• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has ever wanted to be David Ash. Not even David Ash wants to be David Ash...
-
JFF grew up a Texas fan. He wanted to be the startign QB at Texas. Texas did not offer. I can not say that was the coaching staff's best moment. I am guessing you are living in the midwest, because you are a little out of your element in this conversation.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
JFF grew up a Texas fan. He wanted to be the startign QB at Texas. Texas did not offer. I can not say that was the coaching staff's best moment. I am guessing you are living in the midwest, because you are a little out of your element in this conversation.

That worked out well for Texas didn't it?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

LOL, you dont have to be from Texas to know Ash couldnt hold Manziels jock. Maybe Ash should start boozing at A&M???

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That worked out well for Texas didn't it?
-
I think I already stated that. Read the post again.

Though I doubt JFF would have had the same success had he went to Texas. Last yrs offense was not tailored to his strengths. Texas offense finished 24th in S&P+, not liek the offense was the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe this many people can care about a 20 year olds life this much.

"oh noes, he drinks at 20 and is a douche...kill it with fire"

Some angry assholes in here.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Nobody said he did. Here is a website that I think you may find helpful.

Reading Is Fundamental

Actually you said it. You said " All Manziel has ever wanted was to be David Ash"..... Then we all said Ash sucks and the like... I can quote it for you if you want but it was literally like 12 minutes ago so Im sure you remember.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you said it. You said " All Manziel has ever wanted was to be David Ash"..... Then we all said Ash sucks and the like... I can quote it for you if you want but it was literally like 12 minutes ago so Im sure you remember.
-
Meaning the starting QB at Texas, which was clarified in the following post.

Reading Is Fundamental

Seriously, give it a gander.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Meaning the starting QB at Texas, which was clarified in the following post.

Reading Is Fundamental

Seriously, give it a gander.

So you knew it was worded poorly, which is why you felt the need to "clarify". You did so after he had made his post.

Here let me find a witty website about understanding chronological order :rollseyes:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone see the beauty of ... the people who are hating on
Manziel?

Wright Thompson and the ESPN - The Magazine article has generated the most talking points lately.
He is a Missouri grad that lives in Mississippi.

There are no less than 7 different national stories about this on CBS, ESPN, and CNN/SI.
Not one author was either a UT or OU grad as far as I can tell.

Manziel debates have finished no further than the 3rd story in the Houston Chronicle all week long.
Written by A&M and Baylor grads.

It was in USAToday and the local papers at 4 different airports that I visited in the last few weeks.
probably not all UT grads or Oklahoma grads if I were to venture a guess..

It was a HUGE topic on the national Jim Rome radio broadcast today.
UC Santa Barbara grad..

It was discussed at length on both Pardon the Interruption and Around the Horn programming on ESPN. Harper College and Northwestern....

But it is just a few fringe Texas and OU fans that are talking about this topic???????????

Okay, sure.

Now I understand how much power Texas truly has if the Horns are the evil sinister power behind this discussion.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about on this board moron.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Johnny is living with all the bullshit, just fine. He isn't letting it bother him one bit, nor is he changing his life to conform to what all the others want him to. I commend him for that. IMO, all the people who seem to thrive off of criticizing him are the ones who need to look at the deficiencies in their own lives. Fucking pitiful hypocrites!!

Good for him...FWIW I have to think some people who have been there and done that actually care about him. As I have, but it's just a topic to me...wish him well.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With greater success and notariety comes greater responsibility. Those who don't accept and appreciate that are just as immature and naive as johnny wannabe hollywood.

If an accountant cheats on his wife with a hooker - who cares. But if a politician does it - he is booted from office. If Tiger Woods does it - he looses sponsors. Why? Just read above.

JFF chose to enter the spotlight. He can leave at anytime if he wants to, but instead he choses to tweet, post pics of him with celebs, go to courtside seats, go to frat parties at a rival campus, etc....

He has dug his own media grave. The apologists on here are pathetic.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Manziel Ever Had a Good Talking To?

I have a feeling Bo would take him down a couple pegs.

I can't say whether or not he would have booted him from the program if he won a Heisman here his freshman year given his behavior, but I can tell you straight up he would not have the rep he has right now if he was playing for Nebraska.

Maybe Bo should give Sumlin a good talking to. Seems like an Urban Meyer in training.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the Jonathan Football name as an excuse to talk about Bo 4loss again.

This is low, even for you Brasky.