• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, i wonder how he could do in Andy Reid's system

I wonder how he would do in Chip Kelly's system :)

edit: And he is definitely gone after this year barring something that drops his draft stock substantially.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He easily could bomb or get stuffed with game tape. But he got better last year the more he played, which is when more tape was available on him. One of his best games was the Cotton Bowl, when OU had nothing to do for a month except watch tape and gameplan for him.

Is it a given he has a good year? Not in any way. He could get drilled in game 1 and hurt for the rest of the season. He has an equal chance of having another great year as well, though.

sure.

but the other thing that could hinder Manziel of getting drafted is his personal problems. AJ McCaron crapped on him at SEC media days, made him look real bad. If Manziel cant clean up his personal act than I don't know many NFL teams willing to take the chance.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does he go after this year? I just don't see how he goes as a first round QB. It'll be interesting to see how he does now considering the SEC Defenses have had a year to study him.

That's the key, if he has a really good year again he'll get drafted fairly high. If he underachieves compared to last season he'll probably still get drafted somewhere in the first 3 rds. Sometimes it's the combine #s that can make or break a guy, who knows what his future holds at this point.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this kid even gets drafted. Maybe as a WR? but I think he is still too small. The only team I see drafting him is the Jets, so to get themselves into the headlines.

Manziel might be a great little college QB and if he stays alcohol free, could have a great long career at Texas AM, but I don't see him having much of a football future.
He's 6'2", 205 lbs. That's slightly below average for an NFL quarterback but hardly "too small".

"Alcohol free"... uhh, why? Unless he drinks himself out of shape, which is unlikely given how much these guys work out, the guy will be 21 by draft day.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD, do you watch football?

That is a retarded... Assuming Johnny Football wont get drafted is just ridiculous.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 6'2", 205 lbs. That's slightly below average for an NFL quarterback but hardly "too small".

"Alcohol free"... uhh, why? Unless he drinks himself out of shape, which is unlikely given how much these guys work out, the guy will be 21 by draft day.

It doesn't sound like Manziel is just a casual drinker who likes to have fun from time to time, it sounds and appears Manziel drinks hard and it has gotten in the way of some work. He was past out not just once at this Manning passing camp.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ludicrous to think he won't get drafted at all. He will be drafted, 2-3rd round is my guess but I don't think he will be much of an NFL QB given his freshman year but I think he goes after his junior year.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD, do you watch football?

That is a retarded... Assuming Johnny Football wont get drafted is just ridiculous.

Darron Thomas didn't get drafted and he posted a 23-3 record. There are several great college QBs who go undrafted.

Manziel doesn't have the personal stats Height, weight to stand above the rest, his speed which he has going for him gets matched at the NFL level. I really don't know how well his arm is. Also, Manziel personal life is an issue and will probably turn away some NFL teams. He is a gamble.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-
I would guess when they measure at the combine it is more likr 6'.. He is small, but that is not a death knell.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ludicrous to think he won't get drafted at all. He will be drafted, 2-3rd round is my guess but I don't think he will be much of an NFL QB given his freshman year but I think he goes after his junior year.

He is gone after this season. Book it.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure.

but the other thing that could hinder Manziel of getting drafted is his personal problems. AJ McCaron crapped on him at SEC media days, made him look real bad. If Manziel cant clean up his personal act than I don't know many NFL teams willing to take the chance.

His personal act? He hasn't gotten into any actual trouble has he? He has acted like a kid because he is still a kid. Teams draft guys who have DUIs in school without blinking an eye. His personal act will not impact his draft stock at all unless he starts doing cocaine or something crazy.

b_lake

Ask your lady, she likes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he really 6' 1"? Doesn't look like it...

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't sound like Manziel is just a casual drinker who likes to have fun from time to time, it sounds and appears Manziel drinks hard and it has gotten in the way of some work. He was past out not just once at this Manning passing camp.

Not getting so banged up that you sleep through practice the next day and staying "alcohol-free" are completely different things.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His personal act? He hasn't gotten into any actual trouble has he? He has acted like a kid because he is still a kid. Teams draft guys who have DUIs in school without blinking an eye. His personal act will not impact his draft stock at all unless he starts doing cocaine or something crazy.

I bet he already does or at least has.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darron Thomas didn't get drafted and he posted a 23-3 record. There are several great college QBs who go undrafted.

Manziel doesn't have the personal stats Height, weight to stand above the rest, his speed which he has going for him gets matched at the NFL level. I really don't know how well his arm is. Also, Manziel personal life is an issue and will probably turn away some NFL teams. He is a gamble.

I liked Thomas. But he is nowhere near the talent as Manziel.

And Manziel is a level above most.

It was very obvious Thomas wasnt going to get drafted. It is also very obvious that both Manziel and Mariota are most likely 1st round, Johnny may slip to the 2nd. Mariota could slip to 2nd as well I suppose.

Johnny is gone after this season. Mariota plays at least til 2014 IMO.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had a misdemeanor for fake ID and a fight last year. That's the only legal trouble I know of. The rest is living the rockstar life.