• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get what the issue with JFF is either. So the kid likes to party.......who doesn't at his age, with his money, and notoriety?

We'll see during the season how he handles success. If I had to bet, I'd say he has a down year......which may not really be all that bad, but down from his Heisman campaign.

I don't get it either. Jealousy? :noidea:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what offensive system he'd fit in the NFL......but some of the posts in this thread are LAUGHABLY inaccurate.

Every year, I see fools post that so-and-so won't be able to run against NFL defenses.......are you all smoking crack, or just not paying attention?

I heard that about VY, Vick, Newton, and Tebow......and every last one of them ran all over defenses. So will Manziel.

The only real question is will be able to PASS against NFL defenses......does he have an arm and the accuracy to make all the throws.......does he have the command of his peers and the leadership necessary to control the huddle.......these are the things he has to show he can do.

His size will be held against him. He has to show he can overcome that at a high level.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEAH MARK, There has NEVER been a player from OU that embarrassed the university, huh?
OH WAIT! No players maybe(yeah, right) JUST HEAD COACHES! What was that famous OU head coaches name again? Help a fan out Mark, B A RRY... yeah thats it Barry something, Oh you know it, I am sure!

Oh how quick Pooners forget the name Rhett Bomar :L

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS ^^^^^ I don't think people really understand the team that Sherman left for Sumlin. IMO, I think Sherman would have had the same success last year if he was still coaching Aggy. Aggy was an ass hair away from being a 12-1 team in 2011 and then returned everybody (minus Tannehill, but I, along with many Aggies, always thought Tannehill was overrated anyway) in 2012. There were a lot of seniors on that team last year with tons of experience. I'm eager to see if Sumlin can ever win with his own recruits.

Yeah I'm curious to see what Sumlin does......his entire career he's won with someone else's recruits, especially the QBs he's inherited. Let's see what he can do, because he's recruiting very well. Aggy should be a BEAST in the backfield, but I don't know if their OL will hold up.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always the tu guys alongside Bama fans that are overly concerned with JFF.

Care to explain why you're so fucking concerned with this Aggie?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bama fans aren't overly concerned with JFF. Just gets a bit old hearing all the hype about him is all.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not concerned, just making a comment. We were rivals for over a 100 years......

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't want him to turn into Johnny Community Service.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans aren't overly concerned with JFF. Just gets a bit old hearing all the hype about him is all.

I disagree. Every time I see another Manziel thread it's overwhelmed by Bama fans. You guys won the title again so I just don't get it. He's he was the biggest reason the Aggies won but again, who won the title?

He's not overhyped at all. What he accomplished last year was pretty damn amazing.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like a douche, but the guy has a lot of pressure on him. Don't like him, but want him to have a good year.

Answering the question: Reggie Bush. Not sure he is liking his former U. now. Might have been different when he played.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like a douche, but the guy has a lot of pressure on him. Don't like him, but want him to have a good year.

Answering the question: Reggie Bush. Not sure he is liking his former U. now. Might have been different when he played.

Terrelle Pryor, Maurice Clarett...

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, because no one is tired of all the hype about Bama. People and teams that do well get the hype. Be glad you are in the hype zone right now, and give the kid the same credit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Every time I see another Manziel thread it's overwhelmed by Bama fans. You guys won the title again so I just don't get it. He's he was the biggest reason the Aggies won but again, who won the title?

He's not overhyped at all. What he accomplished last year was pretty damn amazing.

He wasn't the biggest reason the Aggies won, their defense getting 3 turnovers was.

But all anyone wants to focus on are the highlights/1st quarter. :noidea:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, not while they played at their schools. After Tressel sold Clarett out to save his own ass, then yes, I believe Clarett had disdain for tOSU.

That's kinda my point. Reggie didn't dislike his school while he played there. Maybe after the fact but that's mere speculation.