• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck cares? Young kid, famous, talented, not ugly by any measure and lives in a college town. On a Friday or Saturday, personally I'd be disappointed if he didn't consume 8 beers at 5 different parties, plow 4 different babes in a selfish manner, have a hangover and at least a small pit in his stomach worrying about the quality of each rubber.
-
I dont get these comments. Filled with ridiculous assumptions. How many college kids would continue to screw around after their parents were called into the Presidents office? I am sorry, but not every college kid would continue. I would bet most would back off. Not to mention how many Bama Qbs get thrown out of Auburn parties? Of course it is story. If a Texas QB got thrown out of a party in Norman, OK it would certainly makethe news.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I dont get these comments. Filled with ridiculous assumptions. How many college kids would continue to screw around after their parents were called into the Presidents office? I am sorry, but not every college kid would continue. I would bet most would back off. Not to mention how many Bama Qbs get thrown out of Auburn parties? Of course it is story. If a Texas QB got thrown out of a party in Norman, OK it would certainly makethe news.

Codaxx, just joking, don't take it so literally. Is there a problem with comman sense? Yes. Are todays kids (as a whole) less dialed in and less in tune with the big picture when it comes to long term consiquences (thinking beyond their next meal)? Yes. This is due to the decline of the family and morals as both the family unit and society as a hole over the past 50 years. Ya, guilty myself too. 30 years ago I was convinced it was progress. Looking back just progessing in digging the whole deeper.

Winston Churchill said it best: "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me a old liberal and I'll show you someone with no brain."

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s talk on the street, it sounds so familiar
Great expectations, everybody’s watching you
People you meet they all seem to know you
Even your old friends treat you like you’re something new

Johnny come lately, the new kid in town
Everybody loves you, so don’t let them down

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Codaxx, just joking, don't take it so literally. Is there a problem with comman sense? Yes. Are todays kids (as a whole) less dialed in and less in tune with the big picture when it comes to long term consiquences (thinking beyond their next meal)? Yes. This is due to the decline of the family and morals as both the family unit and society as a hole over the past 50 years. Ya, guilty myself too. 30 years ago I was convinced it was progress. Looking back just progessing in digging the whole deeper.

Winston Churchill said it best: "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me a old liberal and I'll show you someone with no brain."

George Carlin said,"Show me a tropical fruit and I'll show you a cock sucker from Guatamala."
Sorry. It just popped in my head.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some good points made here!! My question, however, is this: Does it have to do with kids today not being "dialed in to the big picture" or is it that the stuff they do is just reported on alot more?

I'm 51 and back when I was a 20 year old, there was no social media, there were no 24 hour newscycles, not internet, no cellphones with camreas and video, etc., etc. The result was, if players were doing the things Johnny Manziel is doing (which I'm sure they were), no one knew about it!!

Unfortunately for Manziel, these "normal 20 year old things" that he's doing are overblown, but he needs to understand that while they are perfectly normal 20 year old behaviors, he is not viewed as a normal 20 year old. Because of this, every move he makes gets over reported and creates a distraction for his team.

It isn't fair, but it is a fact of his celebrity!!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good points made here!! My question, however, is this: Does it have to do with kids today not being "dialed in to the big picture" or is it that the stuff they do is just reported on alot more?

I'm 51 and back when I was a 20 year old, there was no social media, there were no 24 hour newscycles, not internet, no cellphones with camreas and video, etc., etc. The result was, if players were doing the things Johnny Manziel is doing (which I'm sure they were), no one knew about it!!

Unfortunately for Manziel, these "normal 20 year old things" that he's doing are overblown, but he needs to understand that while they are perfectly normal 20 year old behaviors, he is not viewed as a normal 20 year old. Because of this, every move he makes gets over reported and creates a distraction for his team.

-
He is not doing normal 20 yr old things. Normal 20 yrs old do not get floor seats at NBA games. They do not get kicked out of Manning camp and fly private to the ESPYs. WTF are people talking about? You can not put yourself out and try to be in the limelight and bitch when that light burns you.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JFF just love to thumb his nose up at all the assholes who think they have a right to dictate how he lives HIS life. Go Johnny Go!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
He is not doing normal 20 yr old things. Normal 20 yrs old do not get floor seats at NBA games. They do not get kicked out of Manning camp and fly private to the ESPYs. WTF are people talking about? You can not put yourself out and try to be in the limelight and bitch when that light burns you.

I think as far as the "normal 20 year old" stuff, it's referring more to the partying, the lack of judgement and the "I'm gonna do what I want attitude"!!

I agree re: the Manning camp, ESPY's etc. and have said that if he is going to accept the benefits that come with his fame, he must also accept the negative aspect of it, which means that every move he makes gets scrutinized and reported on!!

