• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on with your comments...I did far worse than what's been reported about JM.

The problem, if you will, is CFB is far more visible today. Only one guy gets to win that HT award, and right or wrong, you are held to a higher standard...one issue, no big deal, 2 issues, okay not a huge deal, anymore than that is a pattern, and I think that's where JM is...a pattern of questionable behavior...all while wearing the highest individual crown in CFB.

Being a public underage drinker is just not the message he needs to portray.

He is not portraying that. The media and all the nit-Twits are the ones making his every move public. WTF? Is he supposed to let others, along with the modern technology, dictate his life? Fuck that! I commend the young man for living his life, mistakes and all.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not portraying that. The media and all the nit-Twits are the ones making his every move public. WTF? Is he supposed to let others, along with the modern technology, dictate his life? Fuck that! I commend the young man for living his life, mistakes and all.

Cool, but he's all but said he likes to party and I don't think he's 21. To be honest it doesn't bother me a bit...knowing what you and I both know...this social media BS has run a muck...then you gotta deal with whatever wrath that comes with if you're going to live your life to the fullest under that microscope.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could make a pretty strong argument that it actually takes more character to continue to be yourself while in the public eye ( even if yourself is an obnoxious prick) than it does to pretend to be someone you arent just to please other people. I respect people that are always who they are, doesnt mean I have to like them but I respect them.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by HawkeyesRuleURFace
Mark Packer made a good point on Sirius 91 the other day...if it was the SMU QB who got booted from the party no one would have given a fuck...leave the kid alone-

That is ridiculous. Of course nobody would care if an SMU QB got kicked out of Austin. It kind of matters when it is aan A&M QB that said he doesnt like CS. If McCarron got thrown out of a frat party at Auburn it would be news. IF Braxton Miller got thrown out of a party in Ann Arbor it would hit the news.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, but he's all but said he likes to party and I don't think he's 21. To be honest it doesn't bother me a bit...knowing what you and I both know...this social media BS has run a muck...then you gotta deal with whatever wrath that comes with if you're going to live your life to the fullest under that microscope.

And Johnny is living with all the bullshit, just fine. He isn't letting it bother him one bit, nor is he changing his life to conform to what all the others want him to. I commend him for that. IMO, all the people who seem to thrive off of criticizing him are the ones who need to look at the deficiencies in their own lives. Fucking pitiful hypocrites!!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Packer made a good point on Sirius 91 the other day...if it was the SMU QB who got booted from the party no one would have given a fuck...leave the kid alone-

That is ridiculous. Of course nobody would care if an SMU QB got kicked out of Austin. It kind of matters when it is aan A&M QB that said he doesnt like CS. If McCarron got thrown out of a frat party at Auburn it would be news. IF Braxton Miller got thrown out of a party in Ann Arbor it would hit the news.

If he had done anything but smile and walk away, it could have been news. But it was just him walking out of a fraternity party and David Ash making the most accurate throw of his collegiate career.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Johnny is living with all the bullshit, just fine. He isn't letting it bother him one bit, nor is he changing his life to conform to what all the others want him to. I commend him for that. IMO, all the people who seem to thrive off of criticizing him are the ones who need to look at the deficiencies in their own lives. Fucking pitiful hypocrites!!

The only change he made was he quit twitter. Not much more he can do other than become a hermit.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being 20 myself and in the same graduating class I'd say yes were being way too hard on him. 20 years old dudes are all stupid.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCarron and Miller would be partying at the enemies place. A&M isnt in the same conference as Texas or OU. If Manziel was boozing at Bama then your point would make sense.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had done anything but smile and walk away, it could have been news. But it was just him walking out of a fraternity party and David Ash making the most accurate throw of his collegiate career.

I feel bad for him. All he has ever wanted to be is David Ash. Now he will have to be a "t-shirt fan". Fortunately for TExas, he can afford a lot of t-shirts and Texas is happy to sell them to him.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarron and Miller would be partying at the enemies place. A&M isnt in the same conference as Texas or OU. If Manziel was boozing at Bama then your point would make sense.
-
Have you heard the A&M fight song? You have absolutely 0 idea what you are typing.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's 20 and it's not legal to drink in Texas, unless he is with his parents.

I don't think he's a douche, he's just immature, likes attention and can't handle the results. . His actions since winning the Heisman Trophy show why Freshmen shouldn't be eligible to win it.

AFA I'm concerned he's made the off-season more humorous and somewhat interesting. If we Longhorns like to write about him, it's because if how he has embarrassed a&who and we are laughing at there school.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's simply not mature enough to handle all the fame and pressure, which is normal for a 20 year old kid. He is pretty much your normal 20 year old college kid.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for him. All he has ever wanted to be is David Ash. Now he will have to be a "t-shirt fan". Fortunately for TExas, he can afford a lot of t-shirts and Texas is happy to sell them to him.

That is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard. Does a Porsche aspire to be a Pinto? :doh:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Have you heard the A&M fight song? You have absolutely 0 idea what you are typing.

Did they rewrite the fight song last year?? If not then I dont care. OU and UT are not in the same conference as A&M so saying that partying at Texas is bad is like saying a guy that goes to school at Pitt but parties at Penn State is just as big off an ass as Manziel.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 20 and it's not legal to drink in Texas, unless he is with his parents.

I don't think he's a douche, he's just immature, likes attention and can't handle the results. . His actions since winning the Heisman Trophy show why Freshmen shouldn't be eligible to win it.

AFA I'm concerned he's made the off-season more humorous and somewhat interesting. If we Longhorns like to write about him, it's because if how he has embarrassed a&who and we are laughing at there school.

Don't you mean "their" school. Yep. Those Texans sure aren't known for their education. :suds:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually he is letting it bother him once he tweeted to the world to just, "Walk in my shoes for a day" for the media to understand how much pressure he is under.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody has ever wanted to be David Ash. Not even David Ash wants to be David Ash...

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone see the beauty of this thread and the people who are hating on Manziel?