• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Thomas. But he is nowhere near the talent as Manziel.

And Manziel is a level above most.

It was very obvious Thomas wasnt going to get drafted. It is also very obvious that both Manziel and Mariota are most likely 1st round, Johnny may slip to the 2nd. Mariota could slip to 2nd as well I suppose.

Johnny is gone after this season. Mariota plays at least til 2014 IMO.

I think Mariota has better tools than Manziel for the next level. Mariota is 6'4 and has a huge arm, and his form looks pretty good, Manziel looks like he has a little issues with his mechanics. It works, but like a really good basketball shooter who has a bad form.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ an oregon fan talking about a player being small!!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting so banged up that you sleep through practice the next day and staying "alcohol-free" are completely different things.
-
It is basic immaturity stuff. His SEC media comments will raise some questions. There is a chance he goes 3-4th rnd, because of his apparent immaturity. NFL takes a lot worse kids than Manziel

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a misdemeanor for fake ID and a fight last year. That's the only legal trouble I know of. The rest is living the rockstar life.

Do NFL teams these days really want their QB to be living the rockstar life? That stuff flies at the college level, but the NFL is a business and Manziel is only going to be getting more money and will be the face of a NFL franchise. Do teams want this behavior at the most key position in the game?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD. Im sorry man. You have no idea what you are talking about.

You are over thinking this. He is Johnny. He isnt some other guy. This kid whether you like him or not is the real deal man...

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because he is behind one of the largest lines in CFB, or was.

Ah...

I remember an ad for the ESPYs where RGIII referred to Manziel as "that little guy"...RGIII's a big dude though...

The kid hasn't handled the spotlight as well as he should have, but he's just a fucking kid...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ an oregon fan talking about a player being small!!

Oregon's O-line and D-Line is bigger than Bamas

If you are talking about DeAnthony he isnt as small as you think.

Once again, perceptions of years ago being held on to.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah...

I remember an ad for the ESPYs where RGIII referred to Manziel as "that little guy"...RGIII's a big dude though...

The kid hasn't handled the spotlight as well as he should have, but he's just a fucking kid...

RG3 is far from a big dude. Tall but he is a stick.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying he wont get drafted isn't that far fetched. He is only 6'1, doesn't have an arm as good as Drew Brees. And his running ability will be mute against NFL defenses.

I think he's a train wreck but he's also (talent wise) very similar to Russell Wilson. Kid will get drafted and higher than Wilson. He can send Russell a thank you card

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD. Im sorry man. You have no idea what you are talking about.

You are over thinking this. He is Johnny. He isnt some other guy. This kid whether you like him or not is the real deal man...

We will see this year. It will be interesting to see how he does now. He will be the #1 target for defenses. If he has a stellar year like he did last year then yes.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah...

I think RG3 is only like 6'2". I shook his hand at a Baylor event (buddy is some alum), and I was eye-to-eye with him. I'm 6'1". He was solid as a brick shithouse though.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also enough proof out there that IF you do draft a stud college QB they don't always tend to workout, and until recent they usually always flopped.

JaMarcus Russell
Vince Young
Matt Leinhart
Eric Crouch
Joey Harrington (sorry bud)
Tim Tebow
Ken Dorsey
Danny Wuerfel
Chris Winke

list goes on and on. AND although some of these first year or 2nd year break out stars had a great year in the NFL last year it will be interesting to see how they do this year now that defenses have seen them enough.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was that other amazing college QB that played at Houston under Sumlin? Where is he now?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also enough proof out there that IF you do draft a stud college QB they don't always tend to workout, and until recent they usually always flopped.

JaMarcus Russell -- only the Raiders were dumb enough to go for this
Vince Young -- He wasn't a bust until he went looney
Matt Leinhart -- a bust on a bad team
Eric Crouch -- he retired before ever playing and was drafted as a WR
Joey Harrington (sorry bud)
Tim Tebow -- Wouldn't call a bust because he was never drafted as a starting QB
Ken Dorsey
Danny Wuerfel
Chris Winke

list goes on and on. AND although some of these first year or 2nd year break out stars had a great year in the NFL last year it will be interesting to see how they do this year now that defenses have seen them enough.

Still he will get drafted. He is too talented not to be drafted at all

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is this coming from? I haven't seen a 2014 draft projection that has him going any worse than the first half of the first round... :noidea:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD. SO are you retracting from the original intention of your thread?

It seems that way. If you would have stated I believe he wont succeed in the NFL you would have gotten a little more cred. But instead lost mucho cred when stating he wont get drafted.

His physical skill set alone get him drafted. I believe he has the swag and is fooling everyone into thinking he isnt putting the effort into football. I see him as a success.