• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the only one we have left from that season.:lol:

I thought the AP asked for the trophy back also and simply refused to award it that season.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't be vacated and unclaimed

I agree, it's still USC's. I saw it happen, they won it. It's dumb for the NCAA to go back and take shit away later, especially for the actions of a few people and try to rewrite history.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AU struggled to beat an decent, not good, but decent VT team in the Sugar Bowl. USC would have rolled AU easily. The only people who even think AU would have won are of course AU homers. BTW, that '05 USC team was beaten by one of the best teams in the BCS era.....

Oh really? Auburn led that 'decent' VT team 16-0 in the third quarter. USC trailed the exact same VT team 10-7 until 2 minutes left in the third. :think:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it's still USC's. I saw it happen, they won it. It's dumb for the NCAA to go back and take shit away later, especially for the actions of a few people and try to rewrite history.

Yeah, it's USC's in my mind too.

It is dumb for USC to claim the 2003 title though :stevie:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't argue against that either but the NCAA isn't going to change their mind so the BCS and AP need to award the trophies splitting them isn't a bad solution both are deserving.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But it's preferable to punishing the school after the rule breakers leave. The NCAA can't win.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's USC's in my mind too.

It is dumb for USC to claim the 2003 title though :stevie:

No it's not once again Oklahoma should not have been in the BCS because USC should have played LSU that year. I don't blame the AP for a protest vote nor for refusing to be part of the BCS.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn has zero claim to it and either does OU for that matter. USC is the only one.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn has zero claim to it and either does OU for that matter. USC is the only one.

Yes nice of you to say so since you got your ass kicked and shouldn't even have been there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't be vacated and unclaimed that's stupid and yeah there are a ton of arguments in Auburn's favor a few in Oklahoma's but they didn't just lose they got demolished so personally I think it's fair Auburn gets the trophy.

But wouldn't be opposed to splitting it.

Auburn wasn't even in the game. How the hell are they going to get a trophy for a game they didn't even participate in. Oklahoma needs only 1 argument, they were in the actual game, they lost and are therefore, the runners-up.

Frankly, I'm shocked at Auburn's lack of pride. When the title was vacated and no one knew whether or not it was going to remain vacated or ne awarded to Oklahoma, Oklahoma didn't want it. In fact, Oklahoma's coaches, players from that team and fanbase were pretty much unanimous in not only saying they don't want it, but that as far as they are concerned, USC is still the National Champion.

Now, all of the sudden, here comes Auburn begging for a title from a game they weren't even in.

Auburn's new fight song:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxHMHrWJ2SE]Ain't Too Proud To Beg - Temptations - YouTube[/ame]

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give two shits what the NCAA says, USC was the '04 BCS title winner. The way they raped the ever living shit out of the Sooners was pretty cool to watch. That game was over in the 2nd quarter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the AP asked for the trophy back also and simply refused to award it that season.

I don't think so. Last I checked, USC still has 2004 up as an AP title. I do remember there was some other organization that no one had ever heard of that had awarded USC a trophy and asked for it back.

I wrote a pretty funny post about it back in the cbs days about USC not knowing they had been awarded the trophy, had to look for it and found it in the office of the women's field hockey coach being used as a paper weight.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously the NCAA hasn't found you yet. Here ya go, this should fix it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUvEyclQjdI][MiB] Men in Black Neuralyzer/Flashy Thing - YouTube[/ame]

Apparently, Auburn has already used it.:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's preferable to punishing the school after the rule breakers leave. The NCAA can't win.

The whole thing is bullshit really. Think about it, there were 84 other players on that team who had nothing to do with what the Bush family did and now they have their title stripped too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue against that either but the NCAA isn't going to change their mind so the BCS and AP need to award the trophies splitting them isn't a bad solution both are deserving.

The AP didn't strip us of the title. The coaches poll title was stripped along with the BCS title because it's a package deal.
Maybe you guys can split those?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes nice of you to say so since you got your ass kicked and shouldn't even have been there.

Usually I agree with a lot of your views WT but IMO you're way off on this one. I get sticking up for your program but this one doesn't add up.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By 16 points.

There was a .035 difference in the BCS standings between Auburn and Oklahoma. There was also only a difference in the coaches poll of 24 votes

OU was ranked 2nd in both polls and higher strength of schedule. Bowling Green is a red herring. OU played them already, so you were not goung to have a better SOS even with that game. I simply said on Dec 5th, therecwas little argument for Auburn to jump OU. You can say they got rolled by USC, but that is hindsight at best

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU was ranked 2nd in both polls and higher strength of schedule. Bowling Green is a red herring. OU played them already, so you were not goung to have a better SOS even with that game. I simply said on Dec 5th, therecwas little argument for Auburn to jump OU. You can say they got rolled by USC, but that is hindsight at best

Just because OU played them doesn't mean it's not a jump in SoS if Auburn had played them.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC was #1 all year. How could you move them down after they destroyed OU? Auburn game looked alot closer than it was, but it certainly was not enough to change your opinion of the teams.