• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few Auburn players that I actually liked and enjoyed watching. So sad.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I was a huge fan of him. Didn't know much about him as a person. Fuck that is so sad.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole life in front of him... Then boom. Done. Over.

Can't stand seeing shit like that happen.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the best fb in CFB when he played. Sad news.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Lutzenkirchen in his own words.

"With the NFL Draft nearly here, I have been told by many a people that it is only natural for me to be nervous, anxious and even a little bit scared. I have a firm faith that God has the perfect plan for me so I honestly feel pretty good leading up to the next phase of my life. To be honest, the main things that I have been thinking about lately are how blessed I have been so far in my athletic career and how grateful I am for all of the help and support that I have received along the way. This is letter is to say thank you the many people who have helped me get to where I am at today.

"First off I would like to thank my two amazing parents and my three amazing sisters: Mike, Mary, Amy, Ann, and Abby. It would be impossible for me to be where I am at without y'all. When I am down in the dumps y'all bring me back up and when I get too big headed I can always count on my sisters to bring me back down! I love you all so much. Dad, thank you for being an amazing father and instilling in me what it takes to be a man. More importantly, thanks for being my best friend.

"Secondly, I would like to thank Jay Jacobs and Gene Chizik for giving me the opportunity to play at such a fine institution as Auburn University. It is rare to find an Athletic Director who will answer your phone call at anytime and be there for you no matter what.

"To Coach Chizik: Thank you for being a great role model of what an "Auburn Man" truly means. You are such a stand up guy and have always been a straight shooter, no matter what the topic may be. Even though your time as the head coach here has come to an end, you continue to represent this University in the right ways. No matter what the allegations in any regard, I hope that you know that your players love you, loved playing for you and also that we know the truths of how you ran our program based on truth and integrity. Thank you.

"To all of the assistant coaches I would like to say thank you for teaching me football and teaching me about what it is to be a man. Special thanks to Coach Malzahn for believing in me and putting me into positions to make plays and show my abilities. I have complete faith you will bring Auburn back to its prominence.

"To Coach Yox: You scared the heck out of me at first! And to be honest you kinda always will! You have instilled a work ethic in me that I will never lose. I will always know what it means to work, hard work, because of you. I have so much love and appreciation for what you do and what you represent. I could not have asked for a better strength coach. You are the best in the biz.

"A very special thank you to Clark Pearson, Dr. Goodlett, Dave Walsh, Dana Marquez and his staff and the entire training room. I think I spent most of my time hanging out in the training room, even if I wasn't hurt. You guys keep the good times rolling! Thank you Dave Walsh for bring me back from multiple surgeries and always pushing me to get better every day. You always seem to get me back healthy in a very short amount of time.

"To BROTHAAAA Chette: I mean this when I say this, You are the most important factor in the Auburn Football Program. You have changed so many lives through your guidance and knowledge of the Bible. I am not afraid to admit that I have come to you in tears and left with a big smile and a new sense of life. You are a blessing to me in my life. Please keep doing what you do to our football program.

"To all of my close friends, teammates, and new friends that I made along the way, thank you for always supporting me and encouraging me when the times were tough. To my roommates, thank you for giving me an escape from football whenever I came home from practice and giving me a chance to just relax and be myself. A very special thanks to my amazing girlfriend who continues to put up with my nonsense and is always supporting me no matter what. You are always there to listen to my complaints and to help me realize the positives during negative situations. You mean the world to me and I appreciate everything that you do. I love you all.

"Most importantly I need to thank the entire Auburn Family. You all are truly the best fans in the country. You've been on our side through thick and thin and that is appreciated way more than you think. I'll never truly understand why you all love that goofy, embarrassing, silly, little dance that I did against 'Bama but I appreciate the love that you have always showed me. From my freshman year when the entire student section stayed through the monsoon game against West Virginia, to going to Glendale and taking the BCS by storm, to everyone showing up for a Senior Day in 2012 in which we only won three games. You all are the reason we come out and play each Saturday (and sometimes Thursdays). The fact that 83,000 of our family showed up for a Spring Scrimmage speaks volumes about the Auburn Community and Family. Don't stop doing what you do. Auburn will be back with a vengeance for it is a new day on the Plains.

"Special thanks to Hoke and the AuburnSports.com staff for always making me look and sound good in my interviews. Y'all are awesome.

"I do not know what the future holds for me but one thing is for sure that the past four years have been the best years of my life. Thank you all for your continuous prayers and support. I love you all and WAR DAMN EAGLE!"

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucks.

