• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny @ Purdue heading into the third overtime. :pop2:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never before has watching Badger basketball felt like a chore, but it is now. I don't think we can beat Illinois tomorrow, there's a lot wrong with this team and I have faith in Coach Ryan but at the moment I'm not sure there's anyone on this team with the confidence to step up in a game and say I'm going to make a play and but this basketball team on my back. The closest thing is Nigel Hayes but he doesn't finish at the free throw line.

I'm not worried about making this team making the NCAA tournament. But, the tourney run will be over that first weekend if this kind of play continues. Which is sad because there's a great deal of talent on this roster.

in the end, i think this simply goes to show that: if you don't buy into playing defense, it really doesn't matter how talented you are offensively. This is the first team in the Bo Ryan era that I have ever watched that simply doesn't compete on the defensive end like we all have come to expect from Wisky.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no MWC thread, so i will post here since I already was in this thread

SDSU on the ropes, down 3 @ Boise St (who just let a 14 point lead slip away and then came back to grab the lead!) with 1:16 left. Hell of a game!

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOD DAMN I HOPE I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WATCHING THAT!!!!

3 WITH 4 SECONDS LEFT TO TAKE THE TWO POINT LEAD FOR SDSU!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers got screwed on a couple of awful calls but whatever neither team really deserved that. Team in free fall now.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gophers got screwed on a couple of awful calls but whatever neither team really deserved that. Team in free fall now.

Have to admit this speaks well for my "mid to bottom of the BIG is highly overrated" point.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to admit this speaks well for my "mid to bottom of the BIG is highly overrated" point.

lol in the last two weeks you have basically called every team that's lost overrated in some way.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol in the last two weeks you have basically called every team that's lost overrated in some way.

That's true, but you haven't said if you disagree with me or not...

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I think you are right, maybe overrated is the wrong word, I think it's just clear that there isn't THAT much difference between the middle to bottom of the BIG, b12, PAC, and ACC. There is more depth for sure

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU hosts PSU tonight at 9pm.
PSU is riding a 3-game streak...now 3-6 in conference.
MSU is coasting while convalescing, probably pissed about GTown...8-1.
Payne might see some time tonight...hasn't played last 7 games...since 07JAN/OSU.

<enter: Izzo's 4-man transition game>

:noidea:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU hosts PSU tonight at 9pm.
PSU is riding a 3-game streak...now 3-6 in conference.
MSU is coasting while convalescing, probably pissed about GTown...8-1.
Payne might see some time tonight...hasn't played last 7 games...since 07JAN/OSU.

<enter: Izzo's 4-man transition game>

:noidea:

I see this as a "take your frustration out" game a la Nebraska - Michigan last night. I like what Chambers is doing at Penn State but that team will be "running lines" tomorrow.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought that was the best officiated game of the B1G season, the refs didn't decide the game.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you surf on the Dead Sea?

I see this as a "take your frustration out" game a la Nebraska - Michigan last night. I like what Chambers is doing at Penn State but that team will be "running lines" tomorrow.

I wish. But it'll probably be closer to the Spartan 'norm' this year - brief ripples of championship talent smothered in lumbering sets of Sargasso swells - with results that impress nobody except W-L stat nerds.

Your skunkbears impress...sumbitches gots no compunction in torqueing the axes they slam into other teams...confident psycho-killers. (we'll cure you of that in a couple of weeks.)

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game Nitts...
That was the 7th game in a row that 2 of Sparty's 5 starters did not play (Appling and Dawson).
Was good to see Payne lumbering down the court...was great to see Kaminski draining treys all night...Valentine continues to improve...Trice ran a decent point...Izzo showed class putting the scrubs in for the last 3½ minutes (was sweet seeing Wetzel's 3-ptr at the end - kid averages 30sec/game.)

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching MSU destroy Penn State last night causes one to ask; how did Ohio State lose to that team; AT HOME???? With Payne back in the line up; IMO, MSU will run the BIG TEN table.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game Nitts...
That was the 7th game in a row that 2 of Sparty's 5 starters did not play (Appling and Dawson).
Was good to see Payne lumbering down the court...was great to see Kaminski draining treys all night...Valentine continues to improve...Trice ran a decent point...Izzo showed class putting the scrubs in for the last 3½ minutes (was sweet seeing Wetzel's 3-ptr at the end - kid averages 30sec/game.)

H2S I didn't see the game last night since UA was on, but how did you feel about the difference in the "feel" of the team with Appling out vs. Payne. Seems like Trice did a good job filling in?

Did Payne look ok running up the floor or was there a noticeable limp? Plantar fasciitis is worst in the mornings for sure, but I can't imagine playing in a CBB game with it....dude is one tough motherfucker

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Columbus Dispatch today (columnist Ray Stein):

Cupcakes not the proper diet

It’s official: Ohio State is snakebit. I’ve never seen a team go from a No. 1 seed to (an NCAA tournament) bubble team so quickly, and I’ve been watching OSU basketball since Bobby Knight was riding the bench.

The so-called basketball experts say that the OSU men’s basketball team fell from a 15-0 start to 16-5 due to the weak nonconference schedule they play. The same can be said for the football team.

With this in mind, will Thad Matta ever play a tougher schedule like, say, Michigan State does? I agree with those who say that a tougher nonconference schedule better prepares you for your conference. This goes not only for the basketball program, but the football program, as well.

I believe if the OSU football program played a tougher schedule, it would have better prepared them to play Michigan State (B1G CG) and Clemson (Orange Bowl).

FOOTBALL: I agree that I would like to see some tougher opponents on the schedule, but they have tried to schedule some tier one teams: Miami(FL), Texas & USC just to name a few. Vandy should have been on the schedule this past year but they backed out. This is just the way football is. It's not going to be easy to get those top teams to play you because one loss means you're likely not playing for the NC.

BASKETBALL: Duke and Mich. State play the hardest non-conf schedules I've seen. I wish we'd do more of this, but I've heard Matta state before that it's not to our advantage when it come to recruiting to do that. I guess I trust him on this, but watching some of those pre-conf games is not much fun.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ORE @ AZ was a terrific game...I'm glad I watched it

- during PSU @ MSU commercial breaks (what, you don't have a remote? hahaha)

H2S I didn't see the game last night since UA was on, but how did you feel about the difference in the "feel" of the team with Appling out vs. Payne. Seems like Trice did a good job filling in?

Did Payne look ok running up the floor or was there a noticeable limp? Plantar fasciitis is worst in the mornings for sure, but I can't imagine playing in a CBB game with it....dude is one tough motherfucker

Not just Trice, the whole squad looked like a bunch of excited kids on a playground - each trying to show off for the big guy how much they'd learned while he was gone. Payne always 'lumbers' down the floor, but limping (or favoring) wasn't noticeable at all last night.

And I must have been much less 'anxious' about the team last night...my dog is usually in-my-face worrying about all those fear pheromones I'm usually spewing...last night he didn't bother me at all (I took that as the best omen of all that things were on the upswing.)

:suds: