• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial all things Johnny Manziel related thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I still can not understand what happened to the Cotton Bowl. This used to be a legit bowl game. How the hell did the Fiesta replace the Cotton in the bowl hierarchy. It would be nice to see this bowl back to its historical standing.

Because they refused to upgrade the Cotton Bowl until they realized that no one would come here. Then it was too late. Then Jerry world got it and it is beginning its climb back to the ranks of one of the better bowl sites.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I still can not understand what happened to the Cotton Bowl. This used to be a legit bowl game. How the hell did the Fiesta replace the Cotton in the bowl hierarchy. It would be nice to see this bowl back to its historical standing.

The great news in the CFP it is along with the Peach.

Cotton
Peach
Fiesta
Sugar
Rose
Orange

That is the new lineup. Two of those CFP bowls are rotated into the semis every 3rd year.

:yahoo:

Its a plus for CFB. The CFP has uprgaded over the BCS including Cotton and Peach as BCS / CFP bowls.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new "College Football Playoff" or CFP is essentially the exact same as the BCS.

But instead of one NATTY game they bumped it up to a semi.

So say the Rose and SUgar are the semi games. THen we get the NATTY game at another sight (Reliant/Jerruh World ) etc.

THat means the Peach, Cotton, Fiesta, Orange are parallels to what we have now in BCS bowls.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on your definition. A&M has been ranked in 5 times in the last 16 yrs. 21, 13, 20, 21, and 5th. I would say this is easily the second successful season under most people's barometer. Some may say 5.. All about your expectations

I'm talking about the cherry picked stats previously listed to make it seem like they have accomplished the same thing.

When obviously A&M enjoyed alot more success and time in the spotlight last year over Texas.

MastaCow53

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new "College Football Playoff" or CFP is essentially the exact same as the BCS.

But instead of one NATTY game they bumped it up to a semi.

So say the Rose and SUgar are the semi games. THen we get the NATTY game at another sight (Reliant/Jerruh World ) etc.

THat means the Peach, Cotton, Fiesta, Orange are parallels to what we have now in BCS bowls.

The Peach/Chick-fil-A Bowl is a part of the CFP because it's 2ed only the the Rose Bowl in consecutive sellouts with 16. Plus, Atlanta will be opening a brand new state-of-the-art stadium in 2017.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality of the whole situation is if Manziel continues to perform well on the field, it doesn't matter what he does in the offseason, as long as he doesn't get into trouble with the law, or break team rules.

He has already done both of those things. johnnyboywannabehollywood is striking out today.:laugh3:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they refused to upgrade the Cotton Bowl until they realized that no one would come here. Then it was too late. Then Jerry world got it and it is beginning its climb back to the ranks of one of the better bowl sites.
^^^This plus they increased their payout early on and used teams like ND and FSU that didn't have tie ends to make a name for themselves. Very smart move too bad they almost killed their reputation with the coruption a couple of years ago.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will anyone draft Manziel?

I don't think this kid even gets drafted. Maybe as a WR? but I think he is still too small. The only team I see drafting him is the Jets, so to get themselves into the headlines.

Manziel might be a great little college QB and if he stays alcohol free, could have a great long career at Texas AM, but I don't see him having much of a football future.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it, you hate the kid.

If he doesn't get into actual trouble or completely crater this year he will get drafted. He will get drafted pretty early, in round 1 or 2 depending again on how he does this year.

Saying he won't get drafted at all is either wishful thinking or petty hatred.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he needs to take the Flutie path. play in canada or worse, arena league and maybe get a shot later on. Some losing team might take a flyer in the last round to sell some johnny football shirts, but he needs time elsewhere before playing in the nfl.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it, you hate the kid.

If he doesn't get into actual trouble or completely crater this year he will get drafted. He will get drafted pretty early, in round 1 or 2 depending again on how he does this year.

Saying he won't get drafted at all is either wishful thinking or petty hatred.

I don't really hate Manziel, I think he is just another amazing athlete that is going to flush his future down the drain because he cant handle his personal problems and lets his ego and partying age get the best of him.

Sorry, but if I were manziel and see the amazing talent God had blessed me with, I wouldn't be getting shit faced drunk to the point of unconsciousness at a QB camp that my fellow coaches couldn't wake me up.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying he wont get drafted isn't that far fetched. He is only 6'1, doesn't have an arm as good as Drew Brees. And his running ability will be mute against NFL defenses.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really hate Manziel, I think he is just another amazing athlete that is going to flush his future down the drain because he cant handle his personal problems and lets his ego and partying age get the best of him.

Sorry, but if I were manziel and see the amazing talent God had blessed me with, I wouldn't be getting shit faced drunk to the point of unconsciousness at a QB camp that my fellow coaches couldn't wake me up.
-
He is going to get drafted. Likely mid-1st round, maybe slips into the 2nd after the poke and prod him. That assumes he has a solid season. There is absolutely no chance he doesnt get drafted barring injury

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
He is going to get drafted. Likely mid-1st round, maybe slips into the 2nd after the poke and prod him. That assumes he has a solid season. There is absolutely no chance he doesnt get drafted barring injury

does he go after this year? I just don't see how he goes as a first round QB. It'll be interesting to see how he does now considering the SEC Defenses have had a year to study him.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this kid even gets drafted. Maybe as a WR? but I think he is still too small. The only team I see drafting him is the Jets, so to get themselves into the headlines.

Manziel might be a great little college QB and if he stays alcohol free, could have a great long career at Texas AM, but I don't see him having much of a football future.

what is Maziel's weight compared to Russell Wilson? Yes, I am comparing the two.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a 1st round pick. I bet the Raiders take him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying he wont get drafted isn't that far fetched. He is only 6'1, doesn't have an arm as good as Drew Brees. And his running ability will be mute against NFL defenses.

He has a pretty good arm. He isn't just a RB like Tebow. He has the deep ball when he needs it.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, i wonder how he could do in Andy Reid's system

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does he go after this year? I just don't see how he goes as a first round QB. It'll be interesting to see how he does now considering the SEC Defenses have had a year to study him.

He easily could bomb or get stuffed with game tape. But he got better last year the more he played, which is when more tape was available on him. One of his best games was the Cotton Bowl, when OU had nothing to do for a month except watch tape and gameplan for him.

Is it a given he has a good year? Not in any way. He could get drilled in game 1 and hurt for the rest of the season. He has an equal chance of having another great year as well, though.