• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2019 Recruiting Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp....looks like we recovered well and unless OSU lands some big recruits before the classes finish we might just have the better ranked class at the end of the day. Shocking, considering where we were just a couple weeks ago. 15 four star players and a five star is a hell of a class.

So you are better by 16.0 points but you have 11 more recruits LOL that is definitely quantity over quality haha

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We stole an athlete from Herm Edwards.

Hadn't even heard the kids name until he signed the LOI minutes ago?!?!?!

txTIGER1963

ONE TOKE OVER THE LINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 417.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While not elite by any measure, I'm pretty happy so far with Tennessee's class. A respectable 16th (as of right now). Pruitt going heavy the on O and D lines.

that's the proper way to build a team imo
give Pruitt a few years and I think you guys will be happy

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, that OU QB is a WEIRD looking human being.

8866642.jpg

Reactions: gob

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp....looks like we recovered well and unless OSU lands some big recruits before the classes finish we might just have the better ranked class at the end of the day. Shocking, considering where we were just a couple weeks ago. 15 four star players and a five star is a hell of a class.
If you rank the top 15 recruits from each class. Our average composite score is better

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are better by 16.0 points but you have 11 more recruits LOL that is definitely quantity over quality haha
Well. Yes. Because it’s a problem OSU has more than 20 spots and didn’t fill them. That is not good and your clas ranking reflects that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Yes. Because it’s a problem OSU has more than 20 spots and didn’t fill them. That is not good and your clas ranking reflects that.
I don't really see it that way.

We lost an amazing DE in Bosa so we signed a top 5 overall player at DE and another 4* DE.

We're losing experience at WR so we signed the #2 overall WR in the nation (5*) as well as another high 4* ranked WR.

We're losing some talent on the OL so we brought in a 5* center, a top 5 OG, and a 4* OT.

We need depth at LB and defensive back, so we signed a high-4* OLB, a high-4* S, a 4* ILB, a 4* ATH who can play LB, and two more 3* DBs.

And perhaps most importantly, we're likely losing a Heisman finalist at QB so we're going hard after a QB who was the #2 recruit in the nation last year overall.

Pretty damn solid class, honestly.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We lost an amazing DE in Bosa so we signed a top 5 overall player at DE and another 4* DE.

We're losing experience at WR so we signed the #2 overall WR in the nation (5*) as well as another high 4* ranked WR.

We're losing some talent on the OL so we brought in a 5* center, a top 5 OG, and a 4* OT.

We need depth at LB and defensive back, so we signed a high-4* OLB, a high-4* S, a 4* ILB, a 4* ATH who can play LB, and two more 3* DBs.

And perhaps most importantly, we're likely losing a Heisman finalist at QB so we're going hard after a QB who was a top 5 recruit in the nation last year overall.

Nice synopsis. I'd also add that I think curbing back some of the oversigning will help future classes.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And perhaps most importantly, we're likely losing a Heisman finalist at QB so we're going hard after a QB who was the #2 recruit in the nation last year overall.

It’s a great class. Just not as good as ours. For the first time in 9 years.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Meyer leaving there was bound to be a few recruits who went elsewhere.

Battle IMO probably would have flipped to Bama anyway. He was trending that way before Meyer announced his retirement.

Mathis is hard to say. Who knows if Meyer would pursue a transfer QB as hard as Day.

I think Day's recruiting will be somewhere in between Tressel and Meyer. Which is good. Meyer was in a league of his own (besides Saban) when it came to national recruiting. It's hard to expect anyone to keep that up. The program has more than enough momentum to keep hauling in top 10 classes in the future though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a great class. Just not as good as ours. For the first time in 9 years.

Gotta consider quality and quantity. Oklahoma is ranked 8th on 24/7 with 21 commits with A&M ranked at 3 ahead of them with 25 yet ranks higher with an average recruit ranking. Same for Ohio state can Michigan.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty pleased with the class so far. It's a pretty damn good class, but Bama beat us out for the top spot.

Unless something surprising happens, Tyrique Stevenson is the only player yet to sign that we're favored to get. We'll know on January 5th.

Would have been nice to land Trey Sanders, but the RB room is gonna be a bit crowded with it sounding like Elijah Holyfield is coming back next season and Zamir White being healthy too.

I think Mathis was the perfect QB to get considering the circumstances. Until he signed, Fromm was the only scholarship QB on roster, and from everything I'm hearing, Fromm plans on playing out his eligibility. Let the guy learn the system for a couple of years and for the first time ever, not have some media drawn up QB controversy.

Pretty excited to get Dean. I was worried Bama was gonna snag him away.

Other than that, none of our verbals flipped today, and that's always a good thing.

Go Dawgs.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty pleased with the class so far. It's a pretty damn good class, but Bama beat us out for the top spot.

Unless something surprising happens, Tyrique Stevenson is the only player yet to sign that we're favored to get. We'll know on January 5th.

Would have been nice to land Trey Sanders, but the RB room is gonna be a bit crowded with it sounding like Elijah Holyfield is coming back next season and Zamir White being healthy too.

I think Mathis was the perfect QB to get considering the circumstances. Until he signed, Fromm was the only scholarship QB on roster, and from everything I'm hearing, Fromm plans on playing out his eligibility. Let the guy learn the system for a couple of years and for the first time ever, not have some media drawn up QB controversy.

Pretty excited to get Dean. I was worried Bama was gonna snag him away.

Other than that, none of our verbals flipped today, and that's always a good thing.

Go Dawgs.
Ole Miss was yalls biggest competition on Dean Bama was 3rd. But that dude changed his mind 1,000,000 times the last few days. Supposedly All 3 teams were leading for him at seperate points during the last week.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a similar scheme. Basically, I think it's a scheme that's hard to prepare for and stop. You just need a mix of WR that can run great routs or burn CBs with straight line speed. A good athletic OLine helps but you don't need elite road graders. You just need above average talent and you will score on anyone.
OU's O-line is damn good. Could have four of the five drafted pretty high this year. And the one that isn't is probably the best but can't leave yet.