Also, while being able to get to work at the Manning camp is not a normal 20 year old thing. Oversleeping and missing or being late for work, class or other commitments because you were out partying too late, is!!

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trojanfan12, Just hit 50 yesterday. You make a solid point. Big difference between hittin' the red head with the wide end from behind after a boatgas and telling the frat bros about it the next day and uploading a video of the clumsy encounter for the world to see for eternity.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you hear the quote from his dad about him? Said, something like, "This thing could unravel quickly, and when it does, it will be bad, real bad."

He went on to say, "that Johnny still needs guidance, still needs support and if he isn't going to be there for him who is? The school sure as hell won't be."

Couple thigns with this terrible off-season with Manziel...

1.) Proves that Freshman Should NOT win the Heisman, they obviously cant handle it.

2.) Maybe, Johnny Manziel should quit football as life seems to be so stressful for him now and his father says he thinks Johnny's drinking problem is due to the stress he is getting.

Also Johnny's mom said during the Alabama game she actually saw fear in her sons eyes when on the football field. Something she has never seen before.

This family is starting to become awfully dumb. They appear to be over protecting and causing a stir.

Oh yeah I do remember reading that.

like 6 months ago. Wasn't a big deal then either.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you hear the quote from his dad about him? Said, something like, "This thing could unravel quickly, and when it does, it will be bad, real bad."

He went on to say, "that Johnny still needs guidance, still needs support and if he isn't going to be there for him who is? The school sure as hell won't be."

1.) Proves that Freshman Should NOT win the Heisman, they obviously cant handle it.

2.) Maybe, Johnny Manziel should quit football as life seems to be so stressful for him now and his father says he thinks Johnny's drinking problem is due to the stress he is getting.

Also Johnny's mom said during the Alabama game she actually saw fear in her sons eyes when on the football field. Something she has never seen before.

This family is starting to become awfully dumb. They appear to be over protecting and causing a stir.

I really don't care what the kid is doing or how he is living his life. Even if he was our starting QB in Austin, I wouldn't care. He's 20. Now, what I do agree with OregonDucks and he hit it spot on is that JF is proving freshmen should not win the Heisman. Too young and too immature for that type of award and spotlight.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, why don't you post up a link that has a bunch of grumbling from his teammates? I'd like to see that.

To my knowledge, that hasn't happened yet!! But do you honestly think that none of them are going to be asked about Longhorn Henna tats, showing up at Texas frat parties and "I hate College Station" tweets? Especially if they lose a game and/or he has a bad game?

It's the off-season, so his teammates aren't being asked those questions yet, but they will be!!

I understand what you're saying about him just trying to be a normal 20 year old and I don't necessarily disagree. But the plain fact is that he's not a normal 20 year old and he plays a team sport. As his teams most visible player, everything he does, good or bad, can have an effect on his team.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you would worry what the QB of your team is doing off the field. His actions bring consequences. Johnny could get in serious trouble if he keeps playing with fire.

Our QB Masoli ended up getting kicked off the team for being an idiot.

So I would worry what my teams QB was doing.

Also, Manziel's parents said they are disappointed in A&M and think Johnny will be gone after this season. :L

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you would worry what the QB of your team is doing off the field. His actions bring consequences. Johnny could get in serious trouble if he keeps playing with fire.

Our QB Masoli ended up getting kicked off the team for being an idiot.

So I would worry what my teams QB was doing.

Also, Manziel's parents said they are disappointed in A&M and think Johnny will be gone after this season. :L

Of course Johnny is gonna leave next year evryone knows that.

Panthera tigris Bob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sigmund fuckin' Frued chiming in....:lol:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this kid even gets drafted. Maybe as a WR? but I think he is still too small. The only team I see drafting him is the Jets, so to get themselves into the headlines.

Manziel might be a great little college QB and if he stays alcohol free, could have a great long career at Texas AM, but I don't see him having much of a football future.

Not at all is bit of a reach, but I will say he's not helping himself much right now...a lot of players hurt their draft stock in college for various reasons. Assuming he grows up some and continues to play well (even though I think he comes back to earth this yr) he will get drafted.

I know he was a highly rated player, but look at a guy like Alec Ogletree, positive test for pot, DUI, campus theft, etc. and he goes what late 1st. Yes, he will get drafted...3rd/4th round would be my guess.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he will even make it through this year without a major meltdown. There is a new article--I think it's SI--that details his parents' concerns. His dad is very, very worried about his anger issues and even mentioned not wanting to golf with him because he is so quick to lose his temper on the course. It's hard not to believe that all this off-season BS won't negatively impact his play on the field. I'm sure that when the Aggies go on the road, the crowd will be all over him.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have everybody hating on our QB and see my team with all the news coverage than go back to where we were the last ten years. Bring the hate!