• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Izzo must give teddy amazing bjs

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are these teams doing?

Davis tries a jump hook into hammonds. Lol.

Swanigan tries a long 3 for NBA standards, not even close. LOL

Hammonds air balls a hook shot. Lol.

Valentine takes a fade away with 3 seconds still on clock. Lol.

Free basketball!!!

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, Purdue!

Am I the only one who things Matt Painter's head looks like a block of wood?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swanigan is a complete moron

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good game Purdue.

before the game Izzo said there were no hard feelings against Caleb fucking Swanigan for being a treasonous, lying bitch; I don't quite share coach's attitude. :mad2: Glad to see Hammonds finally has a team around him.

Break a fucking leg, Caleb fucking Swanigan

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good game Purdue.

before the game Izzo said there were no hard feelings against Caleb fucking Swanigan for being a treasonous, lying bitch; I don't quite share coach's attitude. :mad2: Glad to see Hammonds finally has a team around him.

Break a fucking leg, Caleb fucking Swanigan
Or maybe an 18 year old simply couldn't make his mind up where he wanted to go?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing from people that Maryland has the most talent in the league. I'm going to point out there isn't a SINGLE primary offensive or defensive stat that Maryland has ANYONE ranked ahead of an Iowa guy in. Not PPG, not RPG, not APG, not steals, not blocks, not FG%, not 3 pt%. and not the most important stat of all B10 record. Nothing. And Iowa's guys have done that vs a vastly superior schedule. Congrats on the narrow home win Terps because that's all you have. We will see you again likely and the result will be different. Most talented team my ass

I can get on board with the fact MD has more talent than Iowa does. They have two projected top 20 picks for 2016(Stone and Trimble) another potential 2nd round pick in 2016(Layman) and another potential 2nd round pick in 2017(Robert Carter) Iowa only has one potential draft pick on their roster IMO and that's Uthoff who's a late first/early 2nd rounder more than likely. Iowa is still a very very good team, but the key word is team. They've benefitted from having their main core playing together for 3-4 years now. And they are very well coached. Iowa has picked a great year to have 4 senior starters along with a junior.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can get on board with the fact MD has more talent than Iowa does. They have two projected top 20 picks for 2016(Stone and Trimble) another potential 2nd round pick in 2016(Layman) and another potential 2nd round pick in 2017(Robert Carter) Iowa only has one potential draft pick on their roster IMO and that's Uthoff who's a late first/early 2nd rounder more than likely. Iowa is still a very very good team, but the key word is team. They've benefitted from having their main core playing together for 3-4 years now. And they are very well coached. Iowa has picked a great year to have 4 senior starters along with a junior.

Yeah I agree. I'd have to hear exactly what those people are saying. Because if they are just simply saying talent it's gotta be Maryland. That team I just can't figure it out. They pretty much have it all. Stud PG, veteran good shooter at SG, a inside out 3, a inside out 4. A dominant center, a defensive center and then a shooter off the bench. Plus 4 of those guys probably get NBA chances.

Nickens has been a bust and the team as a whole doesn't shoot well.

But on paper that's a good squad that will be dangerous.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably jaded because every time I watch Maryland they look like shit ( including their win over Iowa). They do win close games though which is good because they play almost exclusively close games. I can see the NBA argument I guess but if it doesn't translate to on court results vs a worse schedule it's tough to put stock in it for me. Trimble can't shoot and Layman abd Carter don't impress me. I do like Stone. He's the real deal.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably jaded because every time I watch Maryland they look like shit ( including their win over Iowa). They do win close games though which is good because they play almost exclusively close games. I can see the NBA argument I guess but if it doesn't translate to on court results vs a worse schedule it's tough to put stock in it for me. Trimble can't shoot and Layman abd Carter don't impress me. I do like Stone. He's the real deal.

Carter doesn't impress you? I think he's a stud.

Layman...yeah. Since moving to the 3 this year he's taken a major step back.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter doesn't impress you? I think he's a stud.

Layman...yeah. Since moving to the 3 this year he's taken a major step back.
Carter is a good college player but that's about it imo. I don't even think he'd start for iowa. Certainly not ahead of Jok or Uthoff. I'm just looking at stats really and they just aren't there for the Terps. I'm not a NBA guy anymore so I really don't follow where guys project much. Just look at what they actually do. Terps only real impressive trait imo is their ability to close out games but that's a big trait

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter is a good college player but that's about it imo. I don't even think he'd start for iowa. Certainly not ahead of Jok or Uthoff. I'm just looking at stats really and they just aren't there for the Terps. I'm not a NBA guy anymore so I really don't follow where guys project much. Just look at what they actually do. Terps only real impressive trait imo is their ability to close out games but that's a big trait

Carter is a PF lol. Jok and Uthoff are not jacking his minutes.

He's a stretch 4 who shoots 56% overall, 35% on 3s and makes his free throws at a good rate. His rebounding numbers are average. But the guy is good. He'd start on Iowa and most teams in the country.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter is a PF lol. Jok and Uthoff are not jacking his minutes.

