• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Since when did the Heisman base its award on the amount of "partying" by its winner? Even in this video of him leaving this frat party, he wasn't drunk and out of control. And just what "standard" do you think he has to live up to? Does he need to live up to Tebow's righteousness? Does he need to try and pretend to be someone else, just to please you and his other critics? His teammates, just like any team, just want their "leader" to be REAL. They just don't want someone who is a fake. Despite Tim Tebow's critics of his religious beliefs, his team had enormous respect for him as their leader, BECAUSE THEY KNEW HE WAS REAL. You take a survey of Johnny's teammates, right now, and I would guarantee that they support him, and respect him as their leader, despite what you and other critics say. They respect him BECAUSE HE IS REAL!

I'm not saying he has to be an angel. I could give a shit if he parties and fucks. But he takes it too far sometimes. Yeah I bet his teammates really appreciated what he said on twitter, that he couldn't wait to leave Texas A&M. Like I said he can be a college kid and drink and all that, but don't go to far bc he will suspended or get arrested and that is not fair to his TEAMMATES. He only gives a shit about himself, unlike Tebow.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! REAL men don't Tweet, PERIOD! :suds:

Say that to every athlete. Just bc you are too old to understand it, doesn't mean it isn't "manly".

I used to, but the shit got old

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Since when did the Heisman base its award on the amount of "partying" by its winner? Even in this video of him leaving this frat party, he wasn't drunk and out of control. And just what "standard" do you think he has to live up to? Does he need to live up to Tebow's righteousness? Does he need to try and pretend to be someone else, just to please you and his other critics? His teammates, just like any team, just want their "leader" to be REAL. They just don't want someone who is a fake. Despite Tim Tebow's critics of his religious beliefs, his team had enormous respect for him as their leader, BECAUSE THEY KNEW HE WAS REAL. You take a survey of Johnny's teammates, right now, and I would guarantee that they support him, and respect him as their leader, despite what you and other critics say. They respect him BECAUSE HE IS REAL!

It's not only about his current team. He is also auditioning for a future employer who will be considering investing millions of dollars in him.

Manziel is not the first returning Heisman winning quarterback to be overly scrutinized for his off-season, off-the-field behavior!! After Matt Leinart decided to return for his senior season, he was seen hanging out and partying with multiple celebrities and despite having a very successful senior season, he dropped from the #1 pick in the draft after his junior season, to #10, costing him several million dollars.

Suddenly, the storyline was that he was more interested in hanging with celebs than in playing football!!

I'm not saying that the reports of what he was doing in the off-season are the only reason that he dropped like that, but they sure didn't help!!

And considering how his NFL career has turned out, if Manziel keeps up with what he's doing, you can bet that NFL teams will start making Leinart/Manziel comparisons!!

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goood job Tonythe Gator....This thread was going down hill fast until you set things straight. A bunch of hypocrites thinking there is something wrong with having some fun while in college. Manziel owes nothing to the public and he sure is putting TAM on the map and making them tens of millions of dollars. If he wants to visit a Frat party at Texas; more power to him. Come on you guys....lighten up some.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lel'd

[ame]http://twitter.com/JManziel2/status/361558147724357632[/ame]

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't critical of manziel until he tweeted that poor me walk a mile in my shoes I can't wait to leave college station bullshit. He is a douche.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't critical of manziel until he tweeted that poor me walk a mile in my shoes I can't wait to leave college station bullshit. He is a douche.

Yea I was the same way, but even then he doesn't bother me that much. He's just a lifelong Longhorns fan that had to settle going to A&M cause Mack is a moron.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I was the same way, but even then he doesn't bother me that much. He's just a lifelong Longhorns fan that had to settle going to A&M cause Mack is a moron.

Here we go with the revision of history.

Manziel was a 3 star QB......he didn't have a long offer list, nobody of consequence was really after him. You guys kill me with this bullshit......you act like everyone on the planet knew in HS he was going to be all world or something.

Here's a clue.......there are over 200+ D1 ready QBs leaving Texas HS's this year. Mack is not going to find the best ones in every class every year, and NOBODY can either.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO he goes to Texas during the Texas Stampede recruiting weekend and talks with Texas' recruits, gets kicked out of a party. Doesn't cause a scene, does nothing wrong.

He trolls Texas during their recruiting weekend and it's a story? :noidea:

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody of consequence... You Texas freaks ought to learn by now if Oregon is interested you might want to give them a look. Manziel committed to Oregon but QB was too deep for his liking

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you dislike every NCAAFB player who is a douche, there won't be many left to cheer for.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody of consequence... You Texas freaks ought to learn by now if Oregon is interested you might want to give them a look. Manziel committed to Oregon but QB was too deep for his liking

Like I said, nobody of consequence

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh. Saw that coming. How's Texas done lately? Moron.

LOL, jimmies rustled......

Oregon is of no consequence. They don't put QBs in the league very often, and just because they have interest in a kid does not mean Texas or any other program SHOULD have interest. You don't run the same offense as many schools in the first place.......

So yeah, NO CONSEQUENCE. Get over it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good. Just keep on the same path you are. We like a crappy Texas team. Good for college football

yeah, just like Oregon thinking they actually have a chance to win anything, and failing every year. Call us when you actually accomplish something.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're one dumb hick

yep. Dumb enough to root for a team with multiple NCs, second most wins in history and the most bowl wins. But go ahead, tell me all about how great your ducks and their uniforms are.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go with the revision of history.

Manziel was a 3 star QB......he didn't have a long offer list, nobody of consequence was really after him. You guys kill me with this bullshit......you act like everyone on the planet knew in HS he was going to be all world or something.

Here's a clue.......there are over 200+ D1 ready QBs leaving Texas HS's this year. Mack is not going to find the best ones in every class every year, and NOBODY can either.

but instead he got David Ash :laugh3: