said the same thing and all I said was that I knew your pain. Nobody is butt hurt to IU at least most fans I know. Two teams never cross paths. Just don't get the "talk to much" or "Marquette aint doing better comments". I said what you said, and didn't bash Indiana.

But yeah, would love for Fischer to work out. Gonna need him immediately starting second semester next year. Were graduating both centers.

I've just never seen/heard IU fans...anyone claim Crean is a good in game coach and I've seen a ton of Golden Eagle fans on IU boards claiming they're better off without him...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just never seen/heard IU fans...anyone claim Crean is a good in game coach and I've seen a ton of Golden Eagle fans on IU boards claiming they're better off without him...

Well we are lol.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame Tom Crean is such a far cry from his mentor Izzo in coaching..

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody that thinks any team will run the table in this conference doesn't know jack diddly squat about college basketball.

Michigan is still in control of their own destiny but unless they bring their "A" game against every opponent from here on out, they will lose.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this previously, but Carver Hawkeye is becoming one of the best home court advantages in the Big Ten, if not the country. Was going to be an uphill climb for Michigan, but I didn't think it would be that lopsided.

Michigan perimeter defense has been dismal for most of the season. Combine that without the inability to shoot consistently and/or dominate in the paint and it spells disaster for the Wolverines. A deep run in the Tourney is highly unlikely unless Michigan shoots lights out. I still think they have an Elite 8 ceiling and probably end up co-B1G Champs with Sparty, at best.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan perimeter defense has been dismal for most of the season. Combine that without the inability to shoot consistently and/or dominate in the paint and it spells disaster for the Wolverines. A deep run in the Tourney is highly unlikely unless Michigan shoots lights out. I still think they have an Elite 8 ceiling and probably end up co-B1G Champs with Sparty, at best.

The win over Michigan and the MSU loss to Wisky renews my slim slim hopes that Iowa can win a share of the B10. Probably need to win out since 4 losses is probably the max youre going to see from either MSU or Michigan though. At the start of the year I had us at 12-6 and 23-8 overall so Im feeling pretty good about that pick right now.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The win over Michigan and the MSU loss to Wisky renews my slim slim hopes that Iowa can win a share of the B10. Probably need to win out since 4 losses is probably the max youre going to see from either MSU or Michigan though. At the start of the year I had us at 12-6 and 23-8 overall so Im feeling pretty good about that pick right now.

Sparty will need to dump a couple games (Michigan will lose one or two more) but Iowa is the 2nd best team in the B1G, IMO . I could see MSU losing at Crisler and maybe at Ohio State or to Iowa in EL. All three games should be tough for Sparty.

Iowa really shot themselves in the foot with those close losses, but they look focused now.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to get a big win over Michigan State today. It's funny, the stuff that frustrates me about Trae Jackson is what won us that game yesterday. Appling and Dawson not playing was important. But, I think getting a win regardless of who was or wasn't playing was huge for the Badgers. There's not much time left in Ben Brust's career, he's got to start playing with a little urgency. If he starts hitting shots it only improves are floor spacing. Josh Gasser was huge on Gary Harris. The defense showed a little improvement, which makes me excited that this young team is showing some growth.

I'm going to say it, Nigel Hayes should win conference freshman of the year, but he probably won't. I'm going to guess it goes to Noah Vonleh.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK how you can say Hayes should win. I think Vonleh is pretty clear cut the winner here. Hayes is going to be a fantastic player though no doubt.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appling and Dawson not playing was important. Josh Gasser was huge on Gary Harris.

It was a good win for Bucky.
Yes re: Appling & Dawson...Yes re: Gasser-on-Harris (give the kid credit for holding the conference's leading scorer to 3-of-20 - although Harris clunked a bunch of wide open shots.)

I'd be satisfied if MSU goes 4-3 to finish the season 24-7/13-5...if MSU loses in the 2nd round of the B1G...if MSU cops a 6-seed or higher. It doesn't matter if the team is whole again by tourney time.

Appling might be back by @MICHIGAN (23FEB); Dawson might be back by @OSU (09MAR) and the B1G tourney. If Harris, Trice, Valentine & (especially) Payne can stay healthy & improve...???...Appling & Payne will NOT be the first 4-year players in Izzo's 19 years to NOT to have reached the Final Four.

go green!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan still looking strong.. Are they a top 2 lock in the B1G?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todays Big 10 Schedule

Indiana and Nebraska fight to stay out of the cellar.

Penn St @ Indiana (7:00 PM ET) BTN

Penn State (3-8)(12-12)
Indiana......(4-6)(14-9)

Illinois at Nebraska (9:00 PM ET) BTN

Illinois.... (3-8)(14-12)
Nebraska (4-6)(12-10)

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todays Big 10 Schedule

Indiana and Nebraska fight to stay out of the cellar.

Penn St @ Indiana (7:00 PM ET) BTN

Penn State (3-8)(12-12)
Indiana......(4-6)(14-9)

Illinois at Nebraska (9:00 PM ET) BTN

Illinois.... (3-8)(14-12)
Nebraska (4-6)(12-10)

Liking the Hoosiers and Nebrasketball tonight.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan still looking strong.. Are they a top 2 lock in the B1G?

Lock is a strong word but they would need to fall apart to finish really any lower than at least a tie for second IMO. I mean they have a 2 game lead on 3rd with only 7 games left and the UM schedule isnt that tough the rest of the way. This is where I wish Iowa wouldnt have had to play MSU, Michigan, OSU, Wisky, Minnesota 2 x each. Our 1 game match ups were PSU ( last place ), Purdue ( 10th place ), Nebraska ( 9th place ) and Indiana ( 9th place )

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liking the Hoosiers and Nebrasketball tonight.

I hope you are right on Nebraska. I would really like to see Nebraska end up 7th at worse in the Big 10 this season and get an NIT bid. It would show a great amount of growth.

These are actually the type of games where you think Nebraska can take the next step, only to have your heart ripped out.