• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I had my doubts with this Badger team. When you lose 4 starting players in one season 2 that went to the NBA and a total of 3 seniors and your head coach that's made this program a top ten program for the last 15 years it's difficult to believe they can still have success. The transition period to the new coach was rough but we seemed to have weathered the storm after winning 5 in a row including the two best teams in the BIG 10. We're now in 6th place and will probably end up in 5th place when it's over. I believe beating the teams we're supposed to beat will get us a 9-10 seed in the tournament. With another win over MSU or another ranked BIG team combined with a good showing in the BIG tournament we could potentially end up with a 7 seed.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing bad on the road against a bad team, need this win. Game is boring as hell.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense we play is straight up embarrassing. System belongs at some D2 school. If they don't fire Crean at the end of this season....

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I had my doubts with this Badger team. When you lose 4 starting players in one season 2 that went to the NBA and a total of 3 seniors and your head coach that's made this program a top ten program for the last 15 years it's difficult to believe they can still have success. The transition period to the new coach was rough but we seemed to have weathered the storm after winning 5 in a row including the two best teams in the BIG 10. We're now in 6th place and will probably end up in 5th place when it's over. I believe beating the teams we're supposed to beat will get us a 9-10 seed in the tournament. With another win over MSU or another ranked BIG team combined with a good showing in the BIG tournament we could potentially end up with a 7 seed.
I like Wisconsin basketball but you guys need to do more than just win the ones you're supposed to. Gotta get at least and maybe 2 road wins vs upper tier teams. Too many bad losses to just win the ones you're supposed to

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad loss for IU. Back up their best win so far with a stinker. Probably looking ahead to Iowa. Hopefully my guys don't do the same at Illinois tomorrow

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. If we win the ones we are supposed to but lose the four we aren't, we would be the most bubblicious of bubble teams and the best case scenario would be a First Four berth without a B1G tourney upset. With a win in one of those four, we would probably be a 10 seed. It is pretty tough to imagine a 19-12 plus B1G tourney Badger team getting a 7 seed.

2. Indiana is the fifth best team. It's pretty clear that Iowa, Maryland, and MSU are the best three in some order, Purdue is #4, Indiana is #5, Michigan and Us are 6 and 7, OSU is #8, Northwestern is #9, and everyone else sucks. There is a pretty clear hierarchy.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan looked shitty today :L.... MSU will probably make it to the FF this March with the way they are playing. IU just lost to PSU, that's sad

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. If we win the ones we are supposed to but lose the four we aren't, we would be the most bubblicious of bubble teams and the best case scenario would be a First Four berth without a B1G tourney upset. With a win in one of those four, we would probably be a 10 seed. It is pretty tough to imagine a 19-12 plus B1G tourney Badger team getting a 7 seed.

2. Indiana is the fifth best team. It's pretty clear that Iowa, Maryland, and MSU are the best three in some order, Purdue is #4, Indiana is #5, Michigan and Us are 6 and 7, OSU is #8, Northwestern is #9, and everyone else sucks. There is a pretty clear hierarchy.
Honestly one of the biggest games left on the B10 schedule is Michigan at Wisconsin. Michigan has the better resume now but Wisconsin at home SHOULD win that game. That's a maje ir break for both teams imo. It's going to be tough for Wisky to win any of those 4 tough ones but it won't matter if they lose to Michigan

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Maryland play a team called Bowie State this week?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the worst B1G in quite some time. Honestly, at this point there are only 4 deserving NCAAT teams. Michigan is 2-6 against the top 50 and 3-7 against the top 100. That's pretty bad for an at large resume. Indiana has only played TWO games against the top 50 and they are 1-1. They now have three bad losses compared to their ONE good win. Wisconsin is the one team that has decent wins(VCU, Syracuse, MSU), but that's outweighed by some atrocious losses(WIU, UW-Milwaukee) and other bad losses(NW, Marquette).

Given schedule, I don't expect Michigan to make the NCAAT. I think Wisconsin has an outside shot, but even if they go 4-4 down the stretch, which is a realistic possibility given they play the other top 4 teams on the road, that will leave them at 18-13 with an RPI of 53. My guess is that they would need to get to the Semi's of the BTT go make it. Indiana has a bit more favorable schedule in that they get Iowa, Purdue and MD at home during their home stretch, but that puts a ton of pressure on them to win those. Losing home games even against good competition will hurt their RPI and it's already in the mid 50's.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowie State is a historically black college just a handful of miles away from the main Terrapin campus.
It is actually part of the Maryland system and shares resources with the larger flagship.

The TERPS run practices and have satellite summer camps held there with the Washington Wizards as well.
I think Maryland is contracted to play Bowie, UMES, Towson, UMBC, and all the system schools at least once every ten years.

But, I have no idea why the game is scheduled in February????

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another double digit road win by the Hawks. Pretty standard performane. 20ish from Uthoff and Jok. Double double by Woody. 10 and 5 by Gessel and Clemmons and basically no turnovers. Wash, rinse, repeat

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We should win the four we're supposed to and lose to only the three ranked opponents left on the schedule then the Badgers will make the tournament. Just take care of business and they're in. If we beat more ranked teams that just increases our seed.

Indiana is #3 in the standings but had a horrible loss vs Penn St. recently. Michigan recently loss to the two teams that the badgers beat in MICH St and Indiana. I would say UW is the 5th best right now.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the BPI rankings the Badgers are in as a 11 seed right now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing from people that Maryland has the most talent in the league. I'm going to point out there isn't a SINGLE primary offensive or defensive stat that Maryland has ANYONE ranked ahead of an Iowa guy in. Not PPG, not RPG, not APG, not steals, not blocks, not FG%, not 3 pt%. and not the most important stat of all B10 record. Nothing. And Iowa's guys have done that vs a vastly superior schedule. Congrats on the narrow home win Terps because that's all you have. We will see you again likely and the result will be different. Most talented team my ass

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing from people that Maryland has the most talent in the league. I'm going to point out there isn't a SINGLE primary offensive or defensive stat that Maryland has ANYONE ranked ahead of an Iowa guy in. Not PPG, not RPG, not APG, not steals, not blocks, not FG%, not 3 pt%. and not the most important stat of all B10 record. Nothing. And Iowa's guys have done that vs a vastly superior schedule. Congrats on the narrow home win Terps because that's all you have. We will see you again likely and the result will be different. Most talented team my ass

only person I hear it from is the horns guy. and who listens to horns guys? :noidea:

as re: Iowa? well ser, as long as you (and jerms to a lesser extent) keep inundating the boards with Badgeresque cries for recognition and veiled accusations of patrician disrespect for rustic cbb comers? I mean, what's left for we interested inundates to say about yall's success, standings or potential that yall haven't already said of yourselves...ya know?

agree re: your ass...eerbody knows State's the most talented team. :thumb:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you're saying he should quit auto-fallaciating his horn?

lol, awesome wordification my man...:suds:

yes, and to thank him for doing my thinking for me.