• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say I agree with that, what has he done? Leaving a UT frat party - you really can't tell from the video if he got "kicked out" - is a newsworthy event, even for a freshman heisman candidate?

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's not like he's doing anything that's bad. As has been pointed out, he's not racking up DUI's or stealing folks laptops or anything. Heck, most of us on here were probably doing worse things at that age than what's been reported on him. Unfortunately because of who he is, everything he does becomes a newsworthy event!!

Again, it's not necessarily fair, but it is part of the trade off for the perks that his celebrity affords him. Prior to the "social media age", the majority of what he has been doing likely doesn't ever get reported. But with all of the instant access social media that we have today, if he farts in public, someone is gonna catch it on their smartphone and post it on youtube or twitter!!

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair, UT parties are much better then parties in College Station

:agree:With all the guys going down on each other it leaves a lot of lonely girls sitting around hoping that somebody would pay attention to them.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:With all the guys going down on each other it leaves a lot of lonely girls sitting around hoping that somebody would pay attention to them.

FA516962-4001-4309-A689-5CD821D8943B-9678-00000877E77C77FC_zpsdf233db6.jpg

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point though!! Because he is who he is and because he won the Heisman, we hear about everything that he does. While he may be "acting his age", because of his being in the spotlight when he "acts his age" it gets publicized and can be a distraction for his teammates.

When a player is in the spotlight like Manziel, they have to tone that kind of behavior waaaay down. It's not necessarily fair, but it is part of the trade off!!

Remember, regular college students don't have to deal with the media scrutiny that comes with being famous, but they also don't get the benefits of it either!!

You know what? I'm 56 years old, and I respect the shit out of Johnny Football for not giving a shit about what the press and the critics think. I respect the hell out of him for not bowing down to the pressure that the press and the critics are trying to put on him. And I respect the fact that he is being himself, despite what all you "morally superior" people think.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senority without substance is worthless, in all walks of life.

According to your take, newcomers must bow down to whoever has the most posts?

How silly is that line of reasoning? jeez..

Guys that have been here do it for a reason or maybe a good laugh that was funny in the past.

Btw...this Is JF off the field, not on the field. Nobody is doubting his play o the field, but I know he is just a kid but you have to hold yourself to a different standard when you play starting QB and in the spotlight, especially since he just won Heisman. This is just common sense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? I'm 56 years old, and I respect the shit out of Johnny Football for not giving a shit about what the press and the critics think. I respect the hell out of him for not bowing down to the pressure that the press and the critics are trying to put on him. And I respect the fact that he is being himself, despite what all you "morally superior" people think.

Not trying to be "morally superior", just pointing out the facts of his celebrity!! Personally speaking, I liked things better when we didn't have to know about it every time one of our "sports heroes" stepped on a crack in the sidewalk. I'd prefer to just watch what they do in the games and leave their personal lives out of it!!

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? I'm 56 years old . . . And I respect the fact that he is being himself, despite what all you "morally superior" people think.

I'm 58. I keep thinking back to Bill Cosby's 3 line comedy bit on cocaine . . .

Q. What's so great about cocaine?
A. It 'enhances' your personality.
R. Yeah, but what if you're an asshole?

He can be himself (and frequently is so quite publicly) and others have the right to form opinions about him based on how he presents himself.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys that have been here do it for a reason or maybe a good laugh that was funny in the past.

Btw...this Is JF off the field, not on the field. Nobody is doubting his play o the field, but I know he is just a kid but you have to hold yourself to a different standard when you play starting QB and in the spotlight, especially since he just won Heisman. This is just common sense.

I disagree. Since when did the Heisman base its award on the amount of "partying" by its winner? Even in this video of him leaving this frat party, he wasn't drunk and out of control. And just what "standard" do you think he has to live up to? Does he need to live up to Tebow's righteousness? Does he need to try and pretend to be someone else, just to please you and his other critics? His teammates, just like any team, just want their "leader" to be REAL. They just don't want someone who is a fake. Despite Tim Tebow's critics of his religious beliefs, his team had enormous respect for him as their leader, BECAUSE THEY KNEW HE WAS REAL. You take a survey of Johnny's teammates, right now, and I would guarantee that they support him, and respect him as their leader, despite what you and other critics say. They respect him BECAUSE HE IS REAL!

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be "morally superior", just pointing out the facts of his celebrity!! Personally speaking, I liked things better when we didn't have to know about it every time one of our "sports heroes" stepped on a crack in the sidewalk. I'd prefer to just watch what they do in the games and leave their personal lives out of it!!

Why I don't follow any college athletes on Twitter. It made me cringe. I like not knowing that they're idiots

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Leaf??

I was calling him the next Ryan Leaf last year, and was highly criticized for it. I'm sticking to those guns though. He's beaten 2 good football teams in his entire career. That's it. He thinks he is all that though.

johnny hollywood is a daily train wreck waiting to happen.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love me some Twitter

Although I will probably turn it off during season just like I won't be on here much during season as I've found the games more enjoyable without the constant trolls chipping away at Oregon

Twitter is the best during football season, bruh.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a college kid who likes to go to parties? no.fucking.way

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a college kid who likes to go to parties? no.fucking.way

Yep. Terrible, huh? According to all of our gay posters, Johnny shouldn't be skirt-chasing. He should be alone in his room, and masturbating just like them.

:suds: