• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

This panty waste Oregon fan bumped a thread from two years ago, which didn't even concern his team.

Who's trolling again?

You... Because OD bumping that thread was due to another thread me, him, and a few others were having a discussion in...

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He exhibits an extraordinary lack of judgement to match exceptional talent

Glad my QB who is "just a kid" seems to exude at least some leadership and maturity

This...JFF is just in it for the spotlight

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the way his off season is playing out, this upcoming season could end up being the biggest crash and burn in history for a player of his caliber. Time for Coach Sumlin to grab Johnny Boy by the ear and march his ass into the woodshed for a good old Texas sized butt whoppin'.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny is also underage for drinking, though I doubt any charges result from this. As to why he was in Austin, Black Sabbath was performing at the Erwin Center last night. I'll bet he had front row seats for the concert.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt this dude also have a texas longhorns tattoo?

i think johnny never got over the fact that he plays in college station and not austin.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait so Aggie fans go to Texas campus for parties?? Wow..."big" rivalry there. They talk about hating each other so much, yet they are down there in Texas drinking each others beer?!?!?

:bs:

I graduated from HS in 1991. I had a bunch of close friends go to A&M and about the same number of them went to t.u.. About the same amount were distributed among some of the other colleges; Rice, SHSU, SFA, Texas State, Blinn, etc. I went straight into the military.

Now, Every time I took leave I ended up partying with my Aggie friends down in college station which was about 30 minutes from my parents house. Austin was about an hour. My friends that went to tu and other schools would often migrate down to party with us. A few times we went up there to hit the bars down on 6th Street and I've been to my share of house parties hosted by students of texas university and my orange-wearing buddies spent time partying down with us in College Station as well.

In 1993 a bunch of us, teasips included, went to Aggie Bonfire. They all wore orange. One would think that with such a bitter rivalry that there would have been fights. Even back then when the rivalry actually meant something my t-sip buddies were given a big "Howdy" by every student that saw them and their orange t-shirts on campus during the bonfire and the game the next day; Which is better than what a lot of t-sips gave us when wearing maroon up there. "Fuck You Aggie" was probably the one we heard the most.

Anyway, point is, I'm not shocked that JFF went to a frat party in Austin. Neither should anyone else.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do love the excuse for this kid is that, "He is just acting his age."

No, he is acting like an idiot who has the God given talent and is acting reckless with his fame and popularity and possibly could throw it all away because he cant say "no" to bad behavior.

When I was 20 I wasn't acting like this. There are hundreds of college athletes not acting like MAnziel, Hell, like yeo said, Oregon's qb who had just about as successful career as anyone as a freshman isn't doing this. Past Heisman winners weren't making headlines like this. Not even Newton, Newton made headlines in a different light. Not even the pretty boy SC heismans made headlines like Manziel.

The dude has a problem, it needs to be fixed, if I am his teammates and coaches I am getting help for him, otherwise this talent is going to be wasted away.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This...JFF is just in it for the spotlight

Yeah, imagine that. You go from competing for the starting job to the first ever freshman Heisman and he is in it for the "spotlight." All the kids are in it for the spotlight, to win, to try and play on Sunday. I don't see this kid being any different.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I graduated from HS in 1991. I had a bunch of close friends go to A&M and about the same number of them went to t.u.. About the same amount were distributed among some of the other colleges; Rice, SHSU, SFA, Texas State, Blinn, etc. I went straight into the military.

Now, Every time I took leave I ended up partying with my Aggie friends down in college station which was about 30 minutes from my parents house. Austin was about an hour. My friends that went to tu and other schools would often migrate down to party with us. A few times we went up there to hit the bars down on 6th Street and I've been to my share of house parties hosted by students of texas university and my orange-wearing buddies spent time partying down with us in College Station as well.

In 1993 a bunch of us, teasips included, went to Aggie Bonfire. They all wore orange. One would think that with such a bitter rivalry that there would have been fights. Even back then when the rivalry actually meant something my t-sip buddies were given a big "Howdy" by every student that saw them and their orange t-shirts on campus during the bonfire and the game the next day; Which is better than what a lot of t-sips gave us when wearing maroon up there. "Fuck You Aggie" was probably the one we heard the most.

Anyway, point is, I'm not shocked that JFF went to a frat party in Austin. Neither should anyone else.

:agree:

I traveled to meet with friends from all over the SEC when I was at Vandy and UGa. Anyone who wouldn't go to a party at a "rival" school needs to get a life.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, he is acting like an idiot who has the God given talent and is acting reckless with his fame and popularity and possibly could throw it all away because he cant say "no" to bad behavior.

When I was 20 I wasn't acting like this. There are hundreds of college athletes not acting like MAnziel, Hell, like yeo said, Oregon's qb who had just about as successful career as anyone as a freshman isn't doing this. Past Heisman winners weren't making headlines like this. Not even Newton, Newton made headlines in a different light. Not even the pretty boy SC heismans made headlines like Manziel.

The dude has a problem, it needs to be fixed, if I am his teammates and coaches I am getting help for him, otherwise this talent is going to be wasted away.

When I was 20 I was acting way worse than this. :noidea:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poooooor Aggie JFF cannot stand COLLEGE STATION.
He already tweeted as much.

He says he cannot wait to get the hell out of A&M and never look back.
And I can't say that I blame him for hating on that inbred redneck one horse swamp town.

He always wanted to be part of the scene in Austin.
So spending all his time partying in Austin makes perfect sense.....

Who in his right mind would want to stick around in College Station on weekends if you could head over to Austin instead??

JFF is the gift that keeps on giving.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm being serious here ... what has he done to be acting like an idiot? Going to a frat party? Attending MLB and NBA games? But for the fact that he won the Heisman, we wouldn't have heard anything about what this kid has done this summer.

I agree that if I were an A&M fan I would prefer he stay out of the limelight and I'd rather he be studying and lifting and getting better. But, it isn't like he's out robbing people, hitting his girlfriend, attacking bouncers, driving drunk, having a gun is his car like a lot of college players seem to be doing these days.

He's acting his age, pure and simple.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that would've made it sweeter is if he was wearing a Vince Young jersey :rockon:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm being serious here ... what has he done to be acting like an idiot? Going to a frat party? Attending MLB and NBA games? But for the fact that he won the Heisman, we wouldn't have heard anything about what this kid has done this summer.

I agree that if I were an A&M fan I would prefer he stay out of the limelight and I'd rather he be studying and lifting and getting better. But, it isn't like he's out robbing people, hitting his girlfriend, attacking bouncers, driving drunk, having a gun is his car like a lot of college players seem to be doing these days.

He's acting his age, pure and simple.

That's the point though!! Because he is who he is and because he won the Heisman, we hear about everything that he does. While he may be "acting his age", because of his being in the spotlight when he "acts his age" it gets publicized and can be a distraction for his teammates.

When a player is in the spotlight like Manziel, they have to tone that kind of behavior waaaay down. It's not necessarily fair, but it is part of the trade off!!

Remember, regular college students don't have to deal with the media scrutiny that comes with being famous, but they also don't get the benefits of it either!!

kev_fan_ATX_80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair, UT parties are much better then parties in College Station

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point though!! Because he is who he is and because he won the Heisman, we hear about everything that he does. While he may be "acting his age", because of his being in the spotlight when he "acts his age" it gets publicized and can be a distraction for his teammates.

When a player is in the spotlight like Manziel, they have to tone that kind of behavior waaaay down. It's not necessarily fair, but it is part of the trade off!!

Remember, regular college students don't have to deal with the media scrutiny that comes with being famous, but they also don't get the benefits of it either!!

Let's say I agree with that, what has he done? Leaving a UT frat party - you really can't tell from the video if he got "kicked out" - is a newsworthy event, even for a freshman heisman candidate?