• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is a typical college kid. He just happens to be a starting QB at a major D1 school who won the Heisman. Doesn't make it right, but those guys are held to a higher standard by the media. I completely disagree with it, but it is what it is. I'd sure as hell be pissed if I had a bunch of wanna-be Dick Tracy/Sherlock Holmes media types watching my everyone drunken college escapade like a hawk and tattling on them like a 3 year old sister who just watched me blow Barbie to bits with an M-40. :noidea:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the kid is a party boy douchebag. Shocker. Most college aged dudes are the same way. From everything reported the kids grades are fine, he clearly stands out in his sport and he hasnt done anything that 75% of college aged kids do. Is he a complete tool??? For sure. So was I when I was 20 IM SURE. I get that extra responsibility comes with his position but since when is it a crime to be a fucking dbag??? We idolize peole in all sports that are not good people, people that have done shit WAYYY worse than going to a frat party on another campus ( a team that isnt even a rival anymore BTW since they arent in the same conference). If we condemn him for saying dumb shit then we we will need to condemn 90% of college athletes.

Yeah, when I was his age I was partying it up so it's hard to be critical. People seem to think he's supposed to be a Peyton Manning image.

I've got nothing to say about how he lives his life unless he starts using his celebrity status for political reasons. Then he's fair game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid holds the highest individual honor in the world of college football - and he acts like an ass. I don't feel in the least bit bad calling him out on it.

He is reaping the rewards of public attention. He has no problem using it to hang out with celebrities; trips to New York; trying to Patton the name johnny football; And he will reap the rewards of becoming a millionaire if drafted.

And he somehow deserves a break from public opinion when he uses all this to his advantage and still acts like an ass?

There is a reason we didn't criticize RG3 and others before him when they won - And there is a reason why nobody respects this douche bag.

:wtf:

1442.jpg

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning said he has people leave his camp all time and miss meetings. Eli happened to be one of those people. Manning also said he hopes he comes back next year. He doesn't seemed to concerned with it, why should we?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Packer made a good point on Sirius 91 the other day...if it was the SMU QB who got booted from the party no one would have given a fuck...leave the kid alone

If it was the SMU quarterback he never would have been booted. No one would have known who he was or cared enough to boot him let alone throw a beer at him.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hail Varsity Magazine: Martinez on Manziel

"Martinez experienced the almost inevitable counterpoint to a meteoric rise — the fall. Manziel hasn’t yet, but even his father thinks it could be coming.“It could come unraveled. And when it does, it’s gonna be bad. Real bad,” Paul Manziel said in the ESPN story."

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the age of the internet, you can't act your age anymore if you're famous. If you do, they hang you up for everyone to cast stones at.

How many people ragging on Maziel are drunk frat boys just like him but without the talent, and money he'll be making?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was Rusell Wilson a raging alcoholic who cant control his fame?

If JM doesn't clean up his act, it could hurt his draft stock. I'm really interested in seeing how well he does this season against premier SEC defenses that know more what to expect from him, along with the effects of a relatively new offensive line.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he will even make it through this year without a major meltdown. There is a new article--I think it's SI--that details his parents' concerns. His dad is very, very worried about his anger issues and even mentioned not wanting to golf with him because he is so quick to lose his temper on the course. It's hard not to believe that all this off-season BS won't negatively impact his play on the field. I'm sure that when the Aggies go on the road, the crowd will be all over him.

His parents are epic douches who are loving his fame more than he is.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the age of the internet, you can't act your age anymore if you're famous. If you do, they hang you up for everyone to cast stones at.

How many people ragging on Maziel are drunk frat boys just like him but without the talent, and money he'll be making?

Indeed. And how many so-called "grown men" on this site are criticizing him for doing some of the same shit they did when they were his age?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. And how many so-called "grown men" on this site are criticizing him for doing some of the same shit they did when they were his age?

All of them??? LOL.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what offensive system he'd fit in the NFL......but some of the posts in this thread are LAUGHABLY inaccurate.

Every year, I see fools post that so-and-so won't be able to run against NFL defenses.......are you all smoking crack, or just not paying attention?

I heard that about VY, Vick, Newton, and Tebow......and every last one of them ran all over defenses. So will Manziel.

The only real question is will be able to PASS against NFL defenses......does he have an arm and the accuracy to make all the throws.......does he have the command of his peers and the leadership necessary to control the huddle.......these are the things he has to show he can do.

His size will be held against him. He has to show he can overcome that at a high level.

The problem with your examples is that only Newton is sure to be starting for his team. Vick might start for the Eagles, but many think he will lose his job to Foles or Barkley before the season is over. Tebow will be lucky to take a snap and is VY even on a roster this season?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFF is a much better passer than all of those except maybe Newton.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JM doesn't clean up his act, it could hurt his draft stock. I'm really interested in seeing how well he does this season against premier SEC defenses that know more what to expect from him, along with the effects of a relatively new offensive line.

:agree: He is not just playing for Texas A&M, he is also auditioning for NFL teams who will be looking to invest millions of dollars in him. I can't imagine that any NFL teams are liking what they have seen this off-season!!

Certainly there are players who have done worse things, but to an NFL team, this looks like a guy who "just doesn't get it" and they have to be wondering if he ever will!!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love JFF and all the off the field stuff he brings with him.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This nth post kills me, but let's boil it down:

If you are a UT or OU fan, JFF sucks and is a terrible person.
If you aren't a UT or OU fan, JFF is just a kid doing things kids do.

Seriously, quickly peruse this thread and that is exactly what you will see. I wonder what the common denominator is with this?

I'm with the non-UT and OU fans v. the envious, hater UT and OU fans. This thread couldn't make the bias more obvious. LOL.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This nth post kills me, but let's boil it down:

If you are a UT or OU fan, JFF sucks and is a terrible person.
If you aren't a UT or OU fan, JFF is just a kid doing things kids do.

Seriously, quickly peruse this thread and that is exactly what you will see. I wonder what the common denominator is with this?

I'm with the non-UT and OU fans v. the envious, hater UT and OU fans. This thread couldn't make the butthurt more obvious. LOL.

fify

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the kid is a party boy douchebag. Shocker. Most college aged dudes are the same way. From everything reported the kids grades are fine, he clearly stands out in his sport and he hasnt done anything that 75% of college aged kids do. Is he a complete tool??? For sure. So was I when I was 20 IM SURE. I get that extra responsibility comes with his position but since when is it a crime to be a fucking dbag??? We idolize peole in all sports that are not good people, people that have done shit WAYYY worse than going to a frat party on another campus ( a team that isnt even a rival anymore BTW since they arent in the same conference). If we condemn him for saying dumb shit then we we will need to condemn 90% of college athletes.

Spot on with your comments...I did far worse than what's been reported about JM.

The problem, if you will, is CFB is far more visible today. Only one guy gets to win that HT award, and right or wrong, you are held to a higher standard...one issue, no big deal, 2 issues, okay not a huge deal, anymore than that is a pattern, and I think that's where JM is...a pattern of questionable behavior...all while wearing the highest individual crown in CFB.

Being a public underage drinker is just not the message he needs to portray.