He's a stretch 4 who shoots 56% overall, 35% on 3s and makes his free throws at a good rate. His rebounding numbers are average. But the guy is good. He'd start on Iowa and most teams in the country.
Uthoff and Jok are Iowa's 3 and 4 and Carter isn't starting over either of them. Could make a move if Jok to 2 Uthoff to 3 but I doubt it. Too good to have 2 PGS on the floor with Gessel and Clemmons

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uthoff and Jok are Iowa's 3 and 4 and Carter isn't starting over either of them. Could make a move if Jok to 2 Uthoff to 3 but I doubt it. Too good to have 2 PGS on the floor with Gessel and Clemmons

That's exactly what they would do. He's a true PF that's a stretch forward. It would make a team that already has size out there impossible to guard.

Georges Niang is one of the best and most versatile players in the country. ISU would find a way to get Carter in that lineup.

You are massively selling the guy short. He's good from any spot on the floor.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what they would do. He's a true PF that's a stretch forward. It would make a team that already has size out there impossible to guard.

Georges Niang is one of the best and most versatile players in the country. ISU would find a way to get Carter in that lineup.

You are massively selling the guy short. He's good from any spot on the floor.
Maybe. Like I said I haven't seen every Maryland game. Carters good I just can't see a team with a 1.7 to 1 assist to turnover rate taking another PG off the floor for a poor man's version of a guy they already have on the floor. Who knows though. Dun to debate but not too relevant lol

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Luke I saud I haven't seen every Maryland gane. Carters good I just can't see a team with av1.7 to 1 assist to turnover rate taking another PG off the floor for a poor man's version of a guy they already have on the team. Who knows though. Dun to debate but not too relevant lol

Lol I gotcha. I was just showing why people do like Marylands team. With the way they win close games(did so last year too) if Trimble can get his shot closer to last years % down the stretch they are good.

I just think Clemons really only provides ball handling over Carter. He shoots free throws as a guard much worse and 3s. Put Clemons on the bench. Use that size. Expands the depth and you got a full back up for gessell/jok and then Uhl for the studs and less reliance on those streaky white guys.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I gotcha. I was just showing why people do like Marylands team. With the way they win close games(did so last year too) if Trimble can get his shot closer to last years % down the stretch they are good.

I just think Clemons really only provides ball handling over Carter. He shoots free throws as a guard much worse and 3s. Put Clemons on the bench. Use that size. Expands the depth and you got a full back up for gessell/jok and then Uhl for the studs and less reliance on those streaky white guys.
Yeah Clemmons really only provides ball handling and passing but that's really all he's asked or needed to do. Fun to think about though

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basketball is different from football in that aspect. You don't have to have overwhelming talent to win, especially in college, especially when the incoming freshman class is the weakest in some time, and the top 20 incoming freshman spread out where they chose to go to college. It really set the stage for upperclassmen teams to dominate this year. That's why I don't think its surprising to see teams like OU, Nova, Iowa, WVU, Kansas, UNC, Oregon, UVA, Miami, Iowa State at the top of the polls. Teams that have to rely on significant contributions from underclassmen like UK, Duke, California, LSU, Ohio State, FSU, Washington, have been extremely inconsistent for the most part.

Iowa is really good, don't get me wrong, but they picked a great year to have probably their best team ever.

Reactions: H2S

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sometimes parity is awesome, DEPT...

Basketball is different from football in that aspect. You don't have to have overwhelming talent to win, especially in college, especially when the incoming freshman class is the weakest in some time, and the top 20 incoming freshman spread out where they chose to go to college. It really set the stage for upperclassmen teams to dominate this year. That's why I don't think its surprising to see teams like OU, Nova, Iowa, WVU, Kansas, UNC, Oregon, UVA, Miami, Iowa State at the top of the polls. Teams that have to rely on significant contributions from underclassmen like UK, Duke, California, LSU, Ohio State, FSU, Washington, have been extremely inconsistent for the most part.

Iowa is really good, don't get me wrong, but they picked a great year to have probably their best team ever.

I don't miss a cbb field of "one or two great teams and everybody else" a bit. Whatever the reasons for us getting to witness such regular rankings shakeups are?, well, imo, it'd be swell to see that kind of chaos rule right up to the championship game.

Once dancing invites are in-hand, every team you mentioned (and maybe a few others) has the potential (with the right kind of magic) to win it all. This far into the season?, that is almost unheard of - and incredibly exciting if you ask me.

Last edited:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sometimes parity is awesome, DEPT...

I don't miss a cbb field of "one or two great teams and everybody else" a bit. Whatever the reasons for us getting to witness such regular rankings shakeups are?, well, imo, it'd be swell to see that kind of chaos rule right up to the championship game.

Once dancing invites are in-hand, every team you mentioned (and maybe a few others) has the potential (with the right kind of magic) to win it all. This far into the season?, that is almost unheard of - and incredibly exciting if you ask me.

I agree. I think it's exciting for the die hard cbb fan, like you and myself for there to be parity. For the casual fan, maybe not so much, but screw them anyway. :thumb: