• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The poster I quoted spoke of a conference not known for their offense. I am pretty sure the Big12 is known for their offense. We did ok against the co-best from the Big12, would you not agree?
-
tough game. OU moved it all over A&M in the first half. A&M did not force 1 punt. OU had drives of 69, 87, 35 (int), and 83.. Game got out of hand and OU did its normal quitting thing when it gets punched in the mouth. OU did finish 5th in scoring offense in the Big 12. I think A&M defense was a mediocre unit bolstered by a great offense. It helps when you have an offense capable of making the opponent one dimensional.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh please you sound just like Jonny Manziel when he tweeted

"Just walk a mile in my shoes"

Like his life is so tough. Here he is tweeting all his exploits and how awesome it is to be him yet at the same time when something goes wrong like the parking ticket he got he goes off about how tough it is to be him. How its outrageous that his fame doesn't exempt him from a parking ticket. Where I come from we call that being a spoiled little bitch. Perhaps JF should just shut off his twitter account because it does him no justice.

As I suspected from a butthurt OU fan ... still can't list anything of substance the guy has done so just carry on with the whining envy. LOL.

We do have common ground on the Twitter account. I can't see how it helps any athlete. If anything they should do what we do in business ... no emails that might even be remotely controversial go out without being checked by another partner. That has served is well, but I guess that isn't what Twitter is about.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
tough game. OU moved it all over A&M in the first half. A&M did not force 1 punt. OU had drives of 69, 87, 35 (int), and 83.. Game got out of hand and OU did its normal quitting thing when it gets punched in the mouth. OU did finish 5th in scoring offense in the Big 12. I think A&M defense was a mediocre unit bolstered by a great offense. It helps when you have an offense capable of making the opponent one dimensional.

5th in scoring offense and put up 1 TD. I'd say the defense was able to be at least average.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree that "team SEC" is annoying but I don't see so much of that here. At ESpin it was ridiculous how many douchebags were a fan if any winning SEC team.

This ... :agree:

I am an admitted Team SEC member, but this isn't about that. I barely think of TAMU as an SEC team ... once we play them, maybe I will.

But, this is about a group of people here - primarily UT, OU and Bama fans - riding this guy when he really hasn't done anything wrong.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naïve, huh? LOL, Stoops had no choice but to kick Bomar off the team after the dumbass submitted his W2 form for work that was never peformed. Stoops then was forced even more when he received a report that 15-20 football players were clocking in for work at Big Red when they were supposed to be in class from 2002-2005. Then throw in the fact AP was seen all over campus driving a Lexus from Big Red. Once the shit started hitting the fan, Stoops had no choice but to take action, otherwise, it would have been swept under the rug.

Too bad that's all wrong.

OU self investigated after receiving and anonymous tip. Self reported to the ncaa. Self sanctioned the program. The ncaa investigated, OU cooperated and thus upon appeal had penalties reduced because of their swift action upon finding out about the cheating.

As for AD and the car. Turns out he was not breaking any NCAA rules per their finding. Was essentially a test drive program offered to potential high end clientele and obviously ADs potential future nfl earning he quailified however OU has discouraged use of this because of how it looks to the public. Ps don't throw stones as we know poor broke ass VY was seen rolling around in a high dollar SuV while at UT.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid thinks he's on top of the world, can't really blame him though.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ... :agree:

I am an admitted Team SEC member, but this isn't about that. I barely think of TAMU as an SEC team ... once we play them, maybe I will.

But, this is about a group of people here - primarily UT, OU and Bama fans - riding this guy when he really hasn't done anything wrong.

Actually, go back and read the posts. The Texas posters are actually defending the kid and really just making fun of how awful College Station is as to why JF is partying in Austin. Once you make a trip to C.S, you'll understand.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OU self investigated after receiving and anonymous tip. Self reported to the ncaa. Self sanctioned the program. The ncaa investigated, OU cooperated and thus upon appeal had penalties reduced because of their swift action upon finding out about the cheating.

As for AD and the car. Turns out he was not breaking any NCAA rules per their finding. Was essentially a test drive program offered to potential high end clientele and obviously ADs potential future nfl earning he quailified however OU has discouraged use of this because of how it looks to the public. Ps don't throw stones as we know poor broke ass VY was seen rolling around in a high dollar SuV while at UT.

Re: Cars

Do you guys realize how easy it is to get a car these days legally?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OU self investigated after Aggy reported it in their paper; it wasn't an anonymous tip. Again, Stoops had no choice b/c everything was public. Don't be so naïve. Oh, I wasn't throwing any stones, just calling you out for portraying OU QB's to be boy scouts. Everybody knew what VY was driving, that was no secret.......

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, go back and read the posts. The Texas posters are actually defending the kid and really just making fun of how awful College Station is as to why JF is partying in Austin. Once you make a trip to C.S, you'll understand.

I had friends that went to SFA, I'd go out there to party with their fraternities. No one, and I mean NO ONE, thinks Nacogdoches is better than CS...but there I was partying.

Nothing more, nothing less. As I pointed out earlier, it was Texas Stampede and the biggest name from a rival school was on campus. Any word as to why he was asked to leave?

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been to some pretty kick ass parties in San Marcos back in the day also. We can't all have our campus in a large city/state Capitol.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been to some pretty kick ass parties in San Marcos back in the day also. We can't all have our campus in a large city/state Capitol.

Ok, San Marcos is a different monster, especially back in the day when it was SWT and not Texas State. I had a cousin who actually graduated from SWT back in the late 80's when SWT was listed as the #1 party school in the country by Playboy in 1988 (I believe). Hell, we would even make the 30 minute drive from A-town to San Marcos to party.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He showed up at another with a Tim Tebow NY Jets jersey on and didn' get kicked out or asked to leave. get out

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reasons do not matter.g What matters is the reasonin. You are an A&M QB that can not stay out of the papers. You recently got a ton of flack for your time at the Manning camp. Media is out to lambast you. So then you sit and think...

Where can I go to get a drink and relax. A place where people will let me be just me. I got it!! Let me go to Austin, because nobody there would want to see me in the papers looking bad.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reasons do not matter.g What matters is the reasonin. You are an A&M QB that can not stay out of the papers. You recently got a ton of flack for your time at the Manning camp. Media is out to lambast you. So then you sit and think...

Where can I go to get a drink and relax. A place where people will let me be just me. I got it!! Let me go to Austin, because nobody there would want to see me in the papers looking bad.

How is it bad to go to Austin to party with friends? Because he won the Heisman, he can't have friends any more and has to live some secluded life? Don't get me wrong ... the Manning camp thing shows an arrogance that I don't like and I would prefer if he was my QB that he be working on Xs and Os. But, seriously, he can't go out and have a good time?

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JFF doesn't give a rat's ass about the media. He is "trolling" the media, and they are taking it hook, line, and sinker. Kudos to this young man who refuses to bow to the pressure that the media and his critics are trying to apply on him.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it bad to go to Austin to party with friends? Because he won the Heisman, he can't have friends any more and has to live some secluded life? Don't get me wrong ... the Manning camp thing shows an arrogance that I don't like and I would prefer if he was my QB that he be working on Xs and Os. But, seriously, he can't go out and have a good time?
-
Of course he can, but he is not a normal kid. Times have changed. I just do not see any upside to his decision. HE made remarks that were not interpreted to be very favorable of CS. He has the Manning flair up and the media questioning his commitment and partying. Just going to Austin to party is not going to be received well, given the previous events. He has the means to go anywhere. There are not too many places for him to go that has more downside than Austin and UT campus. Simple cost/benefit analysis would have led to a different decision

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Of course he can, but he is not a normal kid. Times have changed. I just do not see any upside to his decision. HE made remarks that were not interpreted to be very favorable of CS. He has the Manning flair up and the media questioning his commitment and partying. Just going to Austin to party is not going to be received well, given the previous events. He has the means to go anywhere. There are not too many places for him to go that has more downside than Austin and UT campus. Simple cost/benefit analysis would have led to a different decision

JFF refuses to accept your expectations of him, and carries on his life as a "normal" kid. He just happens to play football, and is very good at it.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

I get your point. It's reasonable. But, I also get that he doesn't want to live that way, and I can respect that, too.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just poor judgement and on his part. He is free to go and do what he wants, as long as it is legal, but right now he should be laying low and instead he is getting his picture plastured all over the internet.

He is either incredibly stupid or addicted to the lime light and needs to constantly stir up crap either way he is almost becoming the Kanya West of CFB.