/humorbelow

Reminds me of when Bruno Mars, the lead single of Candlebox died in that planecrash.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article where Lutzenkirchen took a teammates handicapped sister to the prom:

- "I feel like a princess," Casey Carroll, 19, said as she walked to the limousine that was to take her to dinner and her prom at the Fox Theatre. Her mother clicked her camera every five seconds, looking for the perfect shot after an hour of staged photos. Casey, dressed in a floral gown she bought days after being asked to the prom last summer in the midst of her uncontrollable excitement, smiled as she turned to her mother and said what most teenage girls have said to their mothers at least once: "Mom, stop. You're embarrassing me." But Casey was not like most girls at the Lassiter High School prom. She was not the prom queen, she was not looking forward to any big after-party, and she was ready to step out of her high heels before she even got into her limo. "When Casey was little, me and her father just thought she would probably never get to go to the prom, because we just weren't sure anyone would ask her," said Sue Ann Carroll, Casey's mother. "Not only is she getting to go, but she has two great dates. To see that, and to see her so happy, I can't tell you how much that means to us." That's because Casey, full of laughter, jokes and smiles, was born with Down Syndrome. And as much love as Casey gives, she receives even more.

"She's my girl," Casey's brother, Kevin Carroll, said as he stood near his sister, dressed in his tuxedo. Kevin is a junior offensive lineman at Auburn University, and has always had a close relationship with his little sister, even giving up his free afternoons as a Lassiter student to sit with her at lunch. "I can honestly say knowing her has made me a better person. She's waited so long for this, I'm just really happy for her."

Kevin would have taken his sister to her prom, without any hesitation. No need, though, as she had a date most Lassiter girls would have loved to have had. Philip Lutzenkirchen, a former Lassiter and current Auburn football star, told Casey he would take her to her prom last Father's Day, as the Lutzenkirchen and Carroll families celebrated the holiday together. The two families have been close ever since Kevin and Philip became friends as Lassiter football teammates.

"Casey was just upset talking about it because she said she wanted to go to prom but probably wouldn't get to because no one would invite her. So Philip told her he didn't get to go to his prom, so he'd be happy to come back from school and take her," Sue Ann said. "I pulled him to the side later and just said that was sweet but he didn't have to do that, but he was insistent and said he would be happy to."

Kevin also came back to his home town to travel with Casey to her prom with Philip's sister, Ann, as his date. But the weekend was not short of drama, as Casey had a reaction to a medication on Friday and broke out in hives, head to toe, with a 102 degree fever. She spent Friday in tears, afraid she would not be able to have her dream day on Saturday as Sue Ann took her to two different doctors, desperately searching for help.

Luckily, with a combination of new medicine, love and prayers, Casey was well enough to have her day in the limelight. But Philip was not as lucky, when he received a concussion during Auburn's Saturday morning football scrimmage. After visiting the doctor, it was apparent he would not be feeling well and would not make it in time for photos, but that did not stop him from coming.

"I told her I would take her, so I'm going to do that," Philip said, as he traveled from Auburn to Marietta on Saturday evening. "We just have a special relationship. She makes me crack up, and she has that gift where she just lights everyone up. She deserves a great prom."

And even though Philip was not able to make the photo session, Casey had another date as 25-year-old Chris Melka, the son of her life-long swim coach Barbara Melka, got his hair cut and dressed in his tuxedo on an hour's notice to be Casey's stand-in. He held her hand as she walked from one photo location to another, telling her she looked beautiful.

"Casey's one of the most popular kids in the school. The teachers, students, everyone will tell you that," Tommy Carroll, Casey's father and a football coach at Lassiter, said. "I'll take her to Publix every Sunday and they all know her and love her. Everyone loves Casey. She's hard not to love."

Tommy and Sue Ann said the entire Lassiter community has come together to support their daughter on her big day. The parents wanted to get her a limousine for her big night, but were disappointed when they found out it would cost a staggering $900.

So when Kyle Cooper of Property Masters and Corey Agee of the law firm Agee Fisher Barrett found out that Casey would not be going to the prom in a limo like many of the other prom attendees, they pitched in with other Lassiter alumni to pay for her limo, as well as flowers and a dinner gift card.

Casey will graduate in May, after which her parents said they will expect her to get a job and pay rent for her room at their home. "We've raised her just like we've raised our other three kids," Sue Ann said. "But I have to say she's the least of our worries. She's taught us to be more patient, kind and accepting. We wouldn't be the people we are now without her." As the limousine pulled away, Sue Ann wiped her eyes and smiled. "She told me all day she's a woman now. But she's still my little girl."

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is next with these hooligans? Pre-marital sex? :shocked:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid is a 5th year senior and a returning starter. Pretty stupid to get busted at this pt of his life. Less than a week ago he was selected to to talk at a D.A.R.E camp in front of 200 kids. Gets busted couple days later.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Tech puncher heading to Auburn

It just makes sense, doesn't it?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be worse, he could have gotten caught with a bunch of stolen crab legs at the same time.