• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just so sweet seeing all the SEC teams defending the newbie SEC team. If A&M were still in the Big XII, you guys wouldn't be defending Manziel; you'd be the first ones to complain that he shouldn't have received the Heisman. :L

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just so sweet seeing all the SEC teams defending the newbie SEC team. If A&M were still in the Big XII, you guys wouldn't be defending Manziel; you'd be the first ones to complain that he shouldn't have received the Heisman. :L

Poor baby :bawling:

:rollseyes:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im starting to really not like johnny manziel, if i were an NFL team in a big time market unless i was a super high need for a QB i would think twice before drafting him because he is going to all his millions and throw parties for celebrities, be in the papers and be a huge distraction to the team

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am just dense, but what in the world is wrong with this photo? The dude is hanging at a summer frat party. How in the world does that cost him millions?

I don't think the photo by itself does that... I think it is the constant poor judgement shown by him that will limit his endorsement deals... from twitter post he had to recant to the frat parties and attitude.

He is still young and it is not too late... and he is still light years ahead of idiots like the Honey Badger and group so he isn't off the charts ...

But if I were him I wouldn't party AT ALL until I got that contract... stay away from trouble, etc.. and he could parlay things into tens of millions.

And I know some people will go... "he has to go out... blah blah..." but let me ask you a question...

For $10-20MM would you stay home and keep out of trouble for 6 months? 1 year?

If he drops from a top 10 pick to #18.. what does that cost him? A hell of a lot... It is the little things that will determine his future.

Hell, just live like Peyton Manning did in college for this year... it isn't like he had no fun, he just didn't invite trouble in his life.

Public relations is an artform for a reason... even if you are not guilty of things, if you keep putting yourself in a position to be in the news in a negative way, expect that to affect your future earnings.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the photo by itself does that... I think it is the constant poor judgement shown by him that will limit his endorsement deals... from twitter post he had to recant to the frat parties and attitude.

He is still young and it is not too late... and he is still light years ahead of idiots like the Honey Badger and group so he isn't off the charts ...

But if I were him I wouldn't party AT ALL until I got that contract... stay away from trouble, etc.. and he could parlay things into tens of millions.

And I know some people will go... "he has to go out... blah blah..." but let me ask you a question...

For $10-20MM would you stay home and keep out of trouble for 6 months? 1 year?

If he drops from a top 10 pick to #18.. what does that cost him? A hell of a lot... It is the little things that will determine his future.

Hell, just live like Peyton Manning did in college for this year... it isn't like he had no fun, he just didn't invite trouble in his life.

Public relations is an artform for a reason... even if you are not guilty of things, if you keep putting yourself in a position to be in the news in a negative way, expect that to affect your future earnings.

You are kidding, right?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that being a baby? You know as well as I that "Team SEC" is hypocritical. Just stating facts. There's no crying in football. :eyebrows:

I will agree that "team SEC" is annoying but I don't see so much of that here. At ESpin it was ridiculous how many douchebags were a fan if any winning SEC team.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Success breeds hate... if we could factor that out of each thread this summer, we would only have solid threads...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh please you sound just like Jonny Manziel when he tweeted

"Just walk a mile in my shoes"

Like his life is so tough. Here he is tweeting all his exploits and how awesome it is to be him yet at the same time when something goes wrong like the parking ticket he got he goes off about how tough it is to be him. How its outrageous that his fame doesn't exempt him from a parking ticket. Where I come from we call that being a spoiled little bitch. Perhaps JF should just shut off his twitter account because it does him no justice.

Again? Do you mean he should shut it off again?

SOCALPIPELAYER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire State of Texas sucks so what's the difference?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm Rhett was KICKED OUT of OU, also. Bob doesn't put up with shit like that.

When JFF is taking money for work not done, I'm sure A&M will kick him out too.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M's defense sucked in a conference that is far from being known for their offensive prowess. That is why they don't get credit. Because they don't deserve it.

If only they had played a game against a team from a conference known for its offensive prowess :rollseyes:

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kidding, right?

fordman,

I know you take it personal being an A&M fan.. but I am being honest.

Most star players in the NFL who have half a brain will make as much from endorsements as they do from playing. Manziel is in a unique position where if he plays well this season, could be in line for a huge signing day...

From a PR perspective, I would be keeping him away from all parties, and social media. nothing better than signing with a large CPG company for $10MM well before the draft... if he keeps showing his immaturity, it will cost him dearly (the opportunity cost of dollars not earned...)

Am I wrong?

And don't tell me you are referring to the incident when a female trainer saw a chance to get paid and filed the sexual harassment claim? LOL... trust me.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fordman,

I know you take it personal being an A&M fan.. but I am being honest.

Most star players in the NFL who have half a brain will make as much from endorsements as they do from playing. Manziel is in a unique position where if he plays well this season, could be in line for a huge signing day...

From a PR perspective, I would be keeping him away from all parties, and social media. nothing better than signing with a large CPG company for $10MM well before the draft... if he keeps showing his immaturity, it will cost him dearly (the opportunity cost of dollars not earned...)

Am I wrong?

Guess you don't remember Peyton costing Tennessee $300k for the sexual harassment suit where he basically sat on a trainers face because he thought it would be funny? And JFF is hurting his draft stock by being thrown out of parties quietly, wearing Tebow jerseys, and hanging out with celebs. :noidea:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only they had played a game against a team from a conference known for its offensive prowess :rollseyes:
-
Who would that be? I am in the minority that think Bama has an excellent offense. I honestly do not know of an SEC team that A&M played last yr that is known for their offense.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Who would that be? I am in the minority that think Bama has an excellent offense. I honestly do not know of an SEC team that A&M played last yr that is known for their offense.

The poster I quoted spoke of a conference not known for their offense. I am pretty sure the Big12 is known for their offense. We did ok against the co-best from the Big12, would you not agree?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Pretty sure he's talking about Oklahoma and the 41-13 result.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm Rhett was KICKED OUT of OU, also. Bob doesn't put up with shit like that.

Naïve, huh? LOL, Stoops had no choice but to kick Bomar off the team after the dumbass submitted his W2 form for work that was never peformed. Stoops then was forced even more when he received a report that 15-20 football players were clocking in for work at Big Red when they were supposed to be in class from 2002-2005. Then throw in the fact AP was seen all over campus driving a Lexus from Big Red. Once the shit started hitting the fan, Stoops had no choice but to take action, otherwise, it would have been swept under the rug.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he's talking about Oklahoma and the 41-13 result.

nailed_it_RE_20th_Century_fox_theme_on_flute-s240x320-227191.